Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday (30178 Views)

My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / Arikair Cancelled My Flight. How Do I Get A Refund? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by dman4mdmoon(m): 11:36am On Feb 01, 2017
What o! Has Op forgotten that Suleiman Hashimu, 'The traveller' trekked from Lagos to Abuja because of Buhari? People are now trekking to Abuja still because of Buhari, that is why the seats are empty.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by tosyne2much(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2017
The recession dey affect my ministry sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by VeniJu: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2017
maaglie:
I came to kano yesterday from lagos through Arik Air, But my reaction when i entered the plane was so disappointing. We were not more than 15 on the plane and the plane can contain more than 100 passengers. I wonder where this economic recession might take us to.
What's t's cost from Lag-Kano?
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by jamesbridget13(f): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2017
chloedogie:

I agree with some of your points my bro. But if God opens a way for you in this recession, you will change your language. I will still say this bro, some people are making it big in this recession. I mean people that were nothing before. And recession is not and shouldn't be an excuse for sleeping with landlord or prostitution.
yes I agree with recession not been an excuse for adultery n prostitution #isaynotothat. But this recession has eaten deep oooo, very deep oooo. Its well, God bless our hustle oooo

Am a mrs not a bro #winks

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by adegeye38(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2017
Chosen1984:
IN TIMES AS THIS I LAUGH

I BANK ON HEAVENS ECONOMY!!

DO THE SAME BRO

Exactly bro wink
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Lasskeey: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2017
Tynasparks:
Baba God na your hand i dey
.....You talk True ! because dis recession Don enter British Airways too grin grin grin

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by chloedogie(m): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2017
Chosen1984:

THE LORD REBUKE U AND PUT THAT MADNESS ON U IMMEDIATELY

AMEN. Next time someone used such a dirty and profaned language on you, that simple line of THE LORD REBUKE YOU IS GOOD MAN. Keep using it, I know it works 'cos I'm a bible scholar. IF they think social media is a place where you can blindly make away with bad habits, people like you will put sense into their heads. I hope the boy knows the meaning of that weighty line you wrote and apologizes.

2 Likes

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Lasskeey: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2017
grin grin grin I love recession grin grin grin grin

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by amokeme(f): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2017
Afam4eva:

Is this the first time you're taking Arik to kano? Kano is not really a popular destination via air recession or not.
It is actually.. if he had flew with azman air, it would have been a full plane. People are avoiding arik air now because of their poor service.

2 Likes

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by oladcity(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2017
It's not recession that is affecting Arik, it's their service delivery that is letting them down.

2 Likes

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by chloedogie(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2017
jamesbridget13:
yes I agree with recession not been an excuse for adultery n prostitution #isaynotothat. But this recession has eaten deep oooo, very deep oooo. Its well, God bless our hustle oooo

Am a mrs not a bro #winks

I'm sorry addressing you as bro. No mind me o. We will all be fine by His grace and when there is casting down for people, as for us, there will be a lifting up for us. We will keep praying for our government, we like it or not these guys will be there till 2019. Make God just speak to their minds and show them the way out of this saga. Respect madam.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Kobicove(m): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2017
You can't draw such conclusions based on your experience in just one air flight undecided

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Ranchhoddas: 11:49am On Feb 01, 2017
chloedogie:

That's the way out for lazy ones and people that can't put their brains to work. With God on your side(if you believe in him) and hard work with brain tasking you will survive this recession. There are people smiling to banks in this recession. I know number of farmers alone buying jeeps in hundreds last year December If you open your eyes well bro, there are greater opportunities out there. I'm a living testimony of such.
Take am easy bros!
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by AlvanT(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Actually, there is a limit to what you can survive. We will likely not survive this as a United Nigeria. The reasoning is simple. We are in recession, but there is no Plan and blueprint on how to come out of the recession. We might face depression. Then, it will start with tenants not being able to pay rents, they become homeless. Then idle housewives will start 'begging' landlords in their bedrooms. Daughters will assist their Dads as breadwinners by 'hurstling'. Sons will loose jobs and start doing 'anything' to survive. Oh...Its already happening.

You want my advise ? Join 2Face. Lend a voice.
Sir as a potential Economist,we're already in depression . if something is not done soon masses will begin looting and their will be mass suicide, it has happened before in the world in 1929 but thanks to Frank D Roosevelt who put an end to it,you know how Louis XIV was deposed.It is happening in Nigeria now,companies are going into bad debts.People are converting their money and pushing it overseas.Thier is more crave for dollar as the sun rises. even if their should be a blueprint now, it'll take another 18 months for the results to start showing up.

Revolution is looming.brace yourself!!!
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by GogetterMD(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2017
maaglie:
I came to kano yesterday from lagos through Arik Air, But my reaction when i entered the plane was so disappointing. We were not more than 15 on the plane and the plane can contain more than 100 passengers. I wonder where this economic recession might take us to.
If they delay your flight now you go complain
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by teddyberry(m): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2017
This has nothing to do with recession. Arik airline has turned to be the most unreliable airline in Africa. Always postponing their flights or cancelling it entirely . I booked Overland days ago and all the seats where booked.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by chloedogie(m): 11:59am On Feb 01, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Take am easy bros!

