Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban (39837 Views)

Robert Mugabe With His First Wife Sally Hayfron On Their Wedding Day(throwback) / Donald Trump Sacks Adebayo Ogunlesi As Adviser / Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by NickD(m): 10:32am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

Trump knows deep down this illegality, this treasonous & highly decisive order will not stand the test of time but he has to pump his baby fists uncontrollably in the air , put on a show for his deluded band of deplorables...

His excuse when groups like ACLU, The SC & The Congress/Senate (ultimately, they have their seats to protect) eventually get the orders effectively blocked will be "I tried but ....."

Canada has quickly stepped in to knock the wind out of his sails by offering green card holders stranded outside of the US safe haven..

No decent and honourable person will condone this, protect your people, provide them peace & security , make immigration tighter but don't issue a blanket ban..
I beg to disagree with u...what he did is not illegal or treason...check ur facts right. An executive order gives the president exclusive right to do what he seems best for the country if common ground can't be reached with the opposition. How do u think Obama sent Russian diplomats out of the US weeks before stepping down? And just a simple question for u...Do u have the right to decide who comes into ur life or even ur house if u know they have the capacity to destroy ur life. Besides its not a blanket ban its just for 90days to verify those coming into the country. If every country works on improving them self who would bother going to America. Every country should strive to make their country an America and even better.

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Kingspin(m): 10:34am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

Some nitwits (NL resident chronically embittered & disgruntled elemets) rejoicing in this ban have no idea of the far reaching effects of what this power drunk crazy mofo has done....

A professorof Molecular Genetics from Switzerland who happens to hold an iranian passport was among those banned from entry into & this is someone knee deep in research for cure for Tuberculosis & Diabetes..... How is this OK

Pentagon, Joint Chiefs, Homeland Security were not consulted before emperor baby fists swung into motion, now he has left poo for them to clean up... Frantic efforts are already being made to get waivers for people from these countries acting as spies & translators for them....

In all of this, it speaks loudly that Saudi (Terrorist.com) UAE, Qatar and co haven't been included.... Business/ PROFIT over EVERYTHING ..., Trump really echoes the sentiments held by some peeps...

There is no way this won't be blocked!!! No way!!
This noise should be or ought to be channel wherever these terrorists strike. We must stop terrorism by all means. Moreover, the ban is just for 90days. To protect the lives of people and properties is the responsibility of any government. The wanton killing by these terrorists has become a way of life. Stopping terrorism is urgent. Back home here some set of people have been killing innocent people woman and children over the years recently that of Southern Kaduna then when those at the receiving end call for "self defense" which Nigeria government has frowned at. Is self defense a crime? Bokoharam and herdsmen both have taken enough lives of innocent people for too long. Trump maybe wrong but he is right before these guys take over the world with bombs and suicide ideology. Banning cannot be too important than ending terror.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Ugosample(m): 10:34am On Jan 31, 2017
africanusvu:
Me thinks dis is d tim for muslim world to ask themselves;WHY;where did we get it wrong to atract dis hate,instead of instigaving foolish americans to protest in solidarity and their muslim president shamelesly banning americans frm their nation which d cant implement, knwing witout american they cant be president and afta ofice their nest destinatn is america,Nigeria drove home al ghananians notin hapend.even obama did it yet no protest why TRUMP.pls muslims shld alow d world to rest their own is geting too much

What is this one saying

Who told you Iran cannot implement the visa ban?

It is in effect ALREADY.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Pascal181: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

Some nitwits (NL resident chronically embittered & disgruntled elemets) rejoicing in this ban have no idea of the far reaching effects of what this power drunk crazy mofo has done....

A professorof Molecular Genetics from Switzerland who happens to hold an iranian passport was among those banned from entry into & this is someone knee deep in research for cure for Tuberculosis & Diabetes..... How is this OK

Pentagon, Joint Chiefs, Homeland Security were not consulted before emperor baby fists swung into motion, now he has left poo for them to clean up... Frantic efforts are already being made to get waivers for people from these countries acting as spies & translators for them....

