Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner (3068 Views)

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / After Learning Programming What Next?? / I Want To Learn Programming, What Brand Of Laptop Would You Advice I Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Mtncardseller(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good day nl programmers

I will like to be a programmer also though I study mech ENGR in sch and am just through with my ND program..... I want to learn programming because I have passion for it...so as a starter,beginner or fresher what are the things or requirements I need to start programming..... And also am planning to go for offline training but any idea of how much will be collected from me to learn this programming.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Mtncardseller(m): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2017
Someone shud answer me na....

You guys just dey view and snub
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Absuchat(m): 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
First decide on the type of programmer you want to be, I.e desktop or web programmer, this is the first thing you should do.If you decide to go into desktop programming, I recommend you start off with one of these languages: C,C++,java or c#. (My preference is on java).
However, if web programming catches your fantasy, you can start off with php,Python or aspx.
Good luck.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Mtncardseller(m): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
Absuchat:
First decide on the type of programmer you want to be, I.e desktop or web programmer, this is the first thing you should do.If you decide to go into desktop programming, I recommend you start off with one of these languages: C,C++,java or c#. (My preference is on java).
However, if web programming catches your fantasy, you can start off with php,Python or aspx.
Good luck.
thank you bro.....I live in osun state... Please do you have any idea of the amount programmer tutor will collect from me as a trainee?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by BrightForYou(m): 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mtncardseller:
thank you bro.....I live in osun state... Please do you have any idea of the amount programmer tutor will collect from me as a trainee?

Hi brother. I'm also aspiring to be a programmer but don't know yet how to get started. Let's hook up,I'm also in osun state,Oshogbo precisely. Beep me.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by bet9ja(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2017
I would suggest you start with C++ as knowing it will make the rest languages look like biscuits. I can also give you some materials that is beginners friendly.

NB: There is no easy way to learn programming, the best way is to code, code and code. Do not assume you can code by reading books.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by lizzypro: 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
bet9ja:
I would suggest you start with C++ as knowing it will make the rest languages look like biscuits. I can also give you some materials that is beginners friendly.

NB: There is no easy way to learn programming, the best way is to code, code and code. Do not assume you can code by reading books.

Pls drop ur no
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Mtncardseller(m): 1:39am On Feb 15, 2017
bet9ja:

alright bro.... can you please forward the materials via my email...ajiroba8@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by adeolabilkis002: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Thanks,pls can I get the materials too.adeolabilkis002@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by JimmyBishop: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
I am a beginner too. Pls can i have stuff as well. Plsssssssss....... jimmysonng@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by thug: 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Am a beginner I need the material too
My email is njikoka@hotmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by moses09020100810: 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
please I want to learn programming can any one tell me where to learn it pls in either Ibadan or osun state with small fee
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by osarenomaspecial: 6:16am On Mar 25, 2018
first you have to know the problem you want to solve with it or the kind of application you want to build from there you pick best language for the job. for example you want to build game application and you learn php. php is not the best fit for game application, the best are C++ and C#. php is best fit for web application. when learning programming try to understand the basic core like variable,data type, control structures, functions, operators, classes, Exception,namespace . you can learn it on your own, as a beginner start with videos later you can move to books. YouTube is a great source. my question is which area you want to specialize , so I can recommend videos for you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2018
wow this section has really fallen cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by lilkech(m): 10:19am On Mar 26, 2018
pcguru1:
wow this section has really fallen cry cry cry cry cry cry

you can imagine the answers the op is getting

The core question of where and how much he could spend to learn it offline was never even attempted

Op go to the nearest NIIT branch to register and start learning whatever you need to know about programming
Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by ilekky(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2018
Get in touch with us at YEMLAT TECH.

We offer website design and programming at affordable cost.Talk to us

on watapps on 08028359239 for more information.

Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by AkinseteK(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2018
You can contact us now for a one on one training

Re: I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner by Snwokenk: 5:18am On Mar 30, 2018
whatever you start learning DO NOT START WITH JAVA OR C++. just don't.

start with, preferably, python or maybe JavaScript.
As a beginner you do not want to get frustrated.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Using Next/prev Button To Display Array Elements / Hiring Full-time Remote React.js Developers / How Can I Set Up Or Run My Python IDE On VS Code On Windows 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.