Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids (3066 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by sunnymighty(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2017
Peachess:

Yeah, it's difficult cos professionals are not much here. I read hereditary, alcohol consumption and taking some kind of drugs can cause autism. I heard some people outgrow autism (very rare), I dunno if it's true tho...

99.9% causes of Autism is unknown ma.

1 Like

Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by Peachess(f): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
sunnymighty:

99.9% causes of Autism is unknown ma.
I didn't specifically mention autism. I said 'intellectually impaired' and some of these problems can be detected.
Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by Olatunde26: 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by msbyao: 7:52am On Mar 31, 2017
Peachess:

I'm a very curious person hope you don't mind tho. Did you discover it when he was still a baby? Is it hereditary one of the factors that causes autism?

Let me answer this. The cause of autism is unknown. Some children develop normally and then start to regress or lose the abilities and speech they once had after events which could include Immunization. It could also be a child meeting other milestones but not learning from the environment.
People on the Autism spectrum, contrary to what I have read on this post, have the potentials to be geniuses once it's well managed. A lot of exceptional people including Messi,Mark Zuckerberg ,Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs have all demonstrated traits of people on the Autism Spectrum.
A classic trait of people on the autism spectrum is Repetitive actions. Because they can do the same things over and over again, if it's rightly channeled, they become geniuses in their fields.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by hailthee: 1:30am On Jul 10, 2017
All special needs parents in Nigeria should try and take this survey. It will help shape the future of services in Nigeria. Please complete the survey if your child/children has Autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy or any other developmental condition.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/68H3BW5
Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by munas: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2017
Peachess:

That's why it's better to do an ultrasound to detect abnormalities in the child. It's better not to bring them to this world instead of letting them suffer. I feel bad the way some people treat them and how they're discriminated.

Which utrasound? lol

Utrasound will show jaundice? or
Utrasound will show rhesus problem? abi
Utrasound will that the baby may not cry early?

Utrasound will show hole in the heart abi?

My dear,that utrasound has a lot of limitations and things it cannot detect.

Just pray to your God and use good government facilities

1 Like

Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by Peachess(f): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
munas:

Which utrasound? lol

Utrasound will show jaundice? or
Utrasound will show rhesus problem? abi
Utrasound will that the baby may not cry early?

Utrasound will show hole in the heart abi?

My dear,that utrasound has a lot of limitations and things it cannot detect.

Just pray to your God and use good government facilities
*sigh* Some people sha, "I must talk"
I wasn't talking about jaundice neither was I talking about rhesus but I was talking about "intellectual impairment"
Next time read properly and understand before running your mouth in an issue you know nothing about cos it makes you look really silly.
And some intellectual impairment can be detected through ultrasound. Ultrasound can reveal brain abnormalities in babies. And I only came up with this topic cos of how bad people treat special children.
Re: How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids by munas: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
Peachess:

*sigh* Some people sha, "I must talk"
I wasn't talking about jaundice neither was I talking about rhesus but I was talking about "intellectual impairment"
Next time read properly and understand before running your mouth in an issue you know nothing about cos it makes you look really silly.
And some intellectual impairment can be detected through ultrasound. Ultrasound can reveal brain abnormalities in babies. And I only came up with this topic cos of how bad people treat special children.

Then you dont really know all the things that leads to it...
Jaundice can lead to brain injury that will make a child intellectually inpaired.
Same with a babies inability to cry in the first few minutes after birth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can No Longer Cope In A Sexless Marriage / What Is The Best Gift One Can Give To His Wife ??? / Chinese Family Have Gigantic 4.5 Metre Python As Babysitter [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.