Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,640 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? (6063 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Names The 4 Writers That Changed Her Destiny / Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) / The Best Stories On Nairaland Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by ElectGINeer(m): 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chumzypinky:

hehehehehe, i laff. E jst dey pain u 4 ur body say i dey write dey get more fans. Guy, use my ass as cupcake if u're hungry, dude!
All those fans ask them na to just to kill boredom the reason dem dey read your story. Just ask them to support you for even chikini award, you will see that you are writing poo. But a good writer have no hiding place it will surely shine. We are tired of recycled poo.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 9:10am On Jan 29, 2017
ElectGINeer:

All those fans ask them na to just to kill boredom the reason dem dey read your story. Just ask them to support you for even chikini award, you will see that you are writing poo. But a good writer have no hiding place it will surely shine. We are tired of recycled poo.
eyaa, i'm so sori 4 poo u've been eating since, i neva knew u were a dog...
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

ok den, lets say i'm nt a reasonable person, happy nw?
U knw sumtin abt dis forum, u guys dnt knw hw 2 talk.
There's a difference btw "madam, pls learn to write ur words in full as dey are hard 2 read wen abbreviated"
and
"write ur words in full as as its an eyesore" d later is an insult. If u had said it d way i said d 1st 1, den i wnt insult u. I would take correctn and stop it. Bt since u said it in an insultive manner, what do u xpect?
Finally, we have agreed on something.
Since you can't seem to understand that abbreivating everything you write in this mordern age of smart phones and laptops is the mark of the educated illterate, I would very kindly discontinue myself from conversing with you.

Happy Sunday undecided smiley
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by ElectGINeer(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

eyaa, i'm so sori 4 poo u've been eating since, i neva knew u were a dog...
I think you no get work? you better go do some brilliant research so that you will be able to put down a little sense.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by souloho19(m): 10:38am On Jan 29, 2017
Azeequeen:
Who is replying this one?

But sincerely,if you haven't seen an interesting story here on NL,I don't think you can see anything good again

Preach!!!!!
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2017
ElectGINeer:
No offense, he was actually saying the truth. Most of the story here lack taste and contents, just the same genre and half baked thought.
But some notable author and their work
Kayemjay
Larrysun
Frank317
D9ty
Simonhabby
Nitefurry
Oyinprince
The rest na to just put down the stupidity they call story or something.

Exactly... Cliche romance seems to be the norm.

Little xterization, little subplot. Remenzes flash fiction carries more weight that most 25 page epistles here.

i think there should be room for critiques...

Bibijay x good. Maybe because shez got francophone traits.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
ElectGINeer:

I think you no get work? you better go do some brilliant research so that you will be able to put down a little sense.
if only u've posted evn if its a little piece of literature here on NL, den i wuld take u serious, bt u c, u're notin bt an empty vessel and u knw wat dey do. No one evn knws u here, if its sum1 lyk Divepen1, Larrysun or oda good and popular writers telin me wat u're telin me, jst maybe, just maybe i wuld listen. Nt a nobody lyk u

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

Finally, we have agreed on something.
Since you can't seem to understand that abbreivating everything you write in this mordern age of smart phones and laptops is the mark of the educated illterate, I would very kindly discontinue myself from conversing with you.

Happy Sunday undecided smiley
and since u dnt wanna learn hw 2 talk to pple and ADVICE dem as u claim, den u'd be beta off shutting ur mouth and not readin abbreviatd posts, ok? And i wish u d same?
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by jide219(m): 12:29pm On Jan 29, 2017
I think u should read tarasha
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by ElectGINeer(m): 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

if only u've posted evn if its a little piece of literature here on NL, den i wuld take u serious, bt u c, u're notin bt an empty vessel and u knw wat dey do. No one evn knws u here, if its sum1 lyk Divepen1, Larrysun or oda good and popular writers telin me wat u're telin me, jst maybe, just maybe i wuld listen. Nt a nobody lyk u
I don tire o, let's stop this. But on your next piece make sure it is brilliantly done. You could mention me, I will help you with reading it.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by sosa993: 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
I think as a writer, you must always take into consideration the society we are in before writing a story. like for example writing a crime story will mean you'll have to write about the crime been solved. now let's ask ourselves, how many real life crimes gets solved by our police. writing a paranormal story wouldn't fit in into our society either or a fantasy novel.

well I've only published two stories, both romance. my third will be a mystery genre. I only started with romance to learn the art of writing.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by TeleboiZ005(m): 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Politicalthug na trouble u find so grin grin grin

But madam chumzypinky...take am easy o....i knw say oga politicalthug don trouble u for ur thread.......jos ignore

oga politi e no easy to write letter talk less of story...

