Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! (1397 Views)

Be Warned And Be Guided Pls!!!!! / How To Identify Nairaland Scammers /Fraudster Most In Agric Section / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
So I got a call from a man stating that he want to venture into farming business but lack experience.Whenever I hear such things,my spontaneous response has always been " you can come down to our farm to get registered for our monthly practical training"; No,No,No, I don't need training,I have #10 million naira now and I am sending it to you.Before i could say jack robinson,the man ended the call.
I was like someone I don't know,just a call and he wants to send #10 million naira,just like that? I kept wondering. I called the phone number (08146779850) again but was switched off.

About some hours,he called me that he will send a fridge where the money will be locked and the key of the fridge kept safely; that I should unlocked it when it gets to me.
Even if you want to send money,why cant you send it through our corporate account instead of using archaic,unconventional way.Immediately he told me that,my red alert sense was activated,I know something was fishy.I had to inform our legal adviser and some of our staff close by at the time.

I was told to play along with them.Moment after, I receive a call from another man asking me to store his phone number (08174319080) as the fridge will be delivered the next morning latest by 10am
I was fast asleep around 4am when I received a call from the so called driver that he was being held by custom officers at Benin and he has been trying to reach me to settle with this officers so that my fridge can be released to him.
To cut the story short,he told me to send #200k to his account: U.Joseph Anthony,Access bank plc; 0011072155.
What actually baffles me was that some days after,a friend of mine told me a similar stories with the same phone number.A name check at true caller app by a staff shows the name of the scammers to be Bassey and Ifeanyi ukah.
Nigerians be warned!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2017
this people keep upgrading their scam everyday.
Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by BaEnki(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for the info Sir, I hope that greediness won't still make some people fall for this cheap trick.
Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by BECALMBECALM(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2017
Wonders shall never end.This is why i am so afraid to do business with Nigerians.Alot of scammers everywhere.You dont know who is who.Even in nairaland there are many of them.Spoiling the image of the good ones.May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by Baroba(m): 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
Just like the idiat that hacked into my friends Facebook messenger and started chatting with me, he asked me to help send £150 to a contact in US using western union.. He claimed he lost his phone and ATM card, I quickly rang my friend and the poor lady had no knowledge of what was going on..Scammers everywhere, God help us in this country..
Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by abdulsemi: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2017
I am here pleading to Mr Gbenga Yussuf Adewale (lesupnigeria) to pay my investment back to me. On Feb. 2016 we have an agreement that he would planted an acre of plantain (COST 466,000, ROI 800,000 1st year) and hectare of Cassava (COST 130,000, ROI 300,000) , by April 2017 both will be ready for harvest and I paid him 535,000 . But unfortunate when I called by April 2017 he said all the plantain was burnt and the cassava he will pay when he harvest and since then he stop picking my calls and he refused to show my farm.
Please my good nairalander people help talk to Mr. gbenga to give me ONLY MY INVESTMENT back pls . Merry xmas and Happy New Year in Advance.
Mr Semiu from Lagos
Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by ogunbiyi(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
@ Lesgupnigeria, please reply @abdulsemi. @abdulsemi please create a new topic for this request

Moderator @ FarmTech, Pavore9 please help with this

1 Like

Re: New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! by Arvinkris(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
abdulsemi:
I am here pleading to Mr Gbenga Yussuf Adewale (lesupnigeria) to pay my investment back to me. On Feb. 2016 we have an agreement that he would planted an acre of plantain (COST 466,000, ROI 800,000 1st year) and hectare of Cassava (COST 130,000, ROI 300,000) , by April 2017 both will be ready for harvest and I paid him 535,000 . But unfortunate when I called by April 2017 he said all the plantain was burnt and the cassava he will pay when he harvest and since then he stop picking my calls and he refused to show my farm.
Please my good nairalander people help talk to Mr. gbenga to give me ONLY MY INVESTMENT back pls . Merry xmas and Happy New Year in Advance.
Mr Semiu from Lagos
Lesgupnigeria, another complaint? Na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Organic Fertilizer For Cocoa Farmers / 50 Days Maturity Maize Seeds / Catfish Juvenile For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.