Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? (2253 Views)

Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 / An Escrow Service Platform And Socializing Site Developed By Our Graduands / Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by hunter4life: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2017
Just curious.

I’m not asking about websites created using open source software like WordPress, Joomla or free forum software. I’m referring to any website built on propriety software actually designed and written by any Nigerian from ground up?

www.naijamotherland.com was designed and written from the ground up by a Nigerian-American and I am very curious to know if there are any others out there.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by bet9ja(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by hunter4life: 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2017
bet9ja:
YES! check www.olumidea.co.za

That is a WordPress website, written by WordPress Developers.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by orimion(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
"major websites" (most websites really) aren't built by a single person
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by directonpc(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
You can check http://7rl.in/phome it is available both on Web and an android client.

If you take ur time to browse it via PC, mobile Web and try the mobile app you will see that Nigerians are working too.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by kampkelly(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
hopefully coming soon..
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by seunoni34(m): 1:47am On Jan 31, 2017
hunter4life:
Just curious.

I’m not asking about websites created using open source software like WordPress, Joomla or free forum software. I’m referring to any website built on propriety software actually designed and written by any Nigerian from ground up?

www.naijamotherland.com was designed and written from the ground up by a Nigerian-American and I am very curious to know if there are any others out there.
I wrote Fc naija.com & 366football.com from ground up. Although Fc naija was a WordPress site, I recoded it, removed all the styling and the only thing retained was the database which I later changed the structure, even the admin was removed for a custom built one by me . 366football is a Livescores site that fetches feeds from an European feed provider all custom built too. I learnt how to code from scratch, including mvc & oop. Unfortunately most naija programmers are lazy, so they use either WordPress or one "quick tool". I know of few people who can code big stuffs from scratch. The rest are just "fast food" programmers. grin grin
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by hunter4life: 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
Fc naija.com & 366football.com are built on WordPress software.
But it looks like you've done a lot of customization, which is good.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by seunoni34(m): 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
hunter4life:
Fc naija.com & 366football.com are built on WordPress software.
But it looks like you've done a lot of customization, which is good.
It was not built on WordPress oga. All coded from scratch. I'm happy you find it hard to believe cheesy . Contact me of you want a custom built website/blog devoid of WordPress codes. Trust me you'll like it.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by jboy01(m): 8:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
most developers now uses frameworks since it makes them develop website faster and more secure
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by fakecc: 12:12am On Feb 05, 2017
This is what happen when u just know how to "edit" HTML documents!
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by muyexzy: 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
Www.jobmarket.com.gh was built from the ground up by a Nigerian. No custom cms... You should check it out.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
hunter4life:
Just curious.

Interested too
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
seunoni34:

I wrote Fc naija.com & 366football.com from ground up. Although was a WordPress site, I recoded it, removed all the styling and the only thing retained was the database which I later changed the structure, even the admin was removed for a custom built one by me . 366football is a Livescores site that fetches feeds from an European feed provider all custom built too. I learnt how to code from scratch, including mvc & oop. Unfortunately most naija programmers are lazy, so they use either WordPress or one "quick tool". I know of few people who can code big stuffs from scratch. The rest are just "fast food" programmers. grin grin

I'm working on something like 366football.com right now.... I'm thrilled at ur work bro. thumbs up
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by seunoni34(m): 4:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
lankykid:

I'm working on something like 366football.com right now.... I'm thrilled at ur work bro. thumbs up
Thank you!
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by Absuchat(m): 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
I built http://www.prodcheck.com from ground up. Working on the android and iOS apps now

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by seunoni34(m): 4:28am On Feb 07, 2017
Absuchat:
I built http://www.prodcheck.com from ground up. Working on the android and iOS apps now
nice one
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by bet9ja(m): 5:08am On Feb 07, 2017
bet9ja:
YES! check www.olumidea.co.za

I wrote the code. My portfolio is not a WordPress site.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by bet9ja(m): 5:12am On Feb 07, 2017
hunter4life:

That is a WordPress website, written by WordPress Developers.

I wrote the code. My portfolio is not a WordPress site.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by code101: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2017
Yes, you can check my website www.NEMSacademy.com OR my www.FineArt.com.ng this are built from ground up.....
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by hunter4life: 2:11am On Feb 16, 2017
jboy01:
most developers now uses frameworks since it makes them develop website faster and more secure

Good answer. But has a Nigerian developed a framework yet or everyone is still using frameworks written by other people?
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by hunter4life: 2:44am On Feb 16, 2017
seunoni34:
nice one

Very nice. Keep up the great job!
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by hunter4life: 2:56am On Feb 16, 2017
My question was actually for the popular, high traffic websites. This is where your web application or software is truly tested. When it is under a load of stress from many simultaneous users; preferably hundreds of thousands of users.

Is there 1 website that has been written by a Nigerian capable of doing that?

Hopefully with the information technology age, we will not fall into the same quagmire we did where we have a lot of so-called engineers but no one has created a car that can move, or a plane that can fly, or develop electrical power without getting raw materials from abroad, etc.
Re: Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? by seunoni34(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2017
code101:
Yes, you can check my website www.NEMSacademy.com OR my www.FineArt.com.ng this are built from ground up.....
cool

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With My Python Shopping Cart Script / Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. / 82 Free Tutorials In iOS & iPhone Programming Course For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.