Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English (3983 Views)

NAFDAC Intercepts 21 Containers Of Spoilt Frozen Fish In Lagos / Nigerian Man Who Bought A Plastic Fish In London Cries Out (Video) / A Nairalander Catches Snake Fish In Niger Delta - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by femtopyy(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nairalanders, please what is the Yoruba translation of Titus fish?
I believe its okueko but someone is seriously Arguing with me so I decided to ask the house.
Thanks
Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
Titus fish is eja alaran.
Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by Chomsky1967(f): 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
Okueko- Lagos corpse. But really its shawa

1 Like

Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by Jimi23(m): 4:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Frozen fish.
Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by emilyone(f): 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Yes oku eko is Titus fish. My father hated it like mad
Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by Faru: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
femtopyy:
Nairalanders, please what is the Yoruba translation of Titus fish?
I believe its okueko but someone is seriously Arguing with me so I decided to ask the house.
Thanks
I think it's a different variant of Titus. The real Titus is whiter and has a very pleasant taste. Honestly, if I have my way I would ban the importation of that rubbish called fish (Oku Eko). I can't stand the smell; I wonder how people are able to eat it? It has led to the separation of so many couples.
Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by RSVP: 3:25am On Jul 14, 2018
Faru:

I think it's a different variant of Titus. The real Titus is whiter and has a very pleasant taste. Honestly, if I have my way I would ban the importation of that rubbish called fish (Oku Eko). I can't stand the smell; I wonder how people are able to eat it? It has led to the separation of so many couples.

You are very right! Bought one "Titus fish" few days ago and the taste, smell was very nasty.

I still dey wonder what kinda fish is that coz d bone sef
dey hard to chew but trust me cool.. I vex chop everything cheesy cheesy

Can't afford to waste shît for dis 9ja economy.
Re: What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English by Faru: 6:08am On Jul 16, 2018
RSVP:

You are very right! Bought one "Titus fish" few days ago and the taste, smell was very nasty.

I still dey wonder what kinda fish is that coz d bone sef
dey hard to chew but trust me cool.. I vex chop everything cheesy cheesy

Can't afford to waste shît for dis 9ja economy.
The key to knowing the real Titus is the color; it is much whiter and has a bright appearance, while "Oku Eko" on the other hand is darker with a dull appearance and has a much tougher skin. If it has been processed, "Oku eko" is not oily at all and quite tough to feel. Lastly the smell would tell them apart cos "Oku eko" has this funny smell that is not pleasant at all.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Find & Buy Organic Raw Honey In Lagos, Nigeria / Know The English Names Of Naija Dishes & Snacks / How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.