Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (37346 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tbaba1234: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
There is more information on apostasy on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-572160.0.html
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lady2(f): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2011
Hello all,

This message is for Olabowale, I know he'll be here to look at this, if he doesn't can someone please get the message to him.
Tell him to call ~Lady~, I changed phones and don't have his number on my sim card. Thank you

Sorry Ify to derail the thread a bit, I just don't know how to send messages on nairaland. and congrats for the baby.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by congoshine(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2011
~Lady~:

Hello all,

This message is for Olabowale, I know he'll be here to look at this, if he doesn't can someone please get the message to him.
Tell him to call ~Lady~, I changed phones and don't have his number on my sim card. Thank you

Sorry Ify to derail the thread a bit, I just don't know how to send messages on nairaland. and congrats for the baby.
You can reach him via the State dept. He was transferred to Guantanamo last autumn.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2011
longtime lady grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2011
wow Lady how have you been? smiley

Alh should be around.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lady2(f): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2011
congoshine:

You can reach him via the State dept. He was transferred to Guantanamo last autumn.

Lol that was so wrong on so many levels.

uplawal:

longtime lady grin

hello, unfortunately I don't think I remember you. Do you go by a different name?

mukina2:

wow Lady how have you been? smiley

Alh should be around.

Hello Mukina2, I have been well, so much to do in this life.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lady2(f): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2011
@ Lagosboy.

I'm enjoying your read. I don't want to start a war here, but I this is a wrong way of representing the Trinity
in fact it defies logic and 1+1+1 can never equal 1
. I don't have a problem with you speaking on it, just don't misrepresent it, if you don't understand it then ask, please thanks.

Also you mentioned something about what christians call prayer. I am curious to know what you think Christians call prayer. Thanks.

Et al, please someone drag Olabowale here for me, thank you.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Lady,

You dnt have to remember me as you've insinuated,

I only did noticed you've(your username) been silent on nairaland

Members go by posts and not by physical contact
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2011
~Lady~:

Hello all,

Sorry Ify to derail the thread a bit, I just don't know how to send messages on nairaland. and[b] congrats for the baby.[/b]
Not a problem at all.You and indeed everyone is welcome here.
@Bolded,Thank you. kiss
Your absence is felt at the health and Family sections.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 11:41am On Mar 10, 2011
~Lady~:

@ Lagosboy.

I'm enjoying your read. I don't want to start a war here, but I this is a wrong way of representing the Trinity . I don't have a problem with you speaking on it, just don't misrepresent it, if you don't understand it then ask, please thanks.

Also you mentioned something about what christians call prayer. I am curious to know what you think Christians call prayer. Thanks.

Et al, please someone drag Olabowale here for me, thank you.

Thanks for reading the posts and once again thanks for seeking clarification. I do understand the concept of trinity in depth and I always do my best not to delve into comparative analysis here and I have avoided it on the thread as it causes more harm than good IMO.

My statement of 1 +1+1 = 3 is simply from the doctrine of god the father, god the son and god the Holy Spirit and the three gods equaling one God. The doctrine explains God could exist in these three forms but is still the one God.  I have not misrepresented it but I only gave an opinion about it. The opinion is islam position on the issue of Calling the Almighty God one in a three, which islam rejects.

I do understand that the issue is very sensitive and it is what you have known all your life but this same issue is the very foundation upon which islam is built and it is the unity of ONE GOD that never exists in three forms and none can share in his ONENESS.

Regarding the issue of prayers, I don’t recall exactly what you mean but if I remember I think I said in one of the posts that what Christians call prayer is a slightly different in islam. The act of asking God something is what we generally call supplication and the act of bowing and postrating to God in the form of our ritual worship is what we generally call prayer. We perform our prayers in Arabic but supplicate to God in whatever language we prefer.
And God indeed knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by congoshine(m): 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2011
~Lady~:

Lol that was so wrong on so many levels.
Just joking dearie. . . I hope you found it funny tho' wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lady2(f): 5:51am On Mar 11, 2011
I do understand the concept of trinity in depth and I always do my best not to delve into comparative analysis here and I have avoided it on the thread as it causes more harm than good IMO.

No problem, and you can ask away anytime.

My statement of 1 +1+1 = 3 is simply from the doctrine of god the father, god the son and god the Holy Spirit and the three gods equaling one God.

If this is your understanding of the Trinity, then you haven't even come anywhere close to understanding it. Sorry you haven't.

