Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife (17677 Views)

Ooni Announces Discovery Of “mysterious Waterfall” In Ife / Okrika Iria Ceremony For Virgins Commences (Photos) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by terrezo2002(m): 11:08am On Jan 28, 2017
imhotep:

Your mind has been thoroughly colonized grin grin
When you know the truth, you will know then that the truth can set you free
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 28, 2017
terrezo2002:
When you know the truth, you will know then that the truth can set you free
What is truth?
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Baroba(m): 11:21am On Jan 28, 2017
Meanwhile, in the East ourbborn again friends are busy burning our Ikengas and our masquerades in the name of cleansing communities.. A lazy MF will wake up and tell you a work of art is holding him back.. Well done Oni that's the way to go..
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by akogun316(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2017
the gods of our land have no FU*K to give

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by specco(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by luminouz(m): 11:51am On Jan 28, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
I thought they said that this man was a christian.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols

Can u shut d fvck up? There is culture n there is religion!
Since u have neither... Once again..shut d fvck up! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by luminouz(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2017
omofunaab:

Who enslaved igbo slaves? Jews?
Lmao!!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Olusharp(m): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
MARYchiells:
201 shrines in one town, I fear
it is 200 gods,the oni is seen as a god thus he is the extra one..thus making it 201. the only day that is free of idol worshipping in Ife is January 1,the remaining days has a deity attached to it...

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by specco(m): 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
Reviving and reinvigorating idolatry and paganism? I thought he was a Christian or just pretending? Only God knows the true heart of man.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by NaWetinDey(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
I have deep respect for every leader, more so a traditional or spiritual leader.
But...
Honestly...
How does that mimic of Statue of Liberty represent Yoruba 'Shrine' or 'Heritage' site?
Does it mean that Yoruba culture, shrine or heritage started after the Statue of Liberty in the US of A was built?

Please elucidate and correctly my ignorance, ndi Yoruba anyi.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Chiedu4Trump: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
luminouz:

Can u shut d fvck up? There is culture n there is religion!
Since u have neither... Once again..shut d fvck up! undecided

So you put culture before Jesus?
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by archipelago: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
The Bible ways A servant can not serve two masters. That is, you can not serve God and Mammon together. You have to choose. Ooni, you have to choose.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
I appreciate this cultural promotion,but I will appreciate you more Kabiesi if you do something about Shekona-Edunabon-Ile Ife road. The roads are in a very deplorable condition. I understand it's a Federal Government road but kindly use your influence to do something Baba. It's a shame that the major road leading to the Cradle of Yoruba race from the state capital,Osogbo could be so abandoned.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by emmasege: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Yarnvibes:

He said that members of the race could be found in South West Nigeria, Edo State as well as in Ghana.

I disagree with his Imperial Majesty on the geographical spread of Yorubas within the Nigerian borders. There are Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi states and they contribute significantly to their populations. Why did Ooni single out Edo State where his wife comes from?
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by willibounce1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
Beautifying shrines when your people are hungry
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by emmasege: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
OROSUNBOLB:
I appreciate this cultural promotion,but I will appreciate you more Kabiesi if you do something about Shekona-Edunabon-Ile Ife road. The roads are in a very deplorable condition. I understand it's a Federal Government road but kindly use your influence to do something Baba. It's a shame that the major road leading to the Cradle of Yoruba race from the state capital,Osogbo could be so abandoned.
I support this motion and I think it should trend on Twitter. If Oluwo of Iwo could rehabilitate a federal government road that links his town (Iwo) to Osogbo such that a road that was abandoned for close to two decades coukd come alive again, Oonirisa can not do less.

So, let it trend #OONIRISAFIXSEKONAEDUNABONROAD#

1 Like

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by luminouz(m): 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

So you put culture before Jesus?

When u were born....which came first.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by FisifunKododada: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
We are Yorubas from the beginning of time. Christianity is a recent development. Our Yoruba culture and tradition supercedes Christianity, therefore the Christians who are pained should go and die.

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Chiedu4Trump: 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
luminouz:

When u were born....which came first.... undecided

Jesus has always been before time and will always be after time.

But your idols are man made inventions profitable for nothing.

So I stick with Jesus that gives life.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by luminouz(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Jesus has always been before time and will always be after time.

But your idols are man made inventions profitable for nothing.

So I stick with Jesus that gives life.
Did u pass jamb at all? I asked a simple question.... Before u knew Jesus....what came first? undecided
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Chiedu4Trump: 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
luminouz:

Did u pass jamb at all? I asked a simple question.... Before u knew Jesus....what came first? undecided

Are you literate , did I not say that Jesus has been before existence.

How can you compare what has always been to idols ?
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by luminouz(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Are you literate , did I not say that Jesus has been before existence.

How can you compare what has always been to idols ?
Seems ur not literate! whrn did u know about Jesus? In d womb? Who taught u how to speak n respect ur elders? Jesus? Or ur parents? Culture comes first bro!
BTW.....

Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by femolii: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2017
U are talking about christianity abi jealous.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by tillaman(m): 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
Naso
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by terrezo2002(m): 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
imhotep:

What is truth?
Jesus Christ is the truth.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
terrezo2002:
Jesus Christ is the truth.
^^ Why is this statement of yours true?
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by Skullano(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2017
thesicilian:
I wonder how he manages to preserve deities and serve Jesus at the same time.

Give to Caesar what is his and to God what is his..
#Judgenoman..
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by peaceonearth(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
Most of those shouting Idolatory here will pick a cheque of one million dollars over Jesus any day. grin An Idol is something your mind is fixed on and we all worship money. So let's dump the stinking hypocrisy.

On the issue, the Ooni is the Custodian of all the deities in Ife. He's carrying out one of his core mandates by ensuring the sacredeness of the deities are upheld. The Yoruba nation from inception has always been a secular nation. No one imposses his beliefs on others. That is why you have 401 deities with different families dedicated to worshipping one or the other without rivalry, bickering, intolerance, violence and unhealthy competition among one another (like we have among Abrahamic religions). So those acusing the Ooni of 'backsliding' after identifying with one of the rligions of his subjects don't understand the complexity of the Yoruba Philosophy, which the great Ooni espouses.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by CioAngels(f): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2017
AdiscoPele:

But really, do you have to comment when you don't know what it been discussed,
Was the oni's coronation done in church or through the shrine and traditional way.
The oni attending church or mosque is to show is subjects he belongs to all of them
So stop making it look like he's indebted to Christians, the Yorubas have their way of doing things before the arrival of European who brought their own religion and planted it in the mind of some gullible people.
I'm Yoruba tokan tokan, and very proud of my root.
Exactiy, you are right.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by thesicilian: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
Skullano:

Give to Caesar what is his and to God what is his.. #Judgenoman..
That was not what that Bible passage meant please.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by terrezo2002(m): 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
imhotep:

^^ Why is this statement of yours true?
Truth comes from only one source and that source is God.
Jesus Christ is the truth that is from God.
Re: Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife by CioAngels(f): 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2017
Our kings are just pretending, the christians wants embrace christianity whìch to me, it amount to hypocrisy, th oni is father to all, so he can go to church, mosque, traditional shrines when invited. My people, there is No way Christianity will take the place of Tradition.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sir Juju Debala Dies At 70 / The Moment On Inauguration Day Everyone Realized Michelle Obama Is A Man / What Is Your New Year Resolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.