Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa (19446 Views)

'Living In Bondage' Sequel, The Ramsey Nouah Connection. Fans Excited! / Lauretta Onochie Speaks On Big Brother Naija And The Adult Content / Soma & Marvis Kissing In Bed On Big Brother Naija (Photos/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by HomeOfMe(f): 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
Those condenming the show can block the channel,it's not meant for everybody,hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by musicwriter(m): 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
I explained all that to someone on another thread. Blame the Nigerian government, not South Africa.
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Leovido(m): 12:24am On Jan 29, 2017
Sometimes, we talk as if we're not part of Nigeria's problems.

Everybody is quite guilty of what Nigeria is today

Both the government officials that embezzle our money and take it abroad, those that used all our dollars to campaign causing dollar scarcity, and regular Nigerian who dodges a commodity they admired from afar only to change their mind cuz they saw Made In Nigeria
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by mikehenrymp2(m): 12:58am On Jan 29, 2017
There is no steady power supply in South Africa though theirs is better than Nigeria...the main reason they prefare SA was because of the well built BB house
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by HENRY940: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2017
Forgot to mention daily settling of area boys ( in the presence of police)
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 29, 2017
mikehenrymp2:
There is no steady power supply in South Africa though theirs is better than Nigeria...the main reason they prefare SA was because of the well built BB house
which part of SA is having power cuts again??
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2017
veragistonline:
First of all, it's important that you know that the BIG BROTHER AFRICA and NAIJA shows are owned and produced by MNET, a topmost African TV and media firm which has its head quarters in South Africa.

I have been seeing a lot of comments and posts from
friends and senior colleagues in the industry industry concerning the fact that MNET chose to shoot in south Africa.

Some persons even called for the boycott of BBN. I couldn't help but laugh at this suggestion anyway. Because I know that it is an irrational and unrealistic thing to say.

Every company is in business to make profit. The goal of every money making venture is to provide value and make profit while doing that and to make profit, a company has to make choices that are deemed as cost effective.

Choosing South AFRICA over Nigeria is the most cost effective option for MNET because the factors of production in South Africa are cheaper and less stressful than Nigeria.

First of all, let's think of the things that go into an average reality show programme. Electric power, set(the house), production crew, security, catering, medical facilities, etc. Do not forget that the show lasts for almost 3 months. Let's take power for example, it's not news that we have a moribund power supply in Nigeria. To put a show like that. You must have diesel generators running 24/7. Going by the cost of diesel now. The budget for diesel alone will run into millions. Imagine watching the show and suddenly the signal goes off because a generator suddenly develops faults from continuous use. Jus imagine the embarrassment. Also, from what I learnt there is a big brother house already in south Africa. Why spend millions trying to purchase and retrofit another set in Nigeria here when there is a facility in south Africa already.

Some Nigerians are sounding like BBN is a Nigerian documentary by NTA that was shot in south Africa. For God's sake can we quit this entitlement mentality already and understand that nobody owes Nigerians anything. It is a private production company and the show is not about Nigeria. It is a reality show that has Nigerians as participants. The audience do not care about the country it is produced. They just want a fabulous show and South Africa can guarantee that. Mind you, the show is also viewed in other countries

A lot of Nigerian brands go to South Africa to shoot their commercials because it makes more financial sense. Do you know what goes into shooting just a short film in Nigeria not to talk of a feature length or reality shoe? You are shooting on the streets and thugs will come there to hijack your equipments or beat up your actors unless you pay them. Nigeria is a nightmare for indigenous filmmakers not to talk of foreign production companies.

Nigeria is really not a conducive and encouraging place for production and this is evident in the way companies are folding up and moving to Ghana and other African countries. There is a market so companies will keep producing outside and bringing it in

Even the government doesn't believe in the products made by Nigerians. Our president is currently in a foreign country for vacation. The Senate spent scarce foreign exchange to import vehicles while we have an indigenous car manufacturing company. Even most Nigerian publishing companies, print their books abroad because it is cheaper to do. We bring in foreign nationals to do jobs that nigerians can do and call them expatriates Most government roads and buildings are constructed by foreign firms and we are angry that MNET chose to shoot their own production in their home country?

MNET has done more for the nigerian TV and movie industry than any indigenous production company. I dare anyone to counter this statement.

As long as we remain in our mediocre way of doing things in this country, as long as we don't have good roads, security, good economic policies, good transportation means and proper work ethics more foreign companies will produce outside and dump their products on us.

Source: http://veragist..com/2017/01/big-brother-naija-and-south-african.html

two words:excellent post

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by philclaps22: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2017
i
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by MrEdimulo82(m): 7:21am On Jan 29, 2017
veragistonline:
First of all, it's important that you know that the BIG BROTHER AFRICA and NAIJA shows are owned and produced by MNET, a topmost African TV and media firm which has its head quarters in South Africa.

I have been seeing a lot of comments and posts from
friends and senior colleagues in the industry industry concerning the fact that MNET chose to shoot in south Africa.

Some persons even called for the boycott of BBN. I couldn't help but laugh at this suggestion anyway. Because I know that it is an irrational and unrealistic thing to say.

Every company is in business to make profit. The goal of every money making venture is to provide value and make profit while doing that and to make profit, a company has to make choices that are deemed as cost effective.

Choosing South AFRICA over Nigeria is the most cost effective option for MNET because the factors of production in South Africa are cheaper and less stressful than Nigeria.