I do understand that the issue is very sensitive and it is what you have known all your life but this same issue is the very foundation upon which islam is built and it is the unity of ONE GOD that never exists in three forms and none can share in his ONENESS

Um no actually it's not what I've known my whole life, I converted from agnosticism, after being a protestant (not really though just went to Church cause Mum did never really paid much attention), and the trinity isn't existing in different forms.

The act of asking God something is what we generally call supplication and the act of bowing and postrating to God in the form of our ritual worship is what we generally call prayer.

Ah there is a difference, supplication is included in prayer. Prayer is petition, thanksgiving, sacrifice, and much more for us.

Cool beans.

Ok I really want to stop here, don't want to derail it, if you have any response, let me know in another thread.

Aww I feel loved bcus I was missed. I will try to stop by more, and to greet my muslim friends, I can't make promises though, life is surely full of a lot right now., lol.Arigato.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by golpen(m): 12:29am On Sep 26, 2013
And on page 31 ends my best NL thread of my stay so far... This is 2013 and what my heart wishes as I type this is that ALLAH in HIS infinite mercies holds steadfast the feet of umm umar (@ifyalways) on the path of Islam, illuminate the hearts of the unbelievers and increase the muslims all over the world in great light, knowledge and piety.

So a great journey that almost drove me to tears at a stage.

I did not meet most of these guys on NL tho, but I'm beginning to miss them.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by solomon111(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
An igbo muslim?
Weird thread.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by kheart(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
This s d best enligten n educative thread ever on Nl
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by siddiq202(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
solomon111: An igbo muslim?
Weird thread.
Sorry nothing weird about it cuz there are quite number of them (Igbo Muslims) on the surface of the earth.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by harbiola1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Whaoo... what an eye/ear openning thread, strong exhibit againt unbeliever. Al hamdul lilah i'm a 《muslim.》
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ummsulaym(f): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
*Subhanallah! My Nairaland account clocked one month of age yesterday,Alhamdulilah*LOL* but within this one month so far, this thread I rate the best thread I have visited.... There is so much about it.
*I cannot mention names to give my 'KUDOS' cuz that will be a long list so kudos to all and ofcourse, moderators did lots of good work here...There is little or no mess... More grease!
*I have learnt so much. I gave it my time and the more I read, the farther I wanna go... It's so full of lessons and I hope to find thread(s) that beat(s) this thread as my quest for knowledge, @least on NL continues...
May the love of God never depart from our hearts... Assalamu aleikum
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by babylolaroy(f): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
brother lagosboy did a clean, clear good job. alhamdulilah for yu. this thread is d most educative av found on NL too...first about baiti mamur, i neva heard dat b4 and i was so happy to learn that and many more
now i caught something interesting. was it ifyalways i heard someone calling ummuumar?...has she converted?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by golpen(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
babylolaroy: brother lagosboy did a clean, clear good job. alhamdulilah for yu. this thread is d most educative av found on NL too...first about baiti mamur, i neva heard dat b4 and i was so happy to learn that and many more
now i caught something interesting. was it ifyalways i heard someone calling ummuumar?...has she converted?

According to the thread, I think she did convert. Maybe you've not finished going through. May ALLAH bless her and the household.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by babylolaroy(f): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2013
oh yea yea...i skipped the last two.pages b4 ds..she born pikin sef..umar and shez converted. whao!!!..
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by golpen(m): 7:22am On Oct 24, 2013
babylolaroy: oh yea yea...i skipped the last two.pages b4 ds..she born pikin sef..umar and shez converted. whao!!!..
grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Gooci(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
alhamdulilah for her........ i read every page of this thread, twas very educative........ nd it has increased my knowledge too....... may Almighty Allah reward everyone on this thread(Amin)
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Gooci(m): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
i came accross this thread wen confused about a muslim working in a bank( case of interest) cuz i ws suppossed to go for an interview there.. i did enuff findings dat gav me d answer i wanted.... alhamdulilah i skipped the interview cuz i was so afraid to wat Allah said about it in the Quran......... m sure he will get me a beta one... this thread has answered a whloe lots of questions on my mind

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ummsulaym(f): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Gooci: i came accross this thread wen confused about a muslim working in a bank( case of interest) cuz i ws suppossed to go for an interview there.. i did enuff findings dat gav me d answer i wanted.... alhamdulilah i skipped the interview cuz i was so afraid to wat Allah said about it in the Quran......... m sure he will get me a beta one... this thread has answered a whloe lots of questions on my mind

happy for you brother... May your Wishes come true In Shaa Allah
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Gooci(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2013
ummsulaym:

happy for you brother... May your Wishes come true In Shaa Allah
amin ooooo...

