Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br (829 Views)

Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife / Yorubas Have No Ancestral Link With Igbo, Olugbo Tells Ooni / Hausa/Fulani Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Nigeria [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:47am On Feb 01, 2017
The boy escaped, but we were able to get Adamu. We called the police and handed him over to them.”

Whhatt!!! shocked

Here is what happened.

A tribal riot started in Igando, Lagos, after a Hausa man allegedly killed a Yoruba driver

- The duo reportedly fought over N30 ($0.06, black market rate) which led to the death of the driver
- Friends of the deceased took to the street and attacked every Hausa man they could find

Riot started on Monday, January 30, on Mojeed street, Igando Lagos, when a 40-year-old Hausa trader, Ibrahim Adamu, allegedly killed a bus driver, Lekan Adeleke.

Residents and family of the deceased reportedly blocked the street, made bon fire and chased Hausa traders out of the area.

According to a report by ThePunch, trouble started when the deceased had bought noodles worth N230 from the suspect’s son on Sunday, January 29, around 10.30pm.

He was reported to have paid N200 and promised to pay the balance of N30 the following day, which did not go down well with the suspect’s son

The son allegedly reported to his father, Adamu, who became angry and attacked the 30-year-old Adeleke with a spiked plank.

The victim reportedly slumped and hit his head against the concrete edge of a gutter in the area.

A friend of the victim, Kehinde Akinduro, said Adamu had a kiosk where he sold confectioneries, while the son sold noodles beside the kiosk.

He explained that Adeleke had actually paid the balance of N30 to the suspect’s son.

He said: “He was joking with the boy that despite being a customer, he went and reported him to his father. They started abusing each other. At this time, the son was already preparing noodles for me on the instruction of Adeleke.

“The next thing I saw was that Adamu, who was eavesdropping, brought out a spiked plank and hit Adeleke with it. I cautioned him, but he faced me and hit me in the leg. I sustained some injuries.

“When Adeleke saw that he could no longer handle the situation, he took to his heels. But the man followed him and hit him in the head as he tried to jump the gutter. He fell and hit his head against the edge of the gutter.

“When Adamu saw that he had become unconscious, he took him into his kiosk and poured water on his head. He was doing this when a large number of residents stormed the place. When he sighted them, he abandoned the man and took to his heels.”

He said the suspect, speaking in Hausa, asked his son to flee in another direction.

“The boy escaped, but we were able to get Adamu. We called the police and handed him over to them.”

The mob was said to have destroyed Adamu’s kiosk and set it on fire after Adeleke died around 12am on Monday.

The police public relations officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said investigations were ongoing.

She said: “It was a case of murder. One Adamu used a plank to hit a bus driver, Adeleke, in the head which led to his death. The corpse was deposited in the Mainland General Hospital morgue for autopsy."
Re: Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 01, 2017
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Whhatt!!! shocked

Here is what happened.

A tribal riot started in Igando, Lagos, after a Hausa man allegedly killed a Yoruba driver

- The duo reportedly fought over N30 ($0.06, black market rate) which led to the death of the driver
- Friends of the deceased took to the street and attacked every Hausa man they could find

Riot started on Monday, January 30, on Mojeed street, Igando Lagos, when a 40-year-old Hausa trader, Ibrahim Adamu, allegedly killed a bus driver, Lekan Adeleke.

Residents and family of the deceased reportedly blocked the street, made bon fire and chased Hausa traders out of the area.

According to a report by ThePunch, trouble started when the deceased had bought noodles worth N230 from the suspect’s son on Sunday, January 29, around 10.30pm.

He was reported to have paid N200 and promised to pay the balance of N30 the following day, which did not go down well with the suspect’s son

The son allegedly reported to his father, Adamu, who became angry and attacked the 30-year-old Adeleke with a spiked plank.

The victim reportedly slumped and hit his head against the concrete edge of a gutter in the area.

A friend of the victim, Kehinde Akinduro, said Adamu had a kiosk where he sold confectioneries, while the son sold noodles beside the kiosk.

He explained that Adeleke had actually paid the balance of N30 to the suspect’s son.

He said: “He was joking with the boy that despite being a customer, he went and reported him to his father. They started abusing each other. At this time, the son was already preparing noodles for me on the instruction of Adeleke.

“The next thing I saw was that Adamu, who was eavesdropping, brought out a spiked plank and hit Adeleke with it. I cautioned him, but he faced me and hit me in the leg. I sustained some injuries.

“When Adeleke saw that he could no longer handle the situation, he took to his heels. But the man followed him and hit him in the head as he tried to jump the gutter. He fell and hit his head against the edge of the gutter.

“When Adamu saw that he had become unconscious, he took him into his kiosk and poured water on his head. He was doing this when a large number of residents stormed the place. When he sighted them, he abandoned the man and took to his heels.”

He said the suspect, speaking in Hausa, asked his son to flee in another direction.

“The boy escaped, but we were able to get Adamu. We called the police and handed him over to them.”

The mob was said to have destroyed Adamu’s kiosk and set it on fire after Adeleke died around 12am on Monday.

The police public relations officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said investigations were ongoing.

She said: “It was a case of murder. One Adamu used a plank to hit a bus driver, Adeleke, in the head which led to his death. The corpse was deposited in the Mainland General Hospital morgue for autopsy."

hmmm
Re: Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 01, 2017
I dont see the fear here. Besides, first of all he clearly didnt mean to kill him because it wasnt the plank he was holding that killed him but the subsequent fall, he even tried to revive him afterwards so its is more of voluntary manslaughter.

If handing people over to the authorities is what you call fear, other people call that civilization. Do you reckon they should have killed him instead? Then they should be prosecuted for murder. You dont belong in a civilized society.

1 Like

Re: Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br by Obascoetubi: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2017
if igbo doesn't fear hausa/fulani, what happened in enugu last time?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Ooni Of Ife Travelling In A Local Transport In London / Oro Festival: Mixed Reactions Trail Curfew Imposed On Female Residents In Ikorod / The Binis And Yoruba Have Nothing In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.