On a very serious note...

Sir Politicathug what is wrong with u...all the stories yhu have come across isnt intresting? and u will teach someone how to write ....like seriously how many of ur stories have i seen here on NL ..if u claim u are a writer,y dont u post ur stories and lets see the taste than going around in pple's thread causing trouble...

its simple...if u dont like a story.. ignore it totally ok??..

i've read enuf here and i can say 95% are okay....... Oga sirwere i don modify...oya modify joorgrin grin grin...no insult intended.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
kazuna:

Exactly... Cliche romance seems to be the norm.

Little xterization, little subplot. Remenzes flash fiction carries more weight that most 25 page epistles here.
i think there should be room for critiques...

Bibijay x good. Maybe because shez got francophone traits.
grin grin
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
sosa993:
I think as a writer, you must always take into consideration the society we are in before writing a story. like for example writing a crime story will mean you'll have to write about the crime been solved. now let's ask ourselves, how many real life crimes gets solved by our police. writing a paranormal story wouldn't fit in into our society either or a fantasy novel.

well I've only published two stories, both romance. my third will be a mystery genre. I only started with romance to learn the art of writing.
Actually I disagree with your opinion.
The mark of many exceptional writers is the ability to immerse the reader into their imagination; to throw the reader into the world they have created, whether it be realistic or not.

Your story need not be realistic, it might not potray the world as it is. But a writer can imagine a bit of his fantasy world and pen it down with such elegant craftsmanship that the reader is so enthralled he has no business remembering it is not real.

Stephen King writes about paranomal events that didn't happen but while reading it, you feel compelled to believe it is real.

That is literature...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Politicalthug na trouble u find so grin grin grin

But madam chumzypinky...take am easy o....i knw say oga politicalthug don trouble u for ur thread.......jos ignore

oga politi e no easy to write letter talk less of story...

On a very serious note...

Sir Politicathug what is wrong with u...all the stories yhu have come across isnt intresting? and u will teach someone how to write na thunder go faya dat ur hand wey u take write that poo....like seriously how many of ur stories have i seen here on NL ..if u claim u are a writer,y dont u post ur stories and lets see the taste than going around in pple's thread causing trouble...

its simple...if u dont like a story.. ignore it totally ok??..

i've read enuf here and i can say 95% are okay.......
One need not be a carpenter to judge whether a table is not a table. One need not be a cook whether the food tastes good or not.
He was stating his observation. The tantrums on this thread and your insults are uncalled for, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by TobeyTobee: 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
angry.....u've nt seen good stories here .....u've nt seen good stories here.....e be like say u no get eyes o....try to read d works of bibijay123....skarlett....Oyinprince...Ironkurtain....d9ty7.....rapmike....does guys have written good stories here....I'm actually tired of reading love n relationship stories.....dat's why I go for writers that writes crime/detective/action stories....nevertheless I cnt blame or abuse anybody coz of thier stories...to write story no be beans plus no one is paying dem...I tried to write one but I quit jejely...e no easy at all....so u dnt really have any right to complain.....

Op pls write ur own story make we see....

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

One need not be a carpenter to judge whether a table is not a table. One need not be a cook whether the food tastes good or not.
He was stating his observation. The tantrums on this thread and your insults are uncalled for, in my opinion.
sweetheart, i still repeat. The way you talk to people matters alot. If only you will just try not to be partial and understand whats going on. You dont find the stories here interesting? Why not walk away or if you must talk, say it in a way people would understand and take corrections?

He cant just come out and say USELESS STORY, LAZY WRITERS.

The reason u're not pained by what he said is because you're not a writer. Do u know what this same dude posted on Buttersss' thread simply because she didnt post on time?