nd pls, i would also like to know wat islam sya about haircut..... i read dat is not good for one side to be higher than the other..
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by babylolaroy(f): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Praise be to Allaah.
The one who cuts his hair should make
it all the same length. The one who
cuts his hair on the sides of his head
more than the middle comes under the
heading of qaza’, which is forbidden.
Al-Bukhaari (5921) and Muslim (2120)
narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the
Messenger of Allaah (blessings and
peace of Allaah be upon him) forbade
qaza’. Naafi’ (one of the narrators of
the hadeeth) said, explaining qaza’:
Shaving part of a boy’s head and
leaving part.
Al-Nasaa’i (5048) and Abu Dawood
(4195) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that
the Prophet (blessings and peace of
Allaah be upon him) saw a boy part of
whose head had been shaved and part
of it left. He told them not to do that
and said: “Shave all of it or leave all of
it.” Al-Albaani classed it as saheeh in
Saheeh al-Nasaa’i .
That includes cutting some of the hair
short and leaving some.
It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-
Daa’imah (5/175):
What is the ruling on leaving some of
the hair longer than the rest?
Answer: Abu Dawood narrated from
‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be
pleased with him) that the Messenger
of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah
be upon him) forbade qaza’ and said:
“Shave all of it or leave all of it.”
it says in Sharh al-Iqnaa’ : Qaza’
includes shaving some places on the
sides of the head, or shaving the
middle and leaving the sides, as most
of the Christians do, or shaving the
sides and leaving the middle, as many
of the foolish do, or shaving the front
and leaving the back. Ahmad was asked
about shaving the back of the head
and he said: This is the action of the
Magians, and whoever imitates a
people is one of them. Thus it is
known that it is not permissible to
leave some parts of the hair longer
than others.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Gooci(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
babylolaroy: Praise be to Allaah.
The one who cuts his hair should make
it all the same length. The one who
cuts his hair on the sides of his head
more than the middle comes under the
heading of qaza’, which is forbidden.
Al-Bukhaari (5921) and Muslim (2120)
narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the
Messenger of Allaah (blessings and
peace of Allaah be upon him) forbade
qaza’. Naafi’ (one of the narrators of
the hadeeth) said, explaining qaza’:
Shaving part of a boy’s head and
leaving part.
Al-Nasaa’i (5048) and Abu Dawood
(4195) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that
the Prophet (blessings and peace of
Allaah be upon him) saw a boy part of
whose head had been shaved and part
of it left. He told them not to do that
and said: “Shave all of it or leave all of
it.” Al-Albaani classed it as saheeh in
Saheeh al-Nasaa’i .
That includes cutting some of the hair
short and leaving some.
It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-
Daa’imah (5/175):
What is the ruling on leaving some of
the hair longer than the rest?
Answer: Abu Dawood narrated from
‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be
pleased with him) that the Messenger
of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah
be upon him) forbade qaza’ and said:
“Shave all of it or leave all of it.”
it says in Sharh al-Iqnaa’ : Qaza’
includes shaving some places on the
sides of the head, or shaving the
middle and leaving the sides, as most
of the Christians do, or shaving the
sides and leaving the middle, as many
of the foolish do, or shaving the front
and leaving the back. Ahmad was asked
about shaving the back of the head
and he said: This is the action of the
Magians, and whoever imitates a
people is one of them. Thus it is
known that it is not permissible to
leave some parts of the hair longer
than others.

thanks so much
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Gooci(m): 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
what about the issue of trouser?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by babylolaroy(f): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
what about trouser?..if what you mean is length, den the obvious ansa is to make it somewhere above your ankle...thats the best for you and your deen
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by folamee: 10:30am On Oct 06, 2014
hmm page 31, i read it at a go because i just coudnt leave d tread, am so blessed to be a muslim, am so blessed i came across dis tread, it is d most inspiring, educative and interesting tread av come across on nl, it makes me appreciate islam more and i know with dis piece nothing can make my mind shake or have any doubt from d path of ALLAH . (islam) .infact am so happy right now because dis tread is like a honey to my soul and i really thank ALLAH for that. bfore i go i must appreciate d efforts of lagos boy and other mumin for their concise and intellectual responses to questions and also to d moderators for there patience "because somepple can be so mischievous" , may the almighty ALLAH increase u in knowledge and wisdom, may he grant u ur heart desires here in dis world and in d hereafter and may he forgive u of ur shortcomings Amin. jazaka llahu khairan.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? / Imagining Intercourse Between Spouses / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.