Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence (2526 Views)

Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) / Two Nigerians Arrested In Thailand For Cocaine Production In Their House / NDLEA Arrests Two Suspects For Cocaine Trafficking (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 3:51am On Dec 02, 2009
Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence
December 01, 2009 11:19, 312 views

By Simon Ateba

A 64-year old mother of six has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for ingesting 80 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.060 kilogrammes.

The suspect, Mrs. Afolayan Elizabeth Adeniyo, who resides in Ibadan, the Oyo State Capital, was apprehended at the Maurtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos, while trying to board an Iberia flight to Paris.

NDLEA, in a statement this morning by its Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, said the mother of six children claimed she needed money to pay for her children’s school fees.

“I lost my husband 10 years ago and I have six children. A lady that used to give me money and food is the one that led me into the drug business. She wanted to take my daughters abroad for prostitution but I refused. I want them to be educated because I did not go to school. She took me to Benin where I swallowed 60 bitter cola. She then gave me N10,000. After that, she gave me the drugs to swallow and took me in her car to Lagos airport. She promised to pay me 3,000 Euro out of which she gave me 1,000 Euro,” the suspect narrated.

Another fifty-five year old mother of four and five other suspects were also caught by NDLEA operatives for importing and exporting illicit drugs. Two of the suspects were arrested on their way from Brazil while five were intercepted during outward screening of passengers.

NDLEA Assistant Commander, Operations and Intelligence at the airport, Mr. Adeofe Olufemi Adeyemi, who is also the acting commander, gave the names of the other suspects as Omolara Owolabi Agbeke, 55, Aganama Elechukwu, 34, Udide Afam Okwudili, 37, Chukwukelu Ebuka Peter, 32, Nwachukwu Aloysius Nnamdi, 39 and Okwara Festus, 31.

Another mother of four, Mrs. Omolara Owolabi Agbeke, who claims to be a sachet water hawker at Mushin, was nabbed yesterday at about 9.30 a.m on her way to London on Arik Air.

According to the NDLEA, the suspect confessed to have ingested 100 wraps of illicit drugs, adding that she was promised money for the act.

“I am married with four children. I have been selling sachet water at Mushin market for the past six years. I needed money to take care of my children because I am tired of selling water. I did not tell my husband because I know he will not agree to it. I collected the drug at Mushin market, took it home and swallowed it in my house when the children were not at home,” Omolara stated

Another suspect, Udide Afam Okwudili, was nabbed on Wednesday, 18 November, 2009 trying to board a KLM flight to Amsterdam. The auto parts dealer who has a shop at Sadiku Street, Lagos was said to have ingested 85 pieces of cocaine weighing 1.625 kg. “I was taken to a hotel at Kirikiri where they brought 100 pieces of the drug in an empty pack of Nescafe but I was able to ingest only 85. They gave me 1,200 Euro out of the 3,000 Euro they promised to pay me. I did it because my father’s burial comes up in January next year and I am the first son,” Udide stated.

Chukwukelu Ebuka Peter, a street hawker in Brazil, was arrested on Saturday, 21 November, 2009 during inward screening of South Africa airline passengers from Brazil.

He was alleged to have swallowed 63 pieces of cocaine and was to be paid half a million naira.  Okwara Festus, who ingested 87 wraps of cocaine was also arrested while returning from Brazil. He was to be paid half a million naira.

Aganama Elechukwu was on his way to Amsterdam on 14 November, 2009 when he was caught at the airport. NDLEA said he excreted 34 pieces of cocaine weighing 655 grammes, while Nwachukwu Aloysius Nnamdi, who lives in Spain, was caught on Sunday, 22 November, 2009. He had 86 pieces of drugs and was taking them to Madrid, Spain. He was to be paid 2,500 Euros. The agency said all the suspects will soon be charged to court.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 3:53am On Dec 02, 2009
I have browsed the net extensively to see if I can find any article detailing other Nigerian women involved in drug traficking. Most of what turned up were always articles involving Yoruba women. Why is this so? Are Yoruba women more greedy than others Nigerian women? The above is just one example but if you google it you will find many others