IS D STORY FINISHED? WATS KEEPING D USELESS STORY?

I swear to u Sirwere, if only u were the writer of that thread, u would have been mad.

U dnt find d stories interesting? And you want us to improve right? Then go dis way:

I really dont find most stories in this thread very interesting and motivating to read. Its just the same thing being recycled over and over again. There are many stories to tell, it mustnt be romance. Not everyone should write a romance story, write crimes and thrillers. Make ur stories sharp, interesting and wonderful. This is just what i think. That doesnt mean the writers arent trying their best, they are, they just need improvement. This is my own criticism

Whatever stops him from saying something lyk dis? Who would insult him for saying something like that? Instead of coming out saying d stories are all useless and he expects us to applaud him? Put urself in our shoes!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
ElectGINeer:

I don tire o, let's stop this. But on your next piece make sure it is brilliantly done. You could mention me, I will help you with reading it.
sori, i wnt mention u. And yes its goin 2 b brilliantly done just like Red Ashes. Infact, do nt wori, i'll mention u. So u'll learn, alrite?
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

sweetheart, i still repeat. The way you talk to people matters alot. If only you will just try not to be partial and understand whats going on. You dont find the stories here interesting? Why not walk away or if you must talk, say it in a way people would understand and take corrections?

Lol. Are you yoruba You seem to be big on this respect thingie.
Look, not everyone gives positive criticisms. Some critics are word fiends; daredevil writers themselves only they specialize in deconstructing stories and baring them mercilessly to the light of their own literary illumination. If you expect everyone to politely criticize, you're on a loong thing sister grin.
Just take a trip to goodreads and see how they bash books with joyful glee there.

The reason u're not pained by what he said is because you're not a writer. Do u know what this same dude posted on Buttersss' thread simply because she didnt post on time?

I swear to u Sirwere, if only u were the writer of that thread, u would have been mad.
I didn't know there was a backlog between you two. Mebbe he's tactlessly goading her to complete it. I would have gladly done that for a story i really liked.

U dnt find d stories interesting? And you want us to improve right? Then go dis way:
I really dont find most stories in this thread very interesting and motivating to read. Its just the same thing being recycled over and over again. There are many stories to tell, it mustnt be romance. Not everyone should write a romance story, write crimes and thrillers. Make ur stories sharp, interesting and wonderful. This is just what i think. That doesnt mean the writers arent trying their best, they are, they just need improvement. This is my own criticism

Whatever stops him from saying something lyk dis? Who would insult him for saying something like that? Instead of coming out saying d stories are all useless and he expects us to applaud him? Put urself in our shoes!
Are you sure you read what he wrote?? This is what he said
Ever since i began gracing this section, all the so called stories i have read so far were stale and unteresting.. When are the writers gonna come up with good stories that will suit my taste? U guys need to up your games..plz. Better still, i can teach you guys how to write good stories if you wish to learn, thanks

His post was not really as offensive as you claimed it was. It could have been slightly offensive but it was not really all out negative criticism like you paint it.

You seem to be a very passionate person, so I can see why you feel so offended.
Relax okay, dear smiley smiley.
A writer should expect and accept criticism.
Rare is that literary piece without some sly critic attacking it...
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by cyndylove64(f): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
After reading all comments posted here.i want to say political thug,sirwere,mummy pinky and the rest.i would say that criticizm comes in all forms.but it doesn't mean u should go to writer's thread to derail or insult dem.there are many ways to correct a writer.political thug u owe but buttersss and chumzypinky an apology.i have been in both thread and notice your manner of approach.it was v.bad.all writers in this life and world started from somewhere.u need to learn to respect writers.most of the writers on nairaland have life outside.we are not paying them to write.they write cos most see it as an hobby or passion.and i must say if chumzypinky had decided to sell her book on okadabooks or some other site putting half a story.u would have called her stingy writer among other names.learn to appreciate writers whether d story is romances,crimes,sexuality or fantasy.to all writers on nairaland don't take criticizm to the heart see it as an advice to boost ur morale.#one love#peace# and please political thug calling some one useless or lazy writer is bad.try to work on ur manner of approach.even if u are a writer or poet.LEARN TO BE APPRECIATIVE

