Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration (1221 Views)

Drama Between An MTN Customer Care Agent & A Yoruba Man They Wiped His Balance / How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / How Do You Cope With GLO Data Network Frustration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration by Merteenz(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
I lost my phone to a team of professional burglars some weeks back, and since then I have been trying to get my treasured number back to its communicative functions, but these Most Terrible Network (MTN) have frustrated my efforts in getting my SIM card back. The last encounter with their agents this morning was the climax of my vexation, as the so called 'Live Chat' was taken about 3 minutes for a 5-worded sentence response, as if that was not enough the agent redirected me back to those time wasting staff at their various offices. The same thing happens when you ring there call center, they would spend hours processing your request after already wasting your time in their stupid menu with ads. I have always nursed a kind of paranoia with MTN though. And the pictures below is our interaction. I hope this gets to the top shakers at MTN or else they would regret it in 10 years time when I start my telecomms firm.
#Nonsense

Re: Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration by Merteenz(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2017

MARTINS
How do I swap my sime online 1:32 PM

You are now chatting with Caroline

CAROLINE
Thank you for contacting the MTN Web Chat Channel. 1:32 PM

MARTINS
Thanks. Lets get to business 1:34 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________My question needs an answer 1:34 PM

CAROLINE
________________________________________ Good Morning Martins. 1:36 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________Good Morning Caroline 1:36 PM

MARTINS
I lost my phone recently and there is no way I ca get to any MTN office 1:36 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________and i do need the sim badly 1:36 PM

CAROLINE
Apologies for the lost of sim. 1:38 PM

CAROLINE
Please be informed that all Sim swap can only be done in the office. 1:38 PM

CAROLINE
Tariff plan (MTN Supersaver, trutalk, zone, etc.),
5 Regularly dialed numbers,
A valid identity card,
A welcome back pack fee of N150
PUK number and
Correct details of your SIM registration (Your full name, address and date of birth).
1:40 PM

MARTINS
But most of your offices do not have the software to swap sim cards with the security numbers and user ID. One would still have to wait for years on the quees 1:40 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________*queue 1:41 PM

CAROLINE
Apologies for the inconvenience. 1:41 PM

MARTINS
Besides your office in Tunga, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria charges a whooping 550 naira for the said welcome back pack 1:42 PM

MARTINS
The one in Kpakungu, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria charges about a thouand naira for same 1:43 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________Aint that outrageous 1:43 PM

CAROLINE
Please be informed that welcome back sim cost N150 only. 1:44 PM

MARTINS
Then what am I expected to do when your representatives demands 550 1:44 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________I don't have all day 1:47 PM

CAROLINE
Kindly be informed that N550 welcome back includes N400 recharge card. 1:47 PM

MARTINS
Why must I purchase the recharge card. I can get from the vendors if I want one 1:48 PM

MARTINS
Must it be attached to getting back my sim card? 1:48 PM

CAROLINE
________________________________________ No please. 1:49 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________Then why 550 1:49 PM

MARTINS
I don't think there is a quality asurance department in your organization 1:50 PM

MARTINS
Most of those staff are very rude, they don't bother to give explanations to demanding customers like myself, Isn't that enough to bore someone out? 1:51 PM

CAROLINE
Apologies for the inconvenience. 1:52 PM

MARTINS
And you'd waste a colourful day trying to get little things done, Is that not bad? 1:52 PM

CAROLINE
Apologies for the inconvenience. 1:52 PM

CAROLINE
Is there anything else you would like me to assist you with? 1:54 PM

MARTINS
When MTN security number was being advertised, I can vivdly remeber the lines "No long queues, no long stories, no sim packs, no affidavit e.t.c" is that not a complete opposite of what's happening now 1:54 PM

MARTINS
Now you want to end the chat because you're bored of doing you job. Huh? 1:55 PM

MARTINS
Before you go, just MAKE SURE THIS GETS TO YOUR EMPLOYERS 1:56 PM

MARTINS
________________________________________ 1:56 PM
angry angry angry angry angry angry

CAROLINE
Apologies for inconveniences. 1:56 PM

Re: Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration by Luizkid(m): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
No, you're the cause of your own frustration, u know the simple steps to do a welcome back but you must speak all ur grammar because data is soo cheap. Oga carry at least N600 to d nearest mtn shop n do ur welcome back joor.. we hav enuf problems already

1 Like

Re: Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration by bamac(m): 2:56pm On May 19, 2018
Op, apologies on your experience. But i will advice you go to a nearest MTN showroom for your sim swap. Gone are thd days when sim swap were dome on calls, NCC directed that actions like such requires physical attention of the customer because of the finger print and pictures that is required for security purpose.

Just go and pay the money if you really want the number back and save yourself of the stress and headach of complaining, don't jeopadize the job of the agent that attended to you as she cannot do more than what she had done.

(1) (Reply)

ZTE Blade X Max Specification And Price / Huawei Honor Note 9 Price In Nigeria(jumia & Konga) / How To Join Infinix Xclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.