One can understand about male drug traficking but women are supposed to be the weaker sex not so?
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 02, 2009
^^ you seem sex starved. Hence all this attention seeking on the internet.

have you been lying about being married?

btw, explain what there is to understand about male drug trafficking. Its more understandable because they're from your tribe?
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:03am On Dec 02, 2009
tpia. lolol
really? you say that to him? i always say that to you! that was really hilarious mehn.
@ poster
i dont think its right to say "yoruba women and drug trafficking" cause im pretty sure every tribe is out there.
i get so tired of these generalized statements.
maybe thats its more common to find a yoruba woman/person out there doing it, but im pretty sure others are out there too, they just havent been caught.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 4:46am On Dec 02, 2009
TPia,
Every naija tribe has male drug traffickers, though Igbo top there. But MOSTLY only Yoruba women are involved in drugs. I will post at least 10 articles if you are in doubt
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 02, 2009
^^ I'm constantly amazed at the level of narrowmindedness you display.

Dont know how you say these things with a straight face.

Post your 10 articles- its a free world.

Thats like me saying ONLY Igbo men are involved in drug trafficking.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 5:15am On Dec 02, 2009
1. One of the earliest known cases of drug abuse involving a Nigerian was one Iyabo Olorunkoya, who was sentenced to jail in the 1970s following an attempt to smuggle marijuana into the United Kingdom.

2.  Morenike Fausatu Lawal almost made it into history books as the first woman to be killed by firing squad for drug trafficking in Nigeria.

3. Female Yoruba actress, Hassanat Akinwande

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/travels/2005/july/28/travels-28-07-2005-001.htm

More to come + the 2 in first post
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 5:19am On Dec 02, 2009
57-year-old widow, Mrs. Adeleke Abisola Mariam

http://thepmnews.com/2009/04/16/garri-palm-oil-now-used-to-smuggle-cocaine

Biodun

16 April 2009 16:51

99% of female drug couriers are Yoruba. 60% of all drug couriers (mostly males) are Igbo, the rest are Yoruba and Edo/Delta
http://thepmnews.com/2009/04/16/garri-palm-oil-now-used-to-smuggle-cocaine
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 02, 2009
I really cant believe how short sighted you are, in your everlasting quest to prove you're a "superior" tribe.

read this:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:-iY7tN7tal0J:againstbabangida.com/docs/gloriaokon.pdf+ndlea&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

do any of the names mentioned ring a bell?

Are the main players in that report Yoruba women?

The Nigerian educational system is turning out people with your mindset?

Or where did you study?
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 5:26am On Dec 02, 2009
^^^^^^^
Its just Gloria Okon (Calabar) and Madike (Igbo), and the rest are 3 males (Yoruba) and one Igbo
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 5:36am On Dec 02, 2009
The two ladies, Adebiyi Tawakalitu Abeje, 48 and Oputa Belema (Ijaw), 45, were intercepted with 1.115kg and 1.070 kg of cocaine respectively which they had ingested.
http://news.biafranigeriaworld.com/archive/2004/sep/02/011.html
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 02, 2009
I hope you don't mind I changed the title and moved your thread.

1. I don't condone tribalism.
2. I hate misplaced threads.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 5:44am On Dec 02, 2009
^^^^
Its your call. No qualms
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 02, 2009
Perfect settlement.

Enjoy your thread. smiley
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 02, 2009
Nchara:

^^^^^^^
Its just Gloria Okon (Calabar) and the rest are 3 males (Yoruba) and one Igbo

Jennifer Madike is also Calabar?

these were all very high profile cases mind you.

btw, you're now deporting Gloria Okon to Calabar because you want to badmouth Yoruba women?

how childish.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 5:55am On Dec 02, 2009
^^^^^
Read me: I said mostly Yoruba (more than 90%). Do the math from the names I have while I get more. It is a matter of numbers. Okon is definitely Calabar while Madike is Igbo.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 02, 2009
^^ its more a matter of who gets caught by customs.

