Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja (20854 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by lalasticlala(m): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2017

Dr. Sunday Adelaja, a Nigerian Pastor based in Ukraine has lambasted men of God and churches that encouraged their members to invest in Mavrodi Mondial Movement, MMM.

Recall that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC,recently vowed to clamp down on fraudulent operators in the Nigerian capital market.

Ibrahim Magu, Acting Chairman, EFCC, and his SEC counterpart, Mournir Gwarzo made the pledge while signing a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, for cooperation at the EFCC head office, Abuja.

In an article he wrote, Adelaja said it was unfortunate that some clerics took the scheme to the church without doing adequate research.

He said now that MMM seems to have crashed, reputation of those who openly and secretly promoted the scheme was at stake.

Part of the article reads: “Let me give you a list of consequences that I believe will be detrimental to any church that allows the activities of MMM in their church or among their members.

1. When, not if, this scheme collapses, the first ripple effect is that a large amount of money has been withdrawn from church members. As a result, the churches will become poorer.

2. The people who participate in these schemes are actually taking either their extra money out to these platforms or they are using their tithe and offerings which equals to fleecing the church one way or another.

3. After the collapse of MMM, pastors will discover that church members would rather use their money to clean up the mess of paying their debt or returning money to their creditors, etc. rather than paying their tithe and offering to the church and this could go on for a long time.

4. There is going to be a lot of strife among church members. People will begin to point accusing fingers at each other for getting them involved in the business which will lead to a lot of conflict within the church.

5. If the network was sanctioned by the leadership of any church even though not directly, the church will still be blamed while all the previous good works of the church will be quickly forgotten.

6. A lot of the culprits will suddenly disappear only to resurface in places like London and Paris, but the churches will have nowhere to run to. They will have to remain to clean up the mess. It could get to the point where the church might have to empty its coffers just to help members put food on their table.

7. Some faint hearted church members who don’t have anywhere to run to could end up committing suicide. Believe me, the media and the unbelieving world will jump on that and try to crucify the church for it.

8. Church members will begin to doubt the authority and validity of the church leadership. Some will even say if the General overseer or pastor is a true man of God, why didn’t he see it coming? Why didn’t God reveal to him that this business was going to collapse?

9. I know this is unlikely to happen in Nigeria but in Europe here, what I had to face is that since I am the senior pastor of the church, a law suit was raised against me, accusing me of being the mastermind of the so called scheme. I doubt this will happen in Nigeria because of the respect for our religious institutions and leaders, but you must still know that the danger is there.

10. Due to the loss of the church’s credibility, it will be followed by the mass loss in church members, which would be exploited by the enemies of Christ and His church.

“Due to all the above mentioned points, I therefore wish to appeal to my fellow pastors and colleagues in ministry to do all they can to begin a campaign that will stop the continuous propaganda and infiltration of MMM and other such groups into their congregations.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/01/mmm-10-things-will-happen-churches-promoted-scheme-pastor-adelaja/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4419917_cwbsn18wcaijdu9_jpeg4617593d3fbf413435af474fd6b1be4f

3 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by TRADELYN: 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
11. Ultimately, it then makes Christianity look like a joke. undecided
Click below for all your research projects, business plans, etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/tradelyn

7 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
MMM news are becoming stale already...but let's be real with ourselves. If it resurrects tomorrow the die hard gullible illiterate fans will opt in with all joy and determination.

It aches my heart when I realized churches allows its members indulge in such act. Reason why I still believe the way redeem create parishes and allow just nobody lead all in the name of being a pastor is not right.

chessguru:
I stand with MMM Nigeria ...... Get help world wide too ...... Alert still dey enter . Haters be hating . I be getting my alerts . *smiles*

Just take a look at this disgraceful Jobless and no hope for a better business idea entity for example.
His joy and movement still evolves around the ponzi scheme even after it shows no positive pulse for a come back. #sighs

12 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by EmmyUrch: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
booking space
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by kilokeys(m): 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
i dey look criminals...

the man didnt even say anything beyond the church as an ORGANISATION ( low tithe bla bla ba)

where is God , the owner of the church, on this post

shows how churches have become business centres

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Okay cool
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by johnstar(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ugh

Nt again
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