Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Die First And Let Us Know! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Die First And Let Us Know! (864 Views)

This Sunday,let Us Know The Name Your Pastor Love Calling God Everytime / Come And Let's Reason Together. / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2017
"don't be a slave to drugs, the devil might say if u don't take drugs u will die, die first and let us know!" those were the exact words of my pastor and I'm still confused......... Is it actually wise for a Christian not to take drugs no matter how serious the illness is?
Please bible scholars and religious leaders in the house should help to clarify this, I'm really confuse here.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2017
Don't listen to those pastors...

If you are sick, take drugs and pray...That is common sense.

These same pastors rush their children to the hospital for small headache...

#Ignorethem.

2 Likes

Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by menxer: 8:51am On Jan 29, 2017
If you have a condition that needs spiritual treatment, go for it.
If you have a condition that needs medical treatment, go for it.
If you have a condition that needs emotional/psychological treatment, go for it.
If you have a condition that needs traditional treatment, go for it.
If your condition needs a combination of the above, go for it.
Don't let anyone deceive you to do contrary and die before your time.

1 Like

Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 8:51am On Jan 29, 2017
hmmm...... Most times they claim that it is an act of disbelief..... Thanks though.
DDeliverer:

#Ignorethem.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2017
lolz.....
menxer:
If you have a condition that needs spiritual treatment, go for it.
If you have a condition that needs medical treatment, go for it.
If you have a condition that needs emotional/psychological treatment, go for it.
If you have a condition that needs traditional treatment, go for it.
If your condition needs a combination of the above, go for it.
Don't let anyone deceive you to do contrary and die before your time.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by Wilgrea7(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2017
darbeelicous:
"don't be a slave to drugs, the devil might say if u don't take drugs u will die, die first and let us know!" those were the exact words of my pastor and I'm still confused......... Is it actually wise for a Christian not to take drugs no matter how serious the illness is?
Please bible scholars and religious leaders in the house should help to clarify this, I'm really confuse here.

Christianity is supposed to be about faith.. if you know you need drugs... please take them.. you can't deceive yourself... if you're sick and you know your faith isn't strong or you still have doubts.. please take drugs..
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 29, 2017
He should stab himself first. . .and shouldn't go for treatment. .if it works out fine for him, then we all gonna follow suit.

#YOLO

2 Likes

Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by firstking01(m): 11:12am On Jan 29, 2017
DDeliverer:

#Ignorethem.
It baffles me how some of you rush to generalise these pastors...this is abt two years running i 've not taken drugs, it't not "luck" like the atheist will claim...it's based on my covenant relationship with God, and also, it depends on the level your faith...don't go praying when your heart is doubting you...kuku goan take drugs...this level of divine health is meant for christians that have faith.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
as funny as ur opinion is, I think it's rather too harsh!
richommie:
He should stab himself first. . .and shouldn't go for treatment. .if it works out fine for him, then we all gonna follow suit.

#YOLO
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
and how can we really tell if our faith is strong enough........ I don't know about u sir, but sometimes we feel like our faith can carry us but things just seem to go the wrong direction..... At that point we become confused and don't know what to believe anymore.
firstking01:
It baffles me how some of you rush to generalise these pastors...this is abt two years running i 've not taken drugs, it't not "luck" like the atheist will claim...it's based on my covenant relationship with God, and also, it depends on the level your faith...don't go praying when your heart is doubting you...kuku goan take drugs...this level of divine health is meant for christians that have faith.

1 Like

Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by torqque7(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
It's not smart to experiment with your life because someone told u to..it's ur life so do exactly what u think u need to do..a lot of jehova witnesses die of anemia because their pastor said it's wrong to take someone else's blood.. undecided not wise at all if u ask me.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by Omudia11: 4:59am On Feb 05, 2017
This question is irrelevant. Are you supposed to listen to your pastor or the word of God
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 5:23am On Feb 05, 2017
since pastors preach the word of God, don't u think we should listen to them when they are rightly admonishing us?
Omudia11:
This question is irrelevant. Are you supposed to listen to your pastor or the word of God
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 5:24am On Feb 05, 2017
hmmm.........
torqque7:
It's not smart to experiment with your life because someone told u to..it's ur life so do exactly what u think u need to do..a lot of jehova witnesses die of anemia because their pastor said it's wrong to take someone else's blood.. undecided not wise at all if u ask me.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by Omudia11: 9:17am On Feb 05, 2017
Rightly you said. But when its wrong and not line with the word of God, quickly disregard. It is written that many false prophets shall arise and deceive many in "HIS" name.
darbeelicous:
since pastors preach the word of God, don't u think we should listen to them when they are rightly admonishing us?
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by tete7000(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
Faith without work is dead - James2:17. It is God that gives man wisdom to discover drugs. Why kneel down praying endlessly when you can take a tablet or two to get healed. The healing expected from drugs itself stems from faith, do you know how many took drugs and never get healed? That reminds me of a wonderful inscription I once saw at an hospital, it reads thus: 'WE TREAT BUT GOD HEALS'. That summarises it, healing ultimately comes from God not the drugs. God makes the drugs work.

1 Like

Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by darbeelicous(f): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2017
hmmm..... I could agree with u.
tete7000:
Faith without work is dead - James2:17. It is God that gives man wisdom to discover drugs. Why kneel down praying endlessly when you can take a tablet or two to get healed. The healing expected from drugs itself stems from faith, do you know how many took drugs and never get healed? That reminds me of a wonderful inscription I once saw at an hospital, it reads thus: 'WE TREAT BUT GOD HEALS'. That summarises it, healing ultimately comes from God not the drugs. God makes the drugs work.
Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by plaetton: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2017
darbeelicous:

97℅ of African Pastors are illiterates, and by illiterates, I don't mean not being able to read and write.

And this is the part that I find hard to understand about religion; Why seemingly intelligent people follow people with much much lower IQs.

3 Likes

Re: Die First And Let Us Know! by otemanuduno: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2017
darbeelicous:
Please don't listen to your pastor. Go to the hospital whenever you are sick. A word is enough for the wise.

[quote author=DOCTUFOS] RASTUS 8:11-14

11. And they shall be worse before they shall think to go the way of the physicians.
12. Now this is my instruction to all in this generation and the generation to come; let not religion be mixed with health issues.
13. For when you are sick, go after the physicians immediately, rather than asking a god to cure you of your sickness.
14. Or else it shall be too late for you to be cured.

Wilgrea7, I can see you on this thread. How's life with you?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/02/17 / Why Scientists Haven’t Discovered Hell Yet? / Shocking Video: Pastor Ashimolowo Of KICC Asks Members To Sow Seeds Of $ 1,000 O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.