First of all, let's think of the things that go into an average reality show programme. Electric power, set(the house), production crew, security, catering, medical facilities, etc. Do not forget that the show lasts for almost 3 months. Let's take power for example, it's not news that we have a moribund power supply in Nigeria. To put a show like that. You must have diesel generators running 24/7. Going by the cost of diesel now. The budget for diesel alone will run into millions. Imagine watching the show and suddenly the signal goes off because a generator suddenly develops faults from continuous use. Jus imagine the embarrassment. Also, from what I learnt there is a big brother house already in south Africa. Why spend millions trying to purchase and retrofit another set in Nigeria here when there is a facility in south Africa already.

Some Nigerians are sounding like BBN is a Nigerian documentary by NTA that was shot in south Africa. For God's sake can we quit this entitlement mentality already and understand that nobody owes Nigerians anything. It is a private production company and the show is not about Nigeria. It is a reality show that has Nigerians as participants. The audience do not care about the country it is produced. They just want a fabulous show and South Africa can guarantee that. Mind you, the show is also viewed in other countries

A lot of Nigerian brands go to South Africa to shoot their commercials because it makes more financial sense. Do you know what goes into shooting just a short film in Nigeria not to talk of a feature length or reality shoe? You are shooting on the streets and thugs will come there to hijack your equipments or beat up your actors unless you pay them. Nigeria is a nightmare for indigenous filmmakers not to talk of foreign production companies.

Nigeria is really not a conducive and encouraging place for production and this is evident in the way companies are folding up and moving to Ghana and other African countries. There is a market so companies will keep producing outside and bringing it in

Even the government doesn't believe in the products made by Nigerians. Our president is currently in a foreign country for vacation. The Senate spent scarce foreign exchange to import vehicles while we have an indigenous car manufacturing company. Even most Nigerian publishing companies, print their books abroad because it is cheaper to do. We bring in foreign nationals to do jobs that nigerians can do and call them expatriates Most government roads and buildings are constructed by foreign firms and we are angry that MNET chose to shoot their own production in their home country?

MNET has done more for the nigerian TV and movie industry than any indigenous production company. I dare anyone to counter this statement.

As long as we remain in our mediocre way of doing things in this country, as long as we don't have good roads, security, good economic policies, good transportation means and proper work ethics more foreign companies will produce outside and dump their products on us.

Source: http://veragist..com/2017/01/big-brother-naija-and-south-african.html

U just nailed it brother. These are my exact position point after point over the issue. And let me add, even the hospitality industry is among the most expensive in the world, yet little value is served, tell me how many Nigerian hotels actually offers the 5 star services they claim,though the faults are not theirs. But it form part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Nkepris(f): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by MrEdimulo82(m): 7:30am On Jan 29, 2017
Who remember when the organizers of Miss World were coming to do this show in naija, wey the northernerstwhile called it Haram.... MNET don learn na, cos they are not lazy organization like ours who don't brainstorm before taking decisions. Am sure many of u here sef fit nor remember. So quit d sentiment.
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by geekybabe(f): 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
Wallade:
Naija is a Nigerian brand; it is recognized as another word for Nigeria. So when you choose to use that Brand name along with any other name coined by you, especially to generate income, you have to pay royalty to Nigeria.

Technically, what MNET tried to do is to dodge royalty payment to Nigerian government and also divert all associated business to the Big Brother Naija programme to South Africa.

There may be cases against MNET provided there are laws or requirements of Broadcasting Standards that have been violated due to this business decision.

Which royalty or loyalty should they pay to you? The politicians and lawmakers are they paying you loyalty for not being able to provide basic amenities to run a reality show?? Abeg park well oga. This show is purely business for d producers.
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Rainmaker69(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Those hypocrites drinking panadol on this issue should tell Nigerian artistes to stop going to shoot music videos in South Africa first. Shior.
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Wallade(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
geekybabe:

Which royalty or loyalty should they pay to you? The politicians and lawmakers are they paying you loyalty for not being able to provide basic amenities to run a reality show?? Abeg park well oga. This show is purely business for d producers.

You obviously just felt like writing. Anyway, I didn't say loyalty, rather I said royalty. Royalty in this context is an economic term, maybe you should Google it to get a better understanding.
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by tuktudicko(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
Wallade:

You obviously just felt like writing. Anyway, I didn't say loyalty, rather I said royalty. Royalty in this context is an economic term, maybe you should Google it to get a better understanding.
Mr man be quiet
if said royalty is paid will any get to you?
or will any be used in the improvement of our economy?

the whole thing still ends in the government's pockets
even the tax we pay is useless you are here talking bout royalty
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Ayopeteru(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
Dear Author. My name is Peter Adesanya not Adesinsa. Please correct the error.
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Wallade(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
tuktudicko:

Mr man be quiet
if said royalty is paid will any get to you?
or will any be used in the improvement of our economy?

the whole thing still ends in the government's pockets
even the tax we pay is useless you are here talking bout royalty

There are so many children on nairaland these days!
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by tuktudicko(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
Wallade:

Old man and still you don't use any part of your brain to think
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by tuktudicko(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
Wallade:

Old man and still you don't use any part of your brain to think
Re: Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa by Wallade(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
tuktudicko:

Old man
and still you don't use any part of your brain to think

Yea! Old men's reasoning and opinions hardly makes sense to kids like you. I advice you run along; go play, bully, insult and irritate your mates.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multichoice To Report Social Media Accounts That Live Streams 2019 Bbnaija / Between Ramsey Noah, Van Vicker And Majid Michael Who Is More Handsome / Arit Okpo Is New African Voices Host - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.