Oga, what you don't know you don't know. If I tell you farmers were balling december, I know what I'm saying. I am an executive and I have a farm. I see people around. You think it's by just sitting in one four corner glassed AC chilling office? Oga go outside you will understand. I was to buy a generator from Julius Berger yard last year sept when a young guy walked into the yard to pay 3.2m for this type of jeep i post below. We got talking and exchanged contacts. He's a Sheffield Uni masters degree graduate and na full time farmer now. I asked him what he wants to use the jep for, he said just on my farm. Imagine what he makes from the farm alone.

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by kateskitty(f): 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Change in deed

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
The tired, d.umb n clueless nomad should just resign!
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by tobaseye: 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Anticorruption:
hmm

its not easy for several families

i thank God its been a different story for me and all those who seek foreign income

cause the local economy now is currently favoring a few

you think so. What of the purchasing power of the foreign income you changed to naira. plenty money chasing few things i guess.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Eneze1(f): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
lovetrumps:
Everything is not about recession. With all the bad reports about arik service I am suprised you still chose to fly with them. Maybe others have choosen to boycott arik

Thank you...I stop flying Arik air immediately I have alternatives. I used Air peace from Owerri to Lagos last week and the flight was completely full; two airplanes left Owerri in the space of 2 hours

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by giles14(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
maaglie:
most northerners don't travel by air (Lagos to kano,abuja to kano) dey travel by road
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by buchai: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
he might be some where praying had I known it will be like this I wouldn't have contested with him I would've allowed him to continue.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by onatisi(m): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Benjom:
The Lord is our strength grin

Nigerians can survive anything. This shall pass over too.
pass over to where? Just wait till u see Nigerians trekking long distances all in a bid to save money
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by zicoraads: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
But this thing is true sha. MMA2 that used to be a beehive of activities is barely recognizable anymore. Even the ladies now chat and argue in between. Place is very dry.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Mbediogu(m): 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
Una still Dr fly eh. Next week I will leave Lagos for Ogoja on my bicycle. Just a few weeks of jolly riding.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by wink2015(m): 12:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
maaglie:

You should count yourself very lucky at least you could afford to buy an airline ticket and board a plane be it first class, second class or economy class.

There are many of us who can not even afford a three square meal let alone smell airplane. We do not even have any gainful employment. we live from hand to mouth. But you are flying British Calendonia or is it Arikair!
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by hardbody: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
[quote author=maaglie post=53316247]I came to kano yesterday from lagos through Arik Air, But my reaction when i entered the plane was so disappointing. We were not more than 15 on the plane and the plane can contain more than 100 passengers. I wonder where this economic recession might take us to.[/quot

I doubt it is much to do with the recession as much as their service. Try flights like air peace and see how fully booked they are. I for one had abandoned at least 2 return tickets I had with Arik on a local flight when they canceled flights without letting passengers know. I also swore to walk to my destination rather than ever fly with them again.

It's mostly about what they bring to the table and Nigerians are getting wiser.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by hardbody: 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Eneze1:

Thank you...I stop flying Arik air immediately I have alternatives. I used Air peace from Owerri to Lagos last week and the flight was completely full; two airplanes left Owerri in the space of 2 hours

I did not see this before I posted but we seem to be on the same page. I am booking air peace to ph tomorrow. Arik is dead in my consciousness and that of many other discerning Flyers
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by SalomonKane: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
The recession dey affect my ministry sef cheesy
Kai bro. Even me sef, I no go lie. The thing dey vex me no be small cos all my babes don disappear. grin
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
That plane was scanty for two reasons;

1. It is Arik air. People hardly fly arik air anymore due to their proven incompetences.
2. The route is one with very low traffic. Who flies from Kano to Lagos? The day of the week is also a factor.

The remotest cause of the low paronage is the ongoing recession. Board a Lagos to PH Air Peace flight and see patronage. Na small go remain sef una go lap.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
chloedogie:

That's the way out for lazy ones and people that can't put their brains to work. With God on your side(if you believe in him) and hard work with brain tasking you will survive this recession. There are people smiling to banks in this recession. I know number of farmers alone buying jeeps in hundreds last year December. If you open your eyes well bro, there are greater opportunities out there. I'm a living testimony of such.

I cant farm, I have no interest in farming. I hate seasonal permutations. I just need the country to be returned back to where it was, where everyone can prosper based on their chosen profession. Your assertion is that of a man who doesnt have a discipline but delves into any seasonal business to survive the times. That is passive income. We need all forms of income and their sources to remain as stable as they were before Anti-corruptor destroyed the fragile but productive era.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman And Her Baby Survive Horrific Road Accident (Pictures) / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng / Fully Loaded Tanker Falls At Mile 2 Lagos, Spilling Its Content (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.