Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Shadows Of The Green - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of The Green (114886 Views)

Above The Shadows / Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj / Shadows Of The Green Part Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows Of The Green by gtin(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2017
Bibi294:
Sorry for the delayed update.... I was in some kind of trauma earlier... Just coming out of my shell.... See you guys soon
Take ur time dear ur wellbeing is more important
Re: Shadows Of The Green by nikz(f): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2017
Bibi294:
Sorry for the delayed update.... I was in some kind of trauma earlier... Just coming out of my shell.... See you guys soon
Kpele ma dear. It's well with you
Re: Shadows Of The Green by doubleportion: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Bibi294:
Thanks for coming out of your shell! Be strong!
Life is beautiful grin

Waiting for the updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Re: Shadows Of The Green by talk2saintify(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2017
Bibi we're by yhur side no matter the level of trauma...jux remember tat

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of The Green by Bibi294(f): 11:13am On Mar 25, 2017
CHAPTER SEVEN
THE BLOOD

Gori was sitted in his father's room, his father walked in abruptly.
"Gori, bawo ni? I want to be sure your mother went out before I come in. Sheybi you know your mother and her wahala." He sat on a stool placed at a corner of the room. Gori smiled, he knew how smart and cunning his father could be.
" you know our family land that is in ona oko, I've finally inherited it after much fight. I'm my Father's son too. It was because my mother was never married to our father o. either marriage or not, I'm still his son, they share everything among themselves even when they know I was our father's favourite. I fought for what is mine and I'm happy I got it. I showed them all especially Look who called me a bastard, It is not easy being a powerful man..."he hit his chest boastfully.
"Baba, what do you want me to do now?" Gori cut in to save further stories.
"Gori, I want to build a house on that land, I want a mansion bigger than baba solo's house o."
"Have you done the estimation?" Gori asked
"Yes,you know Luckyman now, lickymsn the great contractor." Gori nodded in affirmation eben though he did not knew Luckyman. "He gave me lots of plan but the small one I settled for will cost thirteen million in three weeks." Baba Foluso explained, he looked into Gori's face longing for response.
"That is pretty much o. Thirteen million!"
"Gori, you know my family well now, I don't want to be subjected to ridicule among them. Jo o omo mi."
"Daddy, I am a student now. I don't work o."
"Gori, arugbo sho ge ri. I was once like you. I understand the kind business you children of nowadays are doing. I was aware of how you and Solo used Amara too o. Gori, I beg of you, do this for us your family." He pleaded convincingly.
"What will you tell Mummy? Where will you tell her you see money?" Gori was impatient, how did he knew he used Amara.
"Don't worry about her. I will handle her. She's my wife." He smiled sheepishly. "Gori see, I've suffered for you and your mother. It is the right time I started reaping the fruit of my labour o." Gori chuckled, he never knew if his father was saying the truth or not.
"Are you still operating your bank account?"
"Why not?"
"I will send the money to you tomorrow."
"All of it?"
"Yes but I will supervise the work myself. I don't want any delay. Three weeks should be three weeks o." Gori warned. His father was happy.
*******************************"**************************
Mrs Badmus walked down the staircase, her husband who had summoned her was sitting beside Olori ebi, a fair strange woman was sitted with a little boy in another seat. She greeted the guest and went to sit beside her husband. (That was her favourite position) a family portrait hung directly opposite her caught her gaze. It was during Kayode's sendoff party after the completion of her secondary school leaving examination.
"... My wife, I've been talking to you since." Olori ebi said as Akin tapped his wife.
"Sorry... Sorry Olori ebi." She composed herself.
"Iyawo mi, I understand you. I caught you staring at your late daughter's picture. It is not easy, she was your only child." He said while Mrs. Badmus fought back tears whelmed at the corners of her eyes.
"You see, there is reason for everything. See my wife, even though Kayode is dead, God have given us another Kayode. You see, this your useless and good for nothing husband, he had never done anything right."
"What has he done again?" Mrs. Badmus asked looking at the young woman sitted across the room,she knew where everything was heading to.
"I was in my house yesterday when he came with this lady." He pointed at the young lady, mrs. Badmus eyes travelled alongside his hand till they fell on the young chap, he was the replica of her randy husband Akin.
"Baba, don't bother yourself, I know he brought a newwife already. After all, I am now a barren. Young lady." She stood up. "Enjoy your stay here o." She said and left. She reminisced on how Kayode would advice her to keep standing her fathers behavior all because of her but not she had gone, she had no reasons of staying in such marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of The Green by doubleportion: 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
Welcome back bibi! Thanks for the update
Hmmm! Our people says "you can marry a bad wife, but don't settle for a bad in laws".
Re: Shadows Of The Green by stephenGee12(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hurray bibi is back again. Welcome ma..
In jenifa's voice"how is u".

