Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,439 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews (28219 Views)

Never Put These 5 Things On Your CV When Applying For A Job In Nigeria / 12 Reasons Your CV Isn’t Getting You Interviews / 3 Ways A Dirty Mindset Can Deny You A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Marrtynze(m): 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
Wow, this is a nice read, learnt from it, thanks a lot op
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by BiafranBushBoy: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
drnoel:

That wasn't meant to be an insult. No hard feeling.

Ok Sir.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by BiafranBushBoy: 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Okay OP very true but my attention was drawn to the number 3.
I don't understand, are you of the opinion that the status should be completely removed from the CV or are you saying that applicant should always write single except on some cases.
Please clarify

If you are single.. and it won't affect your chances... insert it.

If you are married... remove it completely.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

If you are single.. and it won't affect your chances... insert it.

If you are married... remove it completely.
OK. I use to think status is one of the basic things that makes up CV.
I never knew it can be exempted undecided
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by sucess001(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
so i should start designing cv to suit a particular job?

i tink we over focus on cvs than the skills you need to do a good job.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by BiafranBushBoy: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

OK. I use to think status is one of the basic things that makes up CV.
I never knew it can be exempted undecided

Like my friend would say.. "Only the singles are free" cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
Self employment na d way now o
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by BiafranBushBoy: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
sucess001:
so i should start designing cv to suit a particular job?

i tink we over focus on cvs than the skills you need to do a good job.

How will they know you have the skills without your CV? shocked

in rare cases only wink
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Hassy4(f): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ver very ....i mean very informative. God bless u richly and make me land my dream job this january!!!
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by BiafranBushBoy: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hassy4:
Ver very ....i mean very informative. God bless u richly and make me land my dream job this january!!!

Just Behind up your CV and cover letter. Send out introduction letters too. Let those guys claiming HR's see you as the messiah they need to employ.

God is watching over you smiley
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by sucess001(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

How will they know you have the skills without your CV? shocked

in rare cases only wink

wat purpose does getting the job thru a good cv serve when you have no skill set to execute the job?
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by emma2406(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
I fact some post are full lubbish like this one, a way some employees will ask you your marital status, so will skip it, abi even objectives should be show in ur CV but make it short and meaningful enough....
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by gbagyiza: 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
I have issues with 2 & 3 you pointed out.pls when bringing an important topic like this do your reseach well. Engage experience minds on d subject matter for proper guiding b4 posting. Including your location in a cv does not matter for a well organized firm, because included in their pakages r housing allowance which covers d issue of your accomodation. Some of d questions u may be ask during d interview is that, r you ready to relocate.Any organization best on my interviews experience that consider location, they actually indicate that prefer candidate should be a resident of d state in which d company is located.And dont expect any good package from that company.In d case of indicating your marrital status, some even asked for d name n ages of your children for better packages that will motivate u to put your best for d job.A friend was employed in an organization inwhich he did not captured his marrital status in his cv, they denied him access to enjoy education allowance that is been paid to their staff..He could not approach d management because it might lead to his disengagement frm service.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by BiafranBushBoy: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
gbagyiza:
I have issues with 2 & 3 you pointed out.pls when bringing an important topic like this do your reseach well. Engage experience minds on d subject matter for proper guiding b4 posting. Including your location in a cv does not matter for a well organized firm, because included in their pakages r housing allowance which covers d issue of your accomodation. Some of d questions u may be ask during d interview is that, r you ready to relocate.Any organization best on my interviews experience that consider location, they actually indicate that prefer candidate should be a resident of d state in which d company is located.And dont expect any good package from that company.In d case of indicating your marrital status, some even asked for d name n ages of your children for better packages that will motivate u to put your best for d job.A friend was employed in an organization inwhich he did not captured his marrital status in his cv, they denied him access to enjoy education allowance that is been paid to their staff..He could not approach d management because it might lead to his disengagement frm service.

The issue is that people like you sound so intelligent typing behind keyboards. How many of our job seekers here apply to the so called big firms. I am writing about the average firms that employ youths to keep the body and soul together and you are typing about big organizations that recruits once in a blue moon. Please!

How many average firms in lagos would do all those stuff you mentioned?
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by noblenasri(m): 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
nice 1 cool
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by emeths: 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
dusting my CV.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by piagetskinner(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
So we should keep editing cvs upandan...anytime a new opening pops up just to suit the organisational objectives?that one is a job on its own...

While others get jobs through the back door without cvs
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by itsede: 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Story.....some people no submit CV sef..dem don get job!!!
How about we that need to submit the CV before landing the job?
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Origin(f): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
The number one problem is using your father's name.

TESTED AND TRUSTED.

Use T Y Danjuma as surname
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Hassy4(f): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Just Behind up your CV and cover letter. Send out introduction letters too. Let those guys claiming HR's see you as the messiah they need to employ.

God is watching over you smiley
U mean I should be using the 3 to apply? My cv, cover letter and introduction letter. Tnxxx, God will watch over you too bro
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Vikkie14: 3:17am On Feb 23, 2017
Vikky014, been awhile I've seen your post on this platform.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Vikky014(f): 5:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Vikkie14:
Vikky014, been awhile I've seen your post on this platform.
lol. gudmorning swthrt. hw is evrytin?i only read other people's comment and giv dem likes
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Vikkie14: 7:49am On Feb 23, 2017
Vikky014:
lol. gudmorning swthrt. hw is evrytin?i only read other people's comment and giv dem likes
Morning Dear. We thank Eledumare. That's alright. Hope all is well? Have a splendid week.
Re: 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews by Vikky014(f): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2017
Vikkie14:
Morning Dear. We thank Eledumare. That's alright. Hope all is well? Have a splendid week.
fyn dear. hv a gr8 day

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDLEA 2019 Recruitment: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 5,000 Personnel For NDLEA / Nigerian Army List Of Successful Candidates 2019 (DSSC 24 & SSC 45) / Mountain Top University Massive Recruitment For Non-teaching Staff Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.