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by ElectGINeer(m): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

sori, i wnt mention u. And yes its goin 2 b brilliantly done just like Red Ashes. Infact, do nt wori, i'll mention u. So u'll learn, alrite?
When are you dropping it? I'm not a fan of waiting long, Just keep to your promise of making it exceptional .
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by ElectGINeer(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

Look, not everyone gives positive criticisms. Some critics are word fiends; daredevil writers themselves only they specialize in deconstructing stories and baring them mercilessly to the light of their own literary illumination. If you expect everyone to politely criticize, you're on a loong thing sister grin.
Just take a trip to goodreads and see how they bash books with joyful glee there.

I didn't know there was a backlog between you two. Mebbe he's tactlessly goading her to complete it. I would have gladly done that for a story i really liked.

His post was not really as offensive as you claimed it was. It could have been slightly offensive but it was not really all out negative criticism like you paint it.

Help me tell them o.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
ElectGINeer:

When are you dropping it? I'm not a fan of waiting long, Just keep to your promise of making it exceptional .
and i'm also hoping u'd write 1 dats going 2 take d hearts of evri nairalander away
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
jide219:
I think u should read tarasha
notice the "lazy writer" in my topic.. I am already fed up reading it... The mumu writer update once in a week.. Who does that? Most writers on nairaland are just too lazy for my liking
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

maybe u're right. I agree i'm a passionate and emotional person. Weda critic or no critic, i still maintain dat Politicalthug had no right to kal a person's hardwork and imaginated useless.
Lol, i'm nt yoruba oo., bt u grew up der
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
notice the "lazy writer" in my topic.. I am already fade up reading it... The mumu writer update once in a week.. Who does that? Most writers on nairaland are just too lazy for my liking
Just look at a superb, fantasic writer spelling fed as fade. Hmm, William Shakespare
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
cyndylove64:
After reading all comments posted here.i want to say political thug,sirwere,mummy pinky and the rest.i would say that criticizm comes in all forms.but it doesn't mean u should go to writer's thread to derail or insult dem.there are many ways to correct a writer.political thug u owe but buttersss and chumzypinky an apology.i have been in both thread and notice your manner of approach.it was v.bad.all writers in this life and world started from somewhere.u need to learn to respect writers.most of the writers on nairaland have life outside.we are not paying them to write.they write cos most see it as an hobby or passion.and i must say if chumzypinky had decided to sell her book on okadabooks or some other site putting half a story.u would have called her stingy writer among other names.learn to appreciate writers whether d story is romances,crimes,sexuality or fantasy.to all writers on nairaland don't take criticizm to the heart see it as an advice to boost ur morale.#one love#peace# and please political thug calling some one useless or lazy writer is bad.try to work on ur manner of approach.even if u are a writer or poet.LEARN TO BE APPRECIATIVE
xactly my point! Dat u're trying to criticise doesnt mean u shuld call someone else's work useless!
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

i dnt sugarcoat when i wanna hit someone with the truth.. I dnt mince word at all.. I say it the way it should be.. Straight and direct

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by Chumzypinky(f): 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
i dnt sugarcoat when i wanna hit someone with the truth.. I dnt mince word at all.. I say it the way it should be.. Straight and direct
in dat case, i shuldnt sugarcoat when i'm saying YOU ARE A JOBLESS TART
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Just look at a superb, fantasic writer spelling fed as fade. Hmm, William Shakespare
where did you see "fade" in what i posted? Is that how you guys change words just to find faults? I am above mistakes if you must know..
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

in dat case, i shuldnt sugarcoat when i'm saying YOU ARE A JOBLESS TART
i doubt your upbringing with the way you go about insulting your elders here and there.
Re: Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? by ElectGINeer(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chumzypinky:

and i'm also hoping u'd write 1 dats going 2 take d hearts of evri nairalander away
Oh, I would've like that but I don't have much time. But I could send you a little so you would know I know a little writing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moon Man / How He Killed His Best Friend Over a Girl / STORY: Keeping Up With The Adventures Of Slutty Ngozi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.