Keep un updating ooo.

IREMAINURCERTIFIEDGEE
#teamGori
Re: Shadows Of The Green by queenitee(f): 8:22am On Mar 27, 2017
I miss this story
Re: Shadows Of The Green by Bibi294(f): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
"Baba Foluso,where are you seeing all this money you're spending? You're a contract driver for Christ sake!" Mama Gori asked as she retied her wrapper.
"Mama Foluso, how many times will I warn you to stop trying wrapper across your chest in this house? Are you an old woman?" He complained.
"Daddy wa, you can see there is heat and I can't bear the heat now. I told you to buy a fan."
"Don't worry, Mama Folu, I will take you to our new house tomorrow. there are lots of fans there." He boasted.
"You started barely three weeks ago." She was surprised.
"Sheybi I told you those times you were complaining I don't spend money. I told you money is coming. All these money is my life savings. I have bee keeping them since I married you." He boasted, Mama Gori was confused, she could never be convinced easily. Arguing with Baba Foluso was not the right thing, she knew him. She just kept quiet and prayed he had not gotten himself into some mess.
"God will kuku save you." She muttered softly and left.
"Daddy, this people really tried o. I personally like these plastering... Who did the POP? ...I love the colour of this tiles.Oh my God, they have fixed the water basin... The plumber tried o...." He was commenting as he and his father were surveying. Baba Gori was so nervous, he had mixed feeling and was about changing his mind.
"Gori." Baba Foluso called suddenly, they were already at the back of the building.
"Daddy, why haven't they plastered the fence?" Gori asked as he paused.
"Gori, I've something to tell you." Baba Foluso said ignoring his questions.
"What?" Gori listened keenly.
"Let me get something from my car." Baba Foluso said and left, he appeared few minutes later with two bottles of chilled goldberg. He opened one and handed it over to Gori, opened his' and gulped little almost immediately.
"You said you wanna tell me something." Gori asked holding up to his drink.
"Take a shot first." Baba Foluso replied. Gori gulped down his drink and smiled. His father was more nervous at his action, Gori saw a bench at the far end and went to sit, he beckoned to his father who joined him.
"Daddy, why did you do this? How much were you paid? I gave to thirteen million just three weeks ago. So you wanted to kill me all for money!" Gori said calmly, his eyes were bloodshot, his father was already fidgeting.
"Even if my friend betrayed me, how about you, Daddy! I knew you would want to fall victim of the Green that was why I gave you that money. Are you these greedy?
Baba Gori felt disappointed, he had disgraced himself. He remembered how Salisu, his friend had warned him when he told him about his plans. Salisu was a renowned haberlist in the town, he was so powerful and wicked. When he told him his plans, he had told him to let Gori be, he is untouchabe. He refused to listen and went ahead and took his father's charm account book. He climbed seven mountains in seven towns in Ekiti, the neighboring state, he brought seven white cocks and seven dried rat , palmoil, pap and lots of herbs. He made a sacrifice to Laalu Ogi oko and Sango before mixing the ready-made poison with Gori's golderberg. How could had his charm failed. His father was a powerful haberlist and was dreaded by people, how could his charm fail?

"Who is my father?" Gori asked. The question caught Baba Foluso unaware that he loose balance.

"I repeat, where is my father?"

3 Likes

Re: Shadows Of The Green by gtin(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hmmmm situation critical
Re: Shadows Of The Green by talk2saintify(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
money rules the world angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shadows Of The Green by bossy512(f): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nice update, all for the love of money. welldone
Re: Shadows Of The Green by Ibunkun1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Father Betraying His Child Fr Money.
Re: Shadows Of The Green by yungeez(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
ghan, ghan, ghan, ghan here comes d twist
Re: Shadows Of The Green by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
Chai.bibi my sista,i must compliment ur constitency in not losing the touch of this story,making it intresting 2 cntinue reading,ur blessed ma wink
Re: Shadows Of The Green by forzarush(f): 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
Welldone! You've really tried and definitely preparing to soar.
Re: Shadows Of The Green by comelyJummy(f): 8:06am On Mar 28, 2017
Betrayal of greatest order. Father n son naso money they change people.
Re: Shadows Of The Green by zeelux97(m): 8:59am On Mar 28, 2017
"Who is my father?" Gori asked. The question caught Baba Foluso unaware that he loose balance.

