Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. (1130 Views)

The Moment The Trumps Saw The Obamas Off To Waiting Chopper After Swearing-In / White House Staff To Move Out The Obamas & Move In The Trumps In 6 Hours / Photos Of Donald Trumps House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
Donald Trump has just barred citizens from 7 Majority Muslim countries from entering US for 90 days. The countries include Iran, Yemen, Syria, Somali, Sudan, Iraq and Libya. And expectedly, there is outrage everywhere. Funnily, mainly by Christians and citizens of western countries.

Now this is the Paradox.

All the countries on that list, except maybe Somalia, have for decades had a policy banning Jews from entering their country. Including these seven countries most of the GCC countries(Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait) also ban Jews from entering their country.
Worse still, If you are a citizen of another country, but have an Israeli visa on you passport, you wouldn't be allowed into most of these Muslim majority countries. You would be turned back at the airport.

Now thats not too much of a big deal I guess.

But here is another one.
In most of these countries, Churches are banned. Christians are not allowed to practice their religion. Take Saudi for instance. There are 1.2 million Christians but not one single church. Christians are barred from worship together so they hide in their private homes to do that.
And nobody is speaking up for them.

While I don't support the brash approach Trump is going about his plans, I do think its time to ask real questions about the hypocrisy of political correctness. I will only support these protests when I see Muslims from these countries rise up and protest the persecution of Christians in thier own countries same way Christians around the world are protesting against Trumps policies. You cant ban Christianity in your country and ask that other countries treat you fairly.

What Trump is doing is Brinkmanship. For once, someone is not interested in political correctness. When these countries sit on a negotiating table, they´d be told clearly that you cant treat others terribly and expect to be treated fairly.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by pchukwudi: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
GOD BLESS YOU REAL BIG, Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by ajokebelle(f): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2017
Those Israelis have really suffered on the hands of the Arabs, imagine a Judoka refusing to shake hands with a fellow judoka during one of their games because she is an Israeli, another one even refused to wrestle because his opponent was an Israeli.

Though I don't support what Trump did, but majority of those bashing him have never tasted terrorism, they have never lost loved ones or properties to it.

7 Likes

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by SalamRushdie: 4:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Donald Trump has just barred citizens from 7 Majority Muslim countries from entering US for 90 days. The countries include Iran, Yemen, Syria, Somali, Sudan, Iraq and Libya. And expectedly, there is outrage everywhere. Funnily, mainly by Christians and citizens of western countries.

Now this is the Paradox.

All the countries on that list, except maybe Somalia, have for decades had a policy banning Jews from entering their country. Including these seven countries most of the GCC countries(Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait) also ban Jews from entering their country.
Worse still, If you are a citizen of another country, but have an Israeli visa on you passport, you wouldn't be allowed into most of these Muslim majority countries. You would be turned back at the airport.

Now thats not too much of a big deal I guess.

But here is another one.
In most of these countries, Churches are banned. Christians are not allowed to practice their religion. Take Saudi for instance. There are 1.2 million Christians but not one single church. Christians are barred from worship together so they hide in their private homes to do that.
And nobody is speaking up for them.

While I don't support the brash approach Trump is going about his plans, I do think its time to ask real questions about the hypocrisy of political correctness. I will only support these protests when I see Muslims from these countries rise up and protest the persecution of Christians in thier own countries same way Christians around the world are protesting against Trumps policies. You cant ban Christianity in your country and ask that other countries treat you fairly.

What Trump is doing is Brinkmanship. For once, someone is not interested in political correctness. When these countries sit on a negotiating table, they´d be told clearly that you cant treat others terribly and expect to be treated fairly.

Exactly ..thats why I pity any non Muslim that is against the ban ..just go to nearby Kano state and see if you can find a single church in Kano except in Sabon Gari which is actually a subsurb left for un beleivers

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by abduljabbar4(m): 12:00am On Jan 31, 2017
why are Nigerians so happy about this as Muslims are going to be killed or something. what those countries did is right. if i had the chance i would ban them from Nigeria and adopt Sharia. I no send anybody
Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by SammieJayh(m): 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
abduljabbar4:
why are Nigerians so happy about this as Muslims are going to be killed or something. what those countries did is right. if i had the chance i would ban them from Nigeria and adopt Sharia. I no send anybody

Religious bigot... I hope you end up in hell... tongue

5 Likes

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:
this is the mind set of evey Muslim. Jesus is still on the throne

1 Like

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by abduljabbar4(m): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
this is the mind set of evey Muslim. Jesus is still on the throne
He "sacrifised l" his life for your sins and yet he is still alive on the throne. Funny religion
SammieJayh:

Is it jesus that will put me there or his son whom he gave birth to as himself and then sacrifised himself to himself that will put me in his imaginary hell?
Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by abduljabbar4(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
SammieJayh:

No probs. Would love to meet your jesus and the first prostitute ever to have illicit sex with a god
Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 21, 2017
abduljabbar4:

He "sacrifised l" his life for your sins and yet he is still alive on the throne. Funny religion

Is it jesus that will put me there or his son whom he gave birth to as himself and then sacrifised himself to himself that will put me in his imaginary hell?
U are not a true Muslim.
A true mulsim won't speak like this.
U are one of those lost people filled with hate and hiding under religion. It's easier for someone like u to be a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by SammieJayh(m): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2017
abduljabbar4:

No probs. Would love to meet your jesus and the first prostitute ever to have illicit sex with a god

You know I expect nothing less from people like you, afterall, what can you do best other than bring down other religion...?

That's why radicals like you destroy lives around the world...simply because you can't tolerate others...
Re: Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. by SammieJayh(m): 10:06am On Apr 25, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Your problem is ignorance, God is all mysterious and anything is possible by him...

God does things that are unheard of and beyond human comprehension...

It's obvious ur brain could soon disintegrate into a black hole if you try to explain what's a mystery to man kind...
I only pray you have an encounter with the Son before then

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Has Started Taking Names Of Countries Who Voted Against US In UN / Zimbabwe Elects 47 Year Old Chemissa Nelson As New President -photos / Africa Is A Cemetery For Africans - Vladimir Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.