In all of this, it speaks loudly that Saudi (Terrorist.com) UAE, Qatar and co haven't been included.... Business/ PROFIT over EVERYTHING ..., Trump really echoes the sentiments held by some peeps...

Take heart

3 Likes

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by jakesbaba: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2017
kstix:
Gay alert!!

dirty & unproductive mind.

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by legendte(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

Enough of political correctness. Those gulf countries are not into terrorism if we must stand up for the truth. Their foreign policy might suggest that but their citizens do not pose any treat to national security. Many people travel to their country for leisure, religion and or business. Maybe you want US to become like Europe so that the moles would take over every nook and cranny of the world and carry out their evil agenda.
Hypocrisy is bad. You supported and still support a commander in chief who divided his own subjects by their region and religion and has been alarmingly quite on the issue of herdsman.

Trump may not completely be right but he is on the right track in putting America first.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by adepentane1(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2017
Flexherbal:
It seems President Trump is dead serious with this travel ban.

https://www.nairaland.com/2913203/herbal-tea-secrete-fathers-used in curing PreMAture ExPULsion and E.D

Yeah, dead like ya president. A man no longer wants u in his territory and or angry. go and die
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by sanandreas(m): 10:41am On Jan 31, 2017
abduljabbar4:

ur senseless post reminds me of og loc

Why are u pained? I care less about fanatics. Muslims can go to North Korea or Saudi Arabia. You and I know Muslim terrorists organizations are the breach of peace and order we have today. Europe is coming with their laws too. The good Muslim support the terrorist but they don't show it. If Islam means peace then they should practice it. China closed their doors and also Japan. They are living peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by adepentane1(m): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2017
legendte:

Enough of political correctness. Those gulf countries are not into terrorism if we must stand up for the truth. Their foreign policy might suggest that but their citizens do not pose any treat to national security. Many people travel to their country for leisure, religion and or business. Maybe you want US to become like Europe so that the moles would take over every nook and cranny of the world and carry out their evil agenda.
Hypocrisy is bad. You supported and supports a commander in chief who divided his own subjects by their region and religion and has been alarmingly quite on the issue of herdsman.

Trump may not completely be right but he is on the right track in putting America first.

Thank you for this. Some ppl will not even study the situation and they are blaming the niqqa trump. One thing he should have done was to create an awareness, like fix a date for it to start or something of sort. But it has been done, all his executive should clean up the mess. if you are not happy, resign.,
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by modath(f): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2017
FastShipping:

That person you quoted is an hopeless lying scum bag that I despise so much in politics section. He never got over the defeat of ineffectual buffon.

Who doesn't know firefire ? However his problem isn't Ineffectual buffon's loss ONLY, He hates Obasanjo & Tinubu for sweeping away the crumbs from whence he feeds, inversely he hates anything associated with either & supports anything ANTI no matter how ridiculous it makes him look...

Agbaya.com! cool
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by jordinsparkles(f): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

that is eh..I tire for d man. When obama started his work as the president in 2009 there was no issue or controversies! But this trump is just turning things upside down. But what can we do? He is a buffoon with no political experience. Its a shame that the Americans gave that position to a novice.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 10:55am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another good call from Trump .. stupid bitch is an Obama 5th columnist
How come citizens of Uncivilized nations are so much in love with a demagogue and citizens of civilized countries loathes him. Americans are not used to despotic leaders and that's the difference . You have to be in America to see the kind of opposition the Racist pig is facing. The White House of commotion is crumbling.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by bezimo(m): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2017
davidif:

Just google "Donald Trump's lies" and see the results. Google is your friend bro.

It means your claims are baseless.Sorry.
President Trump is the man of the hour.Making tough decisions to restore America glory. He is fulfilling electoral campaign promises, demonstrating commitment to protecting Christians and already giving those Islamic terrorists a very rough ride.

