Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert (24412 Views)

Lagos Directs Civil Servants From Level 13 To Resume Monday / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos / Lagos Airport Guard Discovers, Returns N1.2m Belonging To The Owner (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by ijustdey: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2017
Busted! School Cert Holder From Imo Working As Level 13 Medical Officer In Kogi

BY SAM EGWU

There was a mild drama at the venue of the Kogi State staff screening appeal committee yesterday when a lady, Alalonu Vivian Salawu, confessed how one-time deputy governor of the state, Dr. Philip Salawu, approved her appointment as medical officer on grade level 13, step 6 despite her having only a secondary school certificate with four credits.

Immediately the anomaly was discovered, the lady who hails from Imo State, was referred to the quality assurance team of the committee where, on further interrogation, the fraud was uncovered.

She said, “The former deputy governor, Dr Philip Salawu, directed his personal assistant to write the application on my behalf and I was asked to sign. Salawu immediately recommended me for employment as medical officer, a directive which was immediately carried out by the permanent secretary.

“I was taking the salary to the wife of the former deputy governor’s wife through her personal assistant while they gave me only N15,000 every month. When they were about to leave government, Salawu quickly directed that I be converted to a clerical officer and I was posted out of his office to the Office of the Head of Service.”

http://leadership.ng/news/569324/kogi-screening-committee-discovers-level-13-medical-officer-with-school-cert

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by CHOPUP411(m): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2017
Haba,school cert a doctor this country is doom

18 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Benjom(m): 7:39am On Jan 31, 2017
This is just an example of what's still prevalent in our weak system. Ghost workers occupying juicy posts while qualified Nigerians are still waiting on the queue for the "ghosts to die" in order to take over... Hian!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by amiibaby(f): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2017
Okay
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by recievesense: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2017
let's see what the guy below me has to say

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by hyfr(m): 11:00am On Jan 31, 2017
A doctor with only secondary school certificate. Lol well even your president doesn't even have one. I'm not moved

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by powerfulsettingz: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2017
That's Naija for you

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by lilfreezy: 11:00am On Jan 31, 2017
undecided
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by elijahsinto(m): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2017
God have mercy!!!
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by wellmax(m): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2017
That's the sad reality of our corrupt system.
Stop blaming PDP and APC, anti corruption begins with YOU ordinary Nigerians

18 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by CXLVII: 11:01am On Jan 31, 2017
Obatala o!

This one would have issued enough visa to the great beyond.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by BUSHHUNTER: 11:01am On Jan 31, 2017
She should resign

Some even present PHCN bill as certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by recievesense: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2017
CHOPUP411:
Haba,school cert a doctor this country is doom

Did u read?

9 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:02am On Jan 31, 2017
One of the many way our politrickcians acquire their wealth shocked shocked shocked

At that level, the salary will be over a hundred thousand yet a peanut was given to a poor lady who is likely to take the fall for their crimes. SMH

They are the source of the problem and they are the same people looking for the solution undecided

Can that problem ever have a solution

A food for thought to all meaningful Nigerians.

Leaders who are not fit to even be followers.

Very shameful!

6 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by belloabd1914(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2017
There is a good side to the screening exercise after all.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Bigajeff(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2017
Have you ever heard where ghost dies again, so ghost workers lives on, unless there is a proactive effort to smoke them out of the system
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Lexusgs430: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2017
Medical officer and not Doctor......
Been a medical officer would entail roles that are not medical evasive in nature...

4 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by ginajet(f): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2017
Kogi I hail una ooooo
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by kuuljay(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2017
An IMO state woman with ordinary school certificate working in kogi state civil service as a medical staff...I think buhari should be held responsible for this grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Agimor(m): 11:05am On Jan 31, 2017
If Bubu can ascend to the highest office in Nigeria with a school cert, then I'm not surprised at this.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Realhommie(m): 11:05am On Jan 31, 2017
That former deputy gov should be prosecuted, can you imagine this nonsense..

This sort of fraud is still prevalent in both fg and state civil services.. Corruption remains our bane and until we take a stand to fight and eliminate it to a large extent it will kill us.

Poor woman, the job was never hers but the dep gov's wife's.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by eleojo23: 11:06am On Jan 31, 2017
From the story, the woman never enjoyed the salary.

It was a plot by the deputy governor to siphon money to his own pocket without being detected.

What an evil genius!

He should be prosecuted.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by jd1986(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2017
Chai!
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by frenzydilz(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2017
Benjom:
This is just an example of what's still prevalent in our weak system. Ghost workers occupying juicy posts while qualified Nigerians are still waiting on the line for the ghosts to die so as to take over... Hian!
Comical grin

7 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by dust144(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2017
Start with ministry of health and see the worst.
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by enigma2007(m): 11:12am On Jan 31, 2017
Agimor:
If Bubu can ascend to the highest office in Nigeria with a school cert, then I'm not surprised at this.

This is becoming stale.. Blame the people that crafted the constitution.

A - The President of the Federation

130. (1) There shall be for the Federation a President.

(2) The President shall be the Head of State, the Chief Executive of the Federation and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation.

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -

(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;

(b) he has attained the age of forty years;

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

7 Likes

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Histrings08(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2017
Won ni Kure..
Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by Cadamlk: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2017
I was taking the salary to the wife of the former deputy governor’s wife through her personal assistant while they gave me only N15,000 every month.

Chaii!!! shocked shocked shocked The wife of a deputy Governor fraudulently circumventing the state with such dubious tactics.

Infact ,the formal deputy governor, his wife and the aide should be locked in the same prison cell with those hardened Boko Haram inmates. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by enigma2007(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2017
The PMB's SSCE issue is really becoming stale. People should take out time to read the laws of the land concerning eligibility for elections into the office of the president and if you are dissatisfied, then put pressure on your reps/senators to modify the laws to upgrade the minimum to B.Sc or whatever.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2017
Jonathan Killed Off Nigeria With Corruption!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! / CBN Bars Banks From Sacking More Than 5 Staff Without Approval / What Do You Advise Me To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.