Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen (23102 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by blog4all(m): 2:31am On Jan 27, 2017
One of the lawyers that appeared before the Commission of Inquiry set up by the Akwa Ibom State Government to probe the collapse of the Reigners Bible Church building on December 10, 2016 in Uyo, the state capital has been shot.

The lawyer, Obong Ini Ekpo, defended the Reigners Bible Church and the General Overseer of the Church, Akan Weeks, at the commission of inquiry.

The attack on Ekpo who was a lead lawyer to Weeks came barely a week after members of the panel concluded receiving evidence on the collapse building from witnesses.

THISDAY gather that Ekpo was shot in his house at about 2.30 am yesterday after the assassins succeeded to gain entry into his building in Uyo, the state capital.

Ekpo was shot by the yet to be identified gunmen on his two legs.
Family sources said the lawyer was accused by the gunmen of wrongful or negatively representing his clients at the probe panel with intention to discharge him blame.

Ekpo was one of the vocal lawyers at the commission of Inquiry is present being admitted at an undisclosed clinic in the state capital over the gun shot injuries.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Cordelia Nwawe, confirmed the report, saying investigation into the case was ongoing.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/01/27/uyo-church-collapse-gunmen-shoot-lead-lawyer-to-general-overseer/

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Bishops10(m): 2:42am On Jan 27, 2017
5Th Feb on my mind

FTC cool

4 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by dokyOloye: 3:11am On Jan 27, 2017
Devil is on overtime on this man's case.
Pray pastor,pray.

10 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Sibrah: 3:17am On Jan 27, 2017
Bloggers or real life story . . .

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by crestedaguiyi: 3:21am On Jan 27, 2017
Make I no talk
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by ayemerbarth: 3:28am On Jan 27, 2017
Op pls, who was shot? The GO or his counsel? Cos your headline grossly contradicts the passage.

19 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Sparkle777(f): 3:29am On Jan 27, 2017
This news is unbelievable. If true, then its time for a soul search.
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by odiereke(m): 4:45am On Jan 27, 2017
Na wah ooooo. Nigeria we hailed thee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by joe4real12: 5:09am On Jan 27, 2017
Misleading headline, misleading news.

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by whirlwind7(m): 6:11am On Jan 27, 2017
blog4all:
Unknown gunmen numbering about 15 yesterday shot an Uyo-based lawyer, Barr. Ini Ekpo in his residence on Assemblies of God Drive.

They shot his two legs after scaling through the face of the house at about 2.30 am

Barr. Ini is the Counsel to Apostle Akan Weeks, the General Overseer of Reigners Bible Church, which collapsed on 10th December, last year, killing scores of worshippers.

Did you type this shyt with your ass?
Or you just have a problem with articulating your thought?
The shot lawyer is now the G.O?

2 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by fowosh: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2017
dis man don offend pple wey senior am
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Joagbaje(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2017
THE TOPIC IS MISLEADING
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by LordBaelish: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2017
what is this bs
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by jeeqaa7(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Hades2016(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2017
Am not understanding undecided
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2017
so how do we know the shooting is related to the church?

2 Likes

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by LadyE12: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2017
I dont get it. How 're they related?
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by magicminister: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2017
if anyone should be shot, its the pastor and building engineers.
The lawyer is only tryna do a job!

1 Like

Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Mikkyjay16: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2017
angry
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by johnstar(m): 9:11am On Jan 27, 2017
No comment
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Ihateafonja: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by SweetJoystick(m): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2017
Misleading title, lawyer shot, not general overseer
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by pelumi10: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2017
So the man is not working for another client, Must you link something to another thing just to be heard?

Check out my Short Story titled "Pay Back"
He pulled her up gently, she looked at him and gave a faint smile "I never knew you will bring me pain one day, I have never thought that you will be the reason for my death" she said as she gave up the ghost....

Read Full Story Here
https://www.nairaland.com/3592700/pay-back-short-story
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by mizzyboi14: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2017
embarassed
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2017
Something is terribly wrong. Something the pastor won't make public.
Its strictly between him and God.
I am outta here wink
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2017
He should do some thanksgiving
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by authenticman(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2017
Incomplete details and contradictory headline
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by adioolayi(m): 9:19am On Jan 27, 2017
So, church collapse done turn Politics....Nigeria!!!
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by rxmusa(m): 9:19am On Jan 27, 2017
What a tragedy
Re: Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen by wiloy2k8(m): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2017
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5 / Johnson Odesola: Social Media Bill Laughable / A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.