Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

How To Whip Up Some Garden Egg Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Whip Up Some Garden Egg Sauce (1265 Views)

How To Prepare Garden Egg Sauce; An Amazing Recipe You Should Know / How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) / I Was Served Groundnuts, Garden Egg, Coke, Sweet At A Wedding Today Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Whip Up Some Garden Egg Sauce by Tedassie(m): 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2017
I have to praise we Nigerians for our creativity. The West says, “When life serves you lemons, you make lemonade”. Down here we say, “When life serves you garden eggs, you make garden egg sauce.” One of the best accompaniments to boiled yam or white rice has to be garden egg sauce. And you know what’s even better? Garden eggs are relatively cheap to buy and they are so nutritious. Personally, I am not a huge fan of garden eggs but make it into a sauce and I would be salivating as you also should, once you try out this recipe.

Ingredients
Garden eggs- 6 large
Bell pepper (tatashe)- 2 medium
Onion- I medium
Tomatoes- 3-4 medium
Fresh small pepper- 3-4 pieces
Vegetable oil or palm oil- 2-3 tablespoons
Seasoning- 2 cubes
Salt- to taste
Ground Crayfish- 1 teaspoon
Deboned Smoked fish- 1
Steps
• Boil garden eggs for at least 5 minutes then gently peel the outer coat. Chop or mash as you wish.
• Chop the bell peppers, small peppers, tomatoes and onions the set aside.
• Heat up the oil of your choice and add all chopped ingredients except the garden eggs. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
• Add the crayfish, seasoning cubes and salt. Taste to ensure the taste suits you.
• Pour the garden eggs and fish and stir properly. If the sauce is too dry for your liking add some water or meat stock if you have any.
• Allow to simmer for about 3 minutes and your garden eggs sauce is ready to be served with white rice, boiled potatoes/yam or as a side sauce in your jollof rice. Hmmm…. Delicious!

cc: Lalasticlala, MissyB3, tjskii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFHRXSBXQ2s&itct=CBYQpDAYACITCP_YwYGQ6tECFY0EfwodgcQHD1IQZ2FyZGVuIGVnZyBzYXVjZQ%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

cc: FlawlessT,MhizAijay smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Whip Up Some Garden Egg Sauce by wtfCode: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
I hope my future wife is reading up tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Whip Up Some Garden Egg Sauce by AreaFada2: 3:51am On Feb 09, 2017
Nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

*⚫*New Stock Alert: Family Size Electric Toaster Oven!!!*⚫* / Urgent Need: Food Display Warmer. / Health Benefits Of Kulikuli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.