Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,085 members, 7,807,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. (100705 Views)

UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos)) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / 10 Unexplained Photographs And The Stories Behind Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by monalicious(f): 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

Think twice before u start crying...

Don't believe anything everything u see or hear from the Internet..

Who captured the picture?
And allowed d man got away with the corn.. (the food there looks like corn)

And why would a sane person share this as a food to almost half dead human? Where does the good samaritan thinks this being would get stove or gas to cook this meal?

Think of these things now.. And tell me..

And if it's true(which I know it's not, the kid might be probably begging the man for food) why did the photographer or who ever took that pics not fight for the child? Cos from the pics here.. It's clearly known that a matured photographer might have been d one that took that shot.

I stand to be corrected!!
Most times these war reporters are stopped from interfering, like what happened with carter and th vulture picture. That's why most times dey end up being depressed and suicidal or PTSD

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by monalicious(f): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
lanicky:

Back then... Many people braced their selves to an unhappy fate that arrived from no where...
So on point
We pray never to find ourselves in such situations
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by CHARLOE(m): 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
monalicious:

Most times these war reporters are stopped from interfering, like what happened with carter and th vulture picture. That's why most times dey end up being depressed and suicidal or PTSD
Very touching, photography cld be challenging!

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
monalicious:

Yeah.. Sometimes... Not always..

There some pictures better left alone in your domain.. Or as a reminder... But posting it online/Internet is the worse of all... Cos that's where u get different opinions about one simple shot.

Internet is the best weapon in this 21st century.. And it's also deadly....if u know what I mean..

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Explorers(m): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

And if it's true(which I know it's not, the kid might be probably begging the man for food) why did the photographer or who ever took that pics not fight for the child?

What will you say to thus photographer?

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by HaneefahRN(f): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:

I think I once read the photographer that took that pix later committed suicide.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by edudguy(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
tk4rd:
913 people willingly killed themselves by themselves on their own.??
Just by hearing the words of preaching.??
The pastor must be gifted with some good detergents and soap inside his tongue, for him to have washed these people's brains so clean.
There is power in persuasion; power in convincing people

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by aieromon(m): 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
CHARLOE:

Just wondering how d senator that went there to Investigate died, did he drink d poisonous juice?

He was actually a congressman,Leo Ryan. He was shot by Jim Jones Brigade as he was trying to leave the island with other worshippers who wanted to denounce the Jim Jones followership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Ryan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Snow5(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:

The greatest mistake he made was posting this pics on the Internet..
Now he committed suicide... Cos of his hunted conscience

He couldn't do a thing to save the Child.. So why posting it online when u deff knows that u will be bullied emotionally, mentally and otherwise..

He committed suicide right? So what's the point?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by gbadexy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
Starving Sudanese child is stalked, and eyed hungrily, by a starving vulture.

This contrast of a plump vulture and a starving, emaciated Sudanese girl is striking, alarming and won the photographer, Kevin Carter, a Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

The girl was on her way to a feeding center, when she collapsed.

When asked about the fate of the girl, Kevin Carter said that she resumed her trek to the center, while he chased away the vulture.

However, he added, that it is unlikely she survived.
I heard the photographer later committed suicide due to depression over that incidence.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by edudguy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
The image below shows 13 year old Omayra Sanchez before she died, after being pinned down by house debris after a volcano eruption.

Known as the Armero Tragedy after a volcanic eruption in Colombia on Novermber 13, 1985, nearly 25,000 people lost their lives.

This image shows Omayra Sanchez who was trapped under debris for 55 hours before succumbing to her injuries.

Her courage and dignity during this time has touched the hearts of millions and her legacy lives on.
She was also hallucinating for days before she passed away people tried to pull her away but it was found out that if she was pulled out her body will be divided into two... the first time I saw this image it gave me the creeps..I saw it in a website.....forgotten the website...

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Viking007(m): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
This thread is just sad & depressing. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by miqos02(m): 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
k
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Chydoohh: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
Can this be treu?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
Stupedinluv ...I can't see this alone. There's joy in sharing. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by gbadexy(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
If one were to think to deeply, life would seem senseless and meaningless.
It could be a struggle sometimes trying to understand or make sense of it.
Life could be so unfair.
These pictures are so depressing but I'm certain much worse has happened that weren't captured.
May the creator be merciful.

10 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Bahddo(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Damn! I shouldn't have opened this thread sad

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
fourfunmi:
That Jones town ish gave me the creeps during my pry sch days. Religious brain-washing at its peak. They guy just mixed cyanide into water and juice for the young ones and made them drink it. They drank and jejely went to lie down and sleep. They guy knew the authorities were locking down on him. Jeeez! That's why I worry abt that grass-feeding, petrol-drinking pastor down south of this continent.

I think that's where the term "Don't drink the Kool aid " came from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Ajewealth123(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
Hisashi Ouchi received a fatal radiation dose with a mortality rate considered to be 100%.

Despite desiring to die, he was kept alive in horrendous pain for 83 days against his will.

Hisashi Ouchi was one of the three workers who was preparing a small batch of fuel by adding aqueous uranyl nitrate solution to the precipitation tank.

The accident occurred when they added a seventh bucket of the solution and the tank reached criticality.

