Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:58 PM

Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? (2186 Views)

Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi / How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ / RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by gbengarock: 8:53am On Jan 31, 2017
ASO-EBI... My Ibo brethren, WHY?

This has been of great disturbance to me for some while now.

A Yoruba person sells Aso-Ebi just to add colour and uniformity to his/her occasion but an Ibo person sells solely for profit making.

A Yoruba person can buy the Aso-Ebi material for #2000 at the market and sell for #2,500. You that buy the Aso-Ebi is entitle to special food at the occasion and also so many different packages like umbrella, salt, match stick pack, turning garri stick, key holder, slippers, book, bucket, bowl etc. which will be even more than the #500 the person added.

But the Ibo man/woman will buy the material for #1500 at the market and sell to his/her friends for #4000 yet the friends won't be giving food neither will they be given any package.

Must it always be for the money.
What about the uniformity, colour, oneness, unity...

4 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by Emescot(m): 9:00am On Jan 31, 2017
How many Igbo marriage diz wan don attend wey e dey talk grin

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by deity: 9:06am On Jan 31, 2017
You get a souvenir only if you are dropping a gift so its an exchange

3 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2017
lol
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by sisisioge: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Anything with my Nnes and Nnas in it translates to business!

5 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by gbengarock: 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Emescot:
How many Igbo marriage diz wan don attend wey e dey talk grin
What's this one saying
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
You no get food for house? tongue tongue tongue
Anyway you have a point though.A friend of mine last year placed her aso ebi for 20k.I didn't go for the wedding which is an 8hours drive and as well didn't buy the aso ebi.HEARD everything Cost her less than 7k.

She no dey holla again and me no send her. undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by soonest(f): 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
Gbengarock, may inferiority complex not kill you.
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by gbengarock: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
soonest:
Gbengarock, may inferiority complex not kill you.
I doubt u know wat inferiority complex is
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by obiaguna(m): 1:56am On Feb 03, 2017
That's just one Igbo person but you couldn't help yourself. It's understandable. Nobody can force you or point a gun to your head asking you to buy asoebi. What can you do? - Don't buy that particular asoebi. Attend only weddings that you can "afford" the asoebi. Easy.
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by obiaguna(m): 1:57am On Feb 03, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

Anything with my Nnes and Nnas in it translates to business!

"Time is money". Oge a diro.
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by jashar(f): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2017
... undecided undecided undecided

I totally disagree with the Op.....

But lemme not talk.
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
Op is right
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by withoutborders: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
Check out my blog post on this aso ebi headache at hello people,
https://365dayswithoutborders./2017/02/02/the-aso-ebi-headache-part-1-what-is-it-all-about/. Like comment and subscribe and stay tuned for my post on how to slay without aso ebi and its gbese, this week.
Re: Aso-ebi.. My Ibo Brethren, Why? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
First things first, Aso-ebi is a Yoruba culture that has been adopted by other tribes. and the cloth is supposed to be for the "ebi" (family). but now couples sell to every tom, dycke and harry for the profit.
That said, Yoruba weddings are lit -food drinks, music, fun etc. I can't say no to a Yoruba wedding whenever invited. whether or not I'm wearing the Aso-ebi, I'm confident of my VIP status.

but I really won't attend an Igbo wedding or party. I've done so twice, I left early and it was a bad experience.

(1) (Reply)

Going Bald At Just 24 / What Happened That Made You Realized You Don't Have A Family / Weak Manhood And Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.