Your proof of Okon's ethnicity?
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 6:00am On Dec 02, 2009
Every one knows Gloria Okon is Calabar. Google it. If you argue, you are the one to proove me wrong.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 02, 2009
^^ why dont you google it and post your findings.

and who is "everyone"?

are you one of the "everyone" who knows Gloria Okon, and if so, why are you opening stupid threads to attack Yoruba women in this shameless manner like person wey no get game.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 6:14am On Dec 02, 2009
http://www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-politics/26124-execution-nigerian-men-women.html
Date of execution Place of execution Name Nationality Gender Charge
3.9.99 Jeddah Safira Ogunbiyi Salami Nigerian female drug smuggling
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 02, 2009
Is Okiri Angela a Yoruba name abi you wan claim Calabar for am.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/16112009/news/news19.html
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 6:53am On Dec 02, 2009
I can see you googling with desperation to find an Igbo woman drug traficker. Try harder. For every one Igbo woman there are 50 Yoruba women
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2009
Nchara:

She is Edo and that makes her your cousin
http://allafrica.com/stories/200911180103.html
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2009/nov/19/crimewatch-19-11-2009-001.htm

she claims Edo but has an Igbo name.

abi Okiri/Okri is calabar?
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 02, 2009
Nchara:

I can see you googling with desperation to find an Igbo woman drug traficker. Try harder. For every one Igbo woman there are 50 Yoruba women

I'm googling with desperation and you are doing what?

gaggling with ignorance?

Like I said before- the key word here is CAUGHT. As in who gets caught by customs officials/NDLEA.

I'm just descending to your level today- I dont normally have time for this type of trash.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 6:57am On Dec 02, 2009
Okiri is not Igbo. Okiro is Igbo. You should be old enough to know Nigerian names or are you one of those Yoruba who do not know anything outside Yorubaland?

1 Like

Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 02, 2009
Nchara:

Okiri is not Igbo. Okiro is Igbo. You should be old enough to know Nigerian names or are you one of those Yoruba who do not know anything outside Yorubaland?

you want to fight everybody because you're Igbo but you dont know an Igbo name when you hear one?

na fake Igbo you be.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 6:58am On Dec 02, 2009
I am googling with ease because Yoruba female druggers are easy to find
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 7:00am On Dec 02, 2009
Did you read the links indicating where she comes from or are you so desperate that every name sounds Igbo to you? Loser Tilapia
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 7:01am On Dec 02, 2009
A 31-year-old woman has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) with 92 wraps of heroine, 14 of which she stuffed inside her hair.

The suspect, Angela Okiri, was arrested at the departure lounge of Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, last Sunday.

A native of Oredo in Edo State, Angela was heading for Italy on board Alitalia flight, when she was reportedly tested positive during screening of passengers.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 02, 2009
Nchara:

I am googling with ease because Yoruba female druggers are easy to find

google away then!!

however,  you dont own google, so try to move your behind to one side so others can also use it.
Re: Woman 64, Held For Cocaine Offence by Nchara: 7:02am On Dec 02, 2009
A 31-year-old woman has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) with 92 wraps of heroine, 14 of which she stuffed inside her hair.

The suspect, Angela Okiri, was arrested at the departure lounge of Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, last Sunday.

A native of Oredo in Edo State, Angela was heading for Italy on board Alitalia flight, when she was reportedly tested positive during screening of passengers.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200911180103.html

=============================================================================================================

It is said that a woman’s beauty is her hair. But that can no longer be said of Angela Okiri, who was arrested recently at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport(MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos, over hard drug.

According to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency(NDLEA), she concealed fourteen wraps on her well braided hair.

The 31 years old suspect from Edo State, also swallowed fifty-six wraps of heroin and packed twenty-two wraps inside sanitary pad in her handbag.
Angela was among the four suspects nabbed recently by the narcotic agents.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2009/nov/19/crimewatch-19-11-2009-001.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bizarre : Man Sets Wife Ablaze / See What The Nigeria Police Did To The SARS Officer That Killed Kolade Johnson / Prostitutes Fight And Naked Themselves In Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.