Hey, I got you there.You are a leftist and liberal in orientation, hence your consistent anti-trump postings.Sorry man, the election is over, unite behind your president stop making a caricature of your liberal views, because nobody really cares.Trump is President and no one can do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by legendte(m): 11:00am On Jan 31, 2017
adepentane1:

Thank you for this. Some ppl will not even study the situation and they are blaming the niqqa trump. One thing he should have done was to create an awareness, like fix a date for it to start or something of sort. But it has been done, all his executive should clean up the mess. if you are not happy, resign.,
You may be right but you don't announce to criminals that you would be installing cameras in your home. I would have liked a stronger vetting system put in place. Make the visa process very rigorous for them while you put measures in place to monitor then. If he had fixed a time to implement that, don't you think that the jihadist would beat the deadline? Most of the bans are not indefinite.
I understand that many of them are not bad but there is this Igbo maxim that says if one finger touches palm oil, rest of the fingers would be messed up with oil. Lots of us suffer discrimination due to the scam that our brothers committed all over the world. Do you now blame any country that makes visa procedures for us strenuous?
Trump is blunt and doesn't play to the gallery unlike Obama who was ready to kill Africans just to prove that he is not stupid.
The same old establishment is behind the protest.
Bomb America and you see them tweeting I stand with America.
Trump is simply being proactive.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by cosade(m): 11:02am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

I thought you're a moderator or am I missing something out?
I don't expect a Moderator to be insensitive to others' perspectives on issues. Referring to other NLanders as nitwits because they hold different views is unfortunate.

By the way, this issue was a campaign promise and DT got elected based on that. So why is it difficult for people to understand that, this is the wish of the majority. I am not unaware that Nigerians may be affected as its being speculated but I am also not unaware that DT got elected to serve the interests of Americans.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Topmaike007(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2017
how i wish trump was the Nigeria president.... I just love every move the man make.

Trum keep on firing anybody that does not succumb
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Babacele: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2017
hmmm we don enter finish ,and the world ain't seeing nothing yet. More aches and pains to be felt all over the globe each time Trump hits the world's heart: the United States of America. More senseless hitler shows coming that would only attract unnecessary enemies to the US. I can only say God bless America.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by africanusvu(m): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Ugosample:

What is this one saying

Who told you Iran cannot implement the visa ban?

It is in effect ALREADY.
,Ugosample nwannem.do u knw SEUN?last time he baned me frm NL.i gt angry wit him and say to hel.bt NL av milions of fans which i am only one of.did u tink seun is botherd of me.NO ugo.Nw.i only heard of milion of IRANIAN- AMERICANS .And ARAB-AMERICAN.bt yet to see AMERICAN-IRANIAN nor AMERICAN ARABS.within just 1hr of d ban.286iranians gt detained at airpt.bt withing 3days of iran ban of american.yet to hear of any.did u kmw dat there ar 2.9milon iranian ar legaly imigrant in USA including there president?Relax.TRUMP is a Lenninst.and isnt botherd by zomby american liberals .ok

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by DrMuzungu(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2017
What Emperor Donnie signed into law is 101% unconstitutional and unpatriotic. How many people were killed by the citizens of countries he banned? Zeeeero. How many were killed by the citizens of Saudi kingdom, for example? 3000-4000. Did he ban them too? No! Why? he has business ties with SA, UAE and many others. He is a traitor to American people, let alone the world.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by SalamRushdie: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Lucasbalo:
How come citizens of Uncivilized nations are so much in love with a demagogue and citizens of civilized countries loathes him. Americans are not used to despotic leaders and that's the difference . You have to be in America to see the kind of opposition the Racist pig is facing. The White House of commotion is crumbling.

Lucasbalo please stop spreading false news when all available polls show more thanhalf of Americans support the 90 day ban .. My boss you better come up with the real reason you hate Trump..I hear you are legal, i hear you are clean, you are a family man with a good job....the only reason you always give is Reagan and I cant deal Sir

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 31, 2017
King44:
is this French or Spanish
It sounds like Greek, I think

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by SalamRushdie: 11:32am On Jan 31, 2017
DrMuzungu:
What Emperor Donnie signed into law is 101% unconstitutional and unpatriotic. How many people were killed by the citizens of countries he banned? Zeeeero. How many were killed by the citizens of Saudi kingdom, for example? 3000-4000. Did he ban them too? No! Why? he has business ties with SA, UAE and many others. He is a traitor to American people, let alone the world.

