Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? (2894 Views)

Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award / Freelancers And Nairaland Writers Attestation Thread / List Your Top 5 Favorite Nairaland Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by enethecoco(f): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
it's really annoying because sometimes you really know how bad people want an update and you still know how they will bash you if you give a yeye one, so you have to crack your head and crack it fast fast looking for a great continuation
give us a break
writers not island

1 Like

Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by xolocious(m): 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
enethecoco:
it's really annoying because sometimes you really know how bad people want an update and you still know how they will bash you if you give a yeye one, so you have to crack your head and crack it fast fast looking for a great continuation
give us a break
writers not island
Not only writers, no man is an Island of knowledge. Keep the fire burning, practice brings about excellence. Excellence is close perfection.
It's in you!
Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by basti1212(m): 9:42am On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Divepen1 post=53264686]One very funny thing about being a writer :everybody wants to be one too. Many want to tell the stories we tell. A good example is Politicalthug who believes writers are lazy because they don't update on time.
Let me tell you how I survive writing my storie. Peju Amadi (Repogirl) and Humbledbygrace have continually told me how much they want to update as regularly as I. But the truth is that any day they update, their works always come out better than mine. Many people

Divepen1, have u written any book?
Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by Divepen1(m): 10:55am On Feb 19, 2017
basti1212:
Yes
Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by dasilver20(f): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lleigh:

dasilver20 just keep on writing. People will come.
Pls be d first to read and coment on cross roads

1 Like

Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by maggdon(m): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
I don't write, but I really appreciate works of art. one thing ppl fail to understand is Dt art that is rushed is never a good art. as much as I appreciate what ppl on this forum are doing, let the fans too be considerate. 1.seun is not paying them
2. it takes big gut to write and post your intellectual property online for free.
3 most of these people have lives outside nairaland.

Pls let's appreciate what they are doing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by Lleigh(f): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
maggdon:
I don't write, but I really appreciate works of art. one thing ppl fail to understand is Dt art that is rushed is never a good art. as much as I appreciate what ppl on this forum are doing, let the fans too be considerate. 1.seun is not paying them
2. it takes big gut to write and post your intellectual property online for free.
3 most of these people have lives outside nairaland.

Pls let's appreciate what they are doing..

Appreciate your sentiments maggdon
Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by rapmike(m): 8:30am On Jan 05, 2019
Divepen1:
One very funny thing about being a writer :everybody wants to be one too. Many want to tell the stories we tell. A good example is Politicalthug who believes writers are lazy because they don't update on time.
Let me tell you how I survive writing my storie. Peju Amadi (Repogirl) and Humbledbygrace have continually told me how much they want to update as regularly as I. But the truth is that any day they update, their works always come out better than mine. Many people use laptop to write and update per time, but I use my phone. Writing with laptop expands your mind(for me). Writing with Wps on an andriod device can be slow, but I manage to write close to 2000 words per day. Bibijay123 can bear me witness, editting with WPS can be really frustrating. And the funniest part is that after writing and the first editting you will notice you've spent close to 4 hours. Yet, there would still be errors which can only be seen by a laptop or after reading it another day. I wrote the Unknown shadows, Her Beauty Calls, Comfortless Arms, Die oh Baby die(aka Life Under The Table) etc with phones. So you see the problem those with Android face.
What about those that type directly with smaller phones? It takes instinct. They have the story playing on their mind but to type it is not easy.

What about that use Itel, who post just because they want to be better. Writers on this forum are really trying their best. Any reader who wants to criticise should remember their pain. Point out errors and lapses but don't ask them how come they never improved( especially when they say they've been studying) like someone asked Audreytimms one of those days. Funny enough many of you don't even drop comments. You don't give them money. You don't comment on the blogs of those that have it. Even to buy their books na wahala. Larrysun writes into paper before typing and used to type with a blackberry phone.
Ask yourself why good writers are not encouraged to write on. People like my ogaz Royver, Kayemjay, Frank316, Glowingscenes, Ekaromail, Sammyhoe, D9ty7. They squeeze their time to drop updates. I read most of politicalthug's posts and I saw how he kept calling stories Useless and I wonder if he had conjured any story since his inception. I ought to keep quiet but it's high time we shut some people up.
Their works have been plagiarised times without number and they kept writing but your own poem was plagiarised once and you stopped writing. So, learn how to accord respect whom it is due.

Please tell them. They forget that we have other stuffs to do, that our struggles can come from different places. Anyways, I plan to do better, finish up the stories that are left unfinished and then write new ones. Moreover, I hope to have a blog and a website this year

1 Like

Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by SheWrites(f): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2019
thanks Divepen1
Re: Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? by meobizy(f): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
I’m surprised people write with phones here. I do the same only because of intimacy grown from using the device daily. I believe any serious writing requires a computer’s word processor. Then again if someone is not getting paid for writing here then the fans deserve no form of special consideration. Last last na freelancing win am, Bleep these ungrateful children who litter here to cure boredom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is The Tortoise Always Perceived As The Wisest Animal? / The Room / Absolutely Free Motivational Sms On Your Phone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.