I've got a feeling tz gon be the school's vc or a member of them greens

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of The Green by dwag: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2017
zeelux97:

I've got a feeling tz gon be the school's vc or a member of them greens
hmm I like your thought man. You thinking outside the box. But if truly it's so then that person get mind of! Just my thought anyway... Well done LadyB

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of The Green by doubleportion: 10:52am On Mar 28, 2017
Bibi294:
"Baba Foluso,where are you seeing all this money you're spending? You're a contract driver for Christ sake!" Mama Gori asked as she retied her wrapper.
"Mama Foluso, how many times will I warn you to stop trying wrapper across your chest in this house? Are you an old woman?" He complained.
"Daddy wa, you can see there is heat and I can't bear the heat now. I told you to buy a fan."
"Don't worry, Mama Folu, I will take you to our new house tomorrow. there are lots of fans there." He boasted.
"You started barely three weeks ago." She was surprised.
"Sheybi I told you those times you were complaining I don't spend money. I told you money is coming. All these money is my life savings. I have bee keeping them since I married you." He boasted, Mama Gori was confused, she could never be convinced easily. Arguing with Baba Foluso was not the right thing, she knew him. She just kept quiet and prayed he had not gotten himself into some mess.
"God will kuku save you." She muttered softly and left.
"Daddy, this people really tried o. I personally like these plastering... Who did the POP? ...I love the colour of this tiles.Oh my God, they have fixed the water basin... The plumber tried o...." He was commenting as he and his father were surveying. Baba Gori was so nervous, he had mixed feeling and was about changing his mind.
"Gori." Baba Foluso called suddenly, they were already at the back of the building.
"Daddy, why haven't they plastered the fence?" Gori asked as he paused.
"Gori, I've something to tell you." Baba Foluso said ignoring his questions.
"What?" Gori listened keenly.
"Let me get something from my car." Baba Foluso said and left, he appeared few minutes later with two bottles of chilled goldberg. He opened one and handed it over to Gori, opened his' and gulped little almost immediately.
"You said you wanna tell me something." Gori asked holding up to his drink.
"Take a shot first." Baba Foluso replied. Gori gulped down his drink and smiled. His father was more nervous at his action, Gori saw a bench at the far end and went to sit, he beckoned to his father who joined him.
"Daddy, why did you do this? How much were you paid? I gave to thirteen million just three weeks ago. So you wanted to kill me all for money!" Gori said calmly, his eyes were bloodshot, his father was already fidgeting.
"Even if my friend betrayed me, how about you, Daddy! I knew you would want to fall victim of the Green that was why I gave you that money. Are you these greedy?
Baba Gori felt disappointed, he had disgraced himself. He remembered how Salisu, his friend had warned him when he told him about his plans. Salisu was a renowned haberlist in the town, he was so powerful and wicked. When he told him his plans, he had told him to let Gori be, he is untouchabe. He refused to listen and went ahead and took his father's charm account book. He climbed seven mountains in seven towns in Ekiti, the neighboring state, he brought seven white cocks and seven dried rat , palmoil, pap and lots of herbs. He made a sacrifice to Laalu Ogi oko and Sango before mixing the ready-made poison with Gori's golderberg. How could had his charm failed. His father was a powerful haberlist and was dreaded by people, how could his charm fail?

The story is getting interesting! Betrayal everywhere!
Re: Shadows Of The Green by do4luv14(m): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2017
doubleportion:

yes getting interesting by requotinga whole update to comment. For comments sake,

chaiiii.....!!!!!
Re: Shadows Of The Green by queenitee(f): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
do4luv14:

yes getting interesting by requotinga whole update to comment. For comments sake,

chaiiii.....!!!!!
Lol,but its seriously getting hotter
Re: Shadows Of The Green by do4luv14(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
queenitee:

Lol,but its seriously getting hotter

you can say dat again, infact Daniel jst dog his own grave without knowing
Re: Shadows Of The Green by susiivy: 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
started from the bottom now am here Bibi294 keep up the good work
Re: Shadows Of The Green by harrygold: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
I will bet my school fees that gori father is vc gori
Re: Shadows Of The Green by harrygold: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
doubleportion:
for wasting space

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of The Green by Bibi294(f): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
"Gori, I don't know your father o...." He said as he wiped off his sweat with his hands, he was not the type that sweat, seeing himself sweat was a bad omen and he knew it.
"I am asking this for the last time, who is my father?"
"Ehm.... Gori, calm down... Let me explain everything to you." He begged.
"I'm listening."

