Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams (12977 Views)

‘pupils Drug Teachers To Cheat During Exams’ / How Nigerian Pupils Cheat During WASSCE Through Websites / Shocking Devices Used By Chinese Students To Cheat During Exams(photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by hnworisa(m): 6:47am On Feb 01, 2017
I decided to compile this list discussing techniques used to cheat during exams by Nigerian Students.
1. Mobile Phones
Even mobile phones are not allowed into the examination hall. Some students still smuggle theirs into the hall while somebody outside who has the answer to question sends it to them.

2. Math set and four figure table
Since bringing math set and four figure table to the examination hall is legal students normally scribble answers onto these equipments.

3. Exchange of question paper
This is something which has been going on since way back when. A student who has the answer writes them in his question paper and exchanges it with another student who doesn't know.

4. Smart devices
With the introduction of smart watches, programmable calculators etc students now use smart watches to store copies of their notes probably as images or as texts.
This kind of "expo" goes undetected because most invigilators are not tech-savvy.

5. Bribing the exam invigilator
This is something which happens all over the world and not only in Nigeria. Students who are financially capable pay some greedy invigilators money to allow them cheat in their exams.

6. Writing on body parts
This is normally practiced among the ladies who write "dubs" on their thighs.

7. Writing on clothing
Students write on their clothing: handkerchief, socks etc and sneak it into the exam hall.

8. Writing on footwear
Exams where slippers are allowed students write on the inside of their slippers and sneak it into the examination hall.

9. Use of finger codes
Sometime before the exams begin students would already have agreed on what answer each finger means. This is normally only used during an objective exam.

10. Bubble Gum
This technique requires the student buy a pack of bubble "chewing" gum unwrap the original contents, then write answers on the paper used to wrap the gum. They then wrap everything back so the invigilator would think that its just bubble gum and take it into the examination hall.

Obviously, theirs more ways than the one listed here you can add to the list using the comments section.
As seen on http://tecep10..com/2017/01/ten-10-ways-nigerian-students-cheat-in.html?utm_campaign=self&utm_medium=nairaland&utm_source=mobile
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by klassykute(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2017
booked
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Tokziby: 7:03am On Feb 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by khristals(m): 7:03am On Feb 01, 2017
The purpose of school has been greatly defeated.. Especially in this country

2 Likes

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by agboskipool(m): 7:03am On Feb 01, 2017
booked
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 01, 2017
Op, what about people who write 'expos' even on the ceiling fan.

Some write on desks.

•Little pieces of paper called "Micro-tintin"

•Deliberate lifting of handouts and study materials into the hall.

•Sitting arrangements to teach one another called "Formation"

I could go on..

5 Likes

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by ednut1(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2017
yet they will never take first position in class

1 Like

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by MrGreenMavro: 7:04am On Feb 01, 2017
h
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2017
some uses the power of abracadabra.....before you know it the invigilator done enter dreamland...

2 Likes

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by marshalcarter: 7:07am On Feb 01, 2017
and after all dis tin... sum fail with prestige undecided
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by edlion57(m): 7:08am On Feb 01, 2017
Thank God my own method is not der....see una later

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Branzy(m): 7:08am On Feb 01, 2017
old school tactics grin
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 01, 2017
Because there's more focus on good grades and owning a certificate. No one cares bou having the knowledge.
khristals:
The purpose of school has been greatly defeated.. Especially in this country

2 Likes

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Etizz: 7:12am On Feb 01, 2017
there are more to Dis oh....
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by youngwarlocks: 7:13am On Feb 01, 2017
ok
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Valfrankie(m): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2017
This is what I call ORGANIZED CRIME. What is education without any hope for the future anyway? we lay much emphasis on grades than contents, what do you expect the students to do? Of course acquire good grades, fair or foul to impress. Our education system needs urgent help, to rot in the system oozes to high heavens!

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 01, 2017
No offense, but these methods are mostly used by public university students( am sorry). I mean why would you wear a slippers to write an exam and chewing of gum shows an uncultured person. Am sorry once again wink

1 Like

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by TooNoisy(f): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2017
Isn't it easier to pass by just studying hard?

1 Like

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by jericco1(m): 7:21am On Feb 01, 2017
Some ladies put on hijab in order to bring in cheat material.
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by sekem: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2017
But what will it profit a Nigerian student if after cheating through his examinations in school, he graduates to find out that there is no 'good' job waiting for him or her? angry

So therefore cheat responsibly. wink
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by ibroh22(m): 7:39am On Feb 01, 2017
guilty of number 2,3 and 9
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Aroh48(m): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2017
time make person go take do all dis ur don use am read now
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by RotgakSlay(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2017
OP u forget to say dis.. some even uses calculator. dy write at d back of it wit pencil..... d invigilator can neva c it evn if given to........ grin grin grin
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by GodwinTobi(m): 7:50am On Feb 01, 2017
I think I like what I saw in that "boobstop"..... I think I encourage such expo...
lols...
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by EbukaHades10(m): 7:50am On Feb 01, 2017
U forgot to add "formation"
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by LordZero(m): 7:51am On Feb 01, 2017
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by lrdval: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2017
The one on the breast, how can she do. That confortably in mixed enviroment.
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by ustavo(m): 7:58am On Feb 01, 2017
vicfuntop:
No offense, but these methods are mostly used by public university students( am sorry). I mean why would you wear a slippers to write an exam and chewing of gum shows an uncultured person. Am sorry once again wink

No Federal University will allow wearing of slippers on it's facility
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by breezeng: 8:09am On Feb 01, 2017
What is your business with this.
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by bonna4u(m): 8:28am On Feb 01, 2017
Op you forgot landmines(i.e writing their expo on the desk they will sit on before the exam)
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by Jaymaxxy(m): 8:30am On Feb 01, 2017
Okay, how about this. Look for a plain A4 paper. Look for a pen that is no more working. Use the bad pen to trace your expo on the paper. When the invigilator is seeing an empty sheet, you are seeing your class note.
Re: Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams by alatbaba1(m): 8:52am On Feb 01, 2017
OP is still a learner. Dis method are old school.

1. My school ID card was a very sure location to hide my micro chips. the ID card was inserted into a transparent ID card holder. behind the ID card, the part that has all dis long grammar about lost of ID and so on. you cut a clean blank paper not more than the size of the ID card. write all your chips as small as possible. insert the paper gently behind the ID holder, then you are good to go. Note never allow ur ID card fly or flip over. hence you are busted.

2. Exam card. same as ID card.

3. On the day of your first paper you will request for an extra sheet. gently keep it safe and use it to import your chips for next exam. the way and manner you import the chip is entirely your business. just don't get cauth. this method needs you to be very smart and confident as any lousy moment may bring you out. don't write your chip as micro. you. write it as per normal exam standard.

good luck and play safe

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Important Reasons To Study Hard In School / Kwara Reduces All State-owned Tertiary Institutions' School Fees / 15 FUTO Students Arrested For Leading Protest Against School Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.