You are too daft Sir ...Is there a terrrorist driven war also going on in Saudi Arabia ? Cant you see the countries banned have been a lot of jihadist there already fightin a jihad war ...Can you name one of Trumps business interest in Saudi Arabia, does trump also have business interest in indonesia ? You are eithre very daft or just a satanist in human flesh

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by iWise(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2017
Lucasbalo:

Typical. Liberals and their insatiable craving for drama.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 11:34am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Lucasbalo please stop spreading false news when all available polls show more thanhalf of Americans support the 90 day ban .. My boss you better come up with the real reason you hate Trump..I hear you are legal, i hear you are clean, you are a family man with a good job....the only reason you always give is Reagan and I cant deal Sir
My friend, keep dreaming. I loathe him for a reason. I see his iconic 95 storey building from my office every single day of the week. You have to see the kind of protests in front of the building. It's a nightmare driving home after work everyday. I have never seen this kind of opposition to an American President in my life. The guy is turning to a dictator right in front of our eyes. You ain't seen nothing yet because Americans will drive him into psychiatric home. Keep watching.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Yeligray(m): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2017
He is on point....please when will you stop governors in our country to seek medical attention in your country. This would be the best of all. Thankz.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by SalamRushdie: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Lucasbalo:
My friend, keep dreaming. I loathe him for a reason. I see his iconic 95 storey building from my office every single day of the week. You have to see the kind of protests in front of the building. It's a nightmare driving home after work everyday. I have never seen this kind of opposition to an American President in my life. The guy is turning to a dictator right in front of our eyes. You ain't seen nothing yet because Americans will drive him into psychiatric home. Keep watching.

Please give him a chance ..If Trump steps out of line I will be the first person to say it ..right now he is very on course ..I appeal to all of you who dont really know why you hate him other than you were all brain washed by main stream media to please give President Donald Trump a Chance to fix the world ..God bless Earth ,God blessAmerica, God bless Trump

1 Like

Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2017
iWise:

Typical. Liberals and their insatiable craving for drama.
It's easier for you to leak the rear of a Bigot whose supporters will hang you on a cross in a corn field. Come over and let me drop you in the middle of Appalachia and see what will happen to you.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by iWise(m): 11:43am On Jan 31, 2017
Lucasbalo:
It's easier for you to leak the rear of a Bigot whose supporters will hang you on a cross in a corn field. Come over and let me drop you in the middle of Appalachia and see what will happen to you.

Oga abeg park well. I'm not in the mood for a back and forth with you. As an aside, it is not appropriate to assume that every person on this forum who don't accept your views on this issue is a Buhari supporter or lives in Nigeria for that matter. Have a nice day mister.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 11:43am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Please give him a chance ..If Trump steps out of line I will be the first person to say it ..right now he is very on course ..I appeal to all of you who dont really know why you hate him other than you were all brain washed by main stream media to please give President Donald Trump a Chance to fix the world ..God bless Earth ,God blessAmerica, God bless Trump
I agree with you on God Bless Earth,Nigeria and America. Trump is a cancer on America. It's gonna be a case of buyers remorse. If he do something well, I will support him because i sincerely believe is being good is good for America. Look at the closest people to him. They are all flaming and Bigots. His chief Counselor and strategist is Steve Bannon and is an avowed racist. In a multi cultural society, that's a big no.
Re: Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 31, 2017
modath:

So? Don't be a killjoy. Let's celebrate a little crazy before coming back down to earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Launches 80 Hypersonic Missiles Against Ukraine / Ghana Protests Over Inflation / Gambian Army Chief Rejoicing After Barrow's Inauguration (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.