A self-sustaining nuclear fission reaction started and emitted gamma and neutron radiation.

Ouchi, who was the nearest one, received 17 sieverts (Sv) of radiation while the permissible annual dose of radiation is considered to be 50 mSv and the fatal dose as 8 Sv.

He suffered serious burns, severe internal organ damage, and had a near-zero white blood cell count.

The doctors who treated them were under pressure as it was considered a matter of national dignity, and so he was kept alive despite his wishes for 83 days before his heart finally failed.
maybe that's where the word OUCH came from.
But humans are wicked o,83 days in this severe condition?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ossaichika(m): 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
Edwinmason:
explorers can i ask u a simple question?
[color=#770077][/color]

ask,
cost I wanna ask him self
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by CHARLOE(m): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
aieromon:

He was actually a congressman,Leo Ryan. He was shot by Jim Jones Brigade as he was trying to leave the island with other worshippers who wanted to denounce the Jim Jones followership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Ryan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Wow, he shld have gone wit police men
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Ajewealth123(m): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
The aftermath of a car accident in 1945.

The result of traveling at a high rate of speed without wearing a seat belt.
sincerely I am not understanding
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
Idydarling:
I know this one, we actually did a study on it in my 200l, the woman in question refused to marry the choice of her mum and bro which led to the lock up, she was given food once a day by the maid, its reported that when the maid could bear it no longer, after several years, she reported to the authorities who broke in and found her a shadow of her former splendid self...

Yeah. I saw the story on the History Channel.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by fourfunmi: 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
No he didn't, he went on a fact-finding mission, a number of ppl asked to be taken along back to the states, they tried to facilitate their paper sos as to travel, a guy posed as a defectee, followed them to the plan tarmac, booomm!! Massacre....he was joined by others and they shot the Senator guy(Ryan something),some members of the delegate(press inclusive) and some of the defectees who wanted to leave.
The boss had to make them all drink the poison before the authorities got to him. The picture gives me the creeps everytime I remember. Gosh!
Sorry for my long epistle.
CHARLOE:

Just wondering how d senator that went there to Investigate died, did he drink d poisonous juice?

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

I don't go about posting my good deeds on the Internet..

Every single day I walk passed any begger.. I give the highest currency in my wallet... I ain't saying it to show case my giving attitude... But its cos u asked

And I wont buy biscuit for 100 starved kids just to put it on the Internet to record a large number.. I would rather buy a nice meal(a plate of rice or something much more healthier) for TEN starving kids to get them satisfied and keep the hope alive..

U Done eat pop corn before as breakfast? Anything worth doing is worth doing well...

And for the records... The last festive period u know what I did? I gave out the best meal to the starved and orphans in my neighborhood... And gave almost all #500 naira each...

I dint tell my friends about it.. I did it for goodness sake.... And am telling you cos you asked!!

Thanks for your time.
O boy see philanthropist o! cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
fourfunmi:
That Jones town ish gave me the creeps during my pry sch days. Religious brain-washing at its peak. They guy just mixed cyanide into water and juice for the young ones and made them drink it. They drank and jejely went to lie down and sleep. They guy knew the authorities were locking down on him. Jeeez! That's why I worry abt that grass-feeding, petrol-drinking pastor down south of this continent.

What was his religion and which denomination did Jones belong to
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by fourfunmi: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Exactlyyyyyyy!!!!
pcguru1:

I think that's where the term "Don't drink the Kool aid " came from
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
SPDAZZY:

So he couldn't help her to the feeding center. Na award and vulture im dey find. Smh
He wanted to bit was forced to leave. The man later committed suicide as a result of the experience
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by favourmic(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Life no one understand it
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Decryptor(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
Mummified body of German adventurer who vanished was found inside his drifting yacht.

The mummified body of Manfred Fritz Bajorat was discovered in his yacht, most of which was underwater, by two fishermen.

He had spent around 20 years cruising the world before meeting his end.

The exact cause of his death is not known though the doctors believe that he could have died of natural causes.

He was found lying near the radio as if trying to call someone over the radio.

Instead of being decomposed, his body was preserved probably by the dry ocean winds, cold temperatures, and salty air.
Explorers:
Mummified body of German adventurer who vanished was found inside his drifting yacht.

The mummified body of Manfred Fritz Bajorat was discovered in his yacht, most of which was underwater, by two fishermen.

The exact cause of his death is not known though the doctors believe that he could have died of natural causes.

Instead of being decomposed, his body was preserved probably by the dry ocean winds, cold temperatures, and salty air.
Explorers:

Instead of being decomposed, his body was preserved probably by the dry ocean winds, hot cold temperatures, and salty air.

@bolded, that should be cold because decomposition rarely occurs in lower temperatures

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:

The greatest mistake he made was posting this pics on the Internet..
Now he committed suicide... Cos of his hunted conscience

He couldn't do a thing to save the Child.. So why posting it online when u deff knows that u will be bullied emotionally, mentally and otherwise..

He committed suicide right? So what's the point?
He posted it with the belief that it would generate a more strict response from world leaders but it didnt he got a prize instead. I
Thay was why he was disraught

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Unilorin Admission List / JSS Student Wants Sex From Female Corper Teacher In Enugu In Her Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.