"My father rescued your mother right on this land. He came to pick some herbs when he saw her on the floor half dead. She was bloodstained, my father rescued her and took her to his house. She refused telling anybody who impregnated her, my father said her brain had been wiped off. It was few weeks later that he discovered she was pregnant... Gori, I only married your mum when I impregnated her.. That was when she gave birth to Foluso..." He confessed.Gori had always had the thought that the man was not his father, while growing up, the man would pamper Foluso and his siblings while he was left to suffer. His mother was the one who would buy him Christmas dress or else he would wear the old ones. The man had refused to be addressed as Baba Gori, Gori felt disgusted. No father in his right senses would get his son sold out. His sight irritated him, he bagan making some incantions and before Baba Foluso could blink, he was already on the floor. Baba Foluso made some inxantions, invoked some spirit all to no Vail, Gori was already on his feat.
"You are going to die for two reasons.... One, for being an ingrate... You sold me out abi... Mr. Judas. Secondly, for treating me bad as a kid, do you know the best you ever offered? Giving your poor Nokia while going to school even though Foluso was using a bigger phone by then. Greet your father for me and help me arrange seven good rooms for the Green in hell..." With this, he left, Baba Foluso could not talk anymore, his tongue was tied. Tears fell down his cheeks, he had wronged Gori, a quick glance at his beautiful house inwhich his greed could not allow him live in, he breathed his last.
"They have succeed ! They killed him! They killed my husband because he had succeeded in building a house non of their family members cannot afford!" Mama Gori was shouting on top of her voice. She was shattered, her love was gone.Even though, he was a drunkard and chained smoker,she loved her. She was wearing a black iro and buba. Their little living room was filled to the brim. Baba Foluso was a popular man, all their neighbours were around as two of their were consoling the bereaved wife. His friends from all agbo joints were present too,some were murmuring, some were crying while some were quiet.
"Iya Gori, stop that! How can we kill our own blood." An elderly woman sitting amidst Baba Foluso's member spoke.
"You were never in support of the land given to him.... You are all wicked. I will make sure the Baale is aware .. You can't kill my husband and go scotfree!!! You ingrates!" She barked. Gori walked in, he looked so sad, he greeted his siblings and walked to his mother.
"Hold it there... You stranger! Who are you to talk to us anyhow!!! Omo àtòhúnrìnwá jatijati! Who killed your wretched husband? Where will an ologogoro man get such money to build such house in less than a month!" Moriamo, the youngest of them all fired, she had a sharp tongue and all members of the community dreaded her.
"Do I talk to you? Moreso, whenever a woman is married, she now belongs to her husband house but you... No o! You are always here and there... That is why at forty, you have five children with an husband... Ashewo!! !" Mama Gori fired back.
"You guys should better stop this nonsense... And you! You are still mourning your husband,while are you addressing your mother-in-law like that!" Olori ebi cautioned
"Sister-in-law." She corrected eyeing Moriamo.
"Mama Gori, calm down now."Mama Solo begged.
"Mama Gori,don't you have respect for the dead." Every where was quiet.
"Mummy, pack your things and by tomorrow, I'll drive you down to the new house." Gori broke the silence.
"Who ask you to talk?" Moriamo blasted.
"....and that house, you can't pack in like that! It belongs to Us all." Olori ebi added.
"Well, they are married which makes it clears that the house belongs to my mother. Moreso, my mother's name was on all the documents and if any of you have any problem with that... Let us meet at the court..." Gori said, it was his money and it belonged to his mother. He had changed all the document and receipt through his diabolical means.
"Gori, you are too young for this..." Olori sbi warned.
"Even when I am older than YOU!" Gori fired, everywhere was quiet. How could Gori be older than everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of The Green by Bibi294(f): 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
harrygold:
I will bet my school fees that gori father is vc gori

You better bring it now
Re: Shadows Of The Green by Bibi294(f): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
Starting "Pulpit" very soon... See you guys
Re: Shadows Of The Green by doubleportion: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
Weldone bibi! One post many surprises, apparently Gori is fatherless @ the moment, what an uphill task for Dan.
Re: Shadows Of The Green by bossy512(f): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ghen ghen, lo ba tan, man pass man position pass power, welldone, more strengght and wisdom
Re: Shadows Of The Green by ikombe: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
This Gori na badt guy oh.

Make i dey observe am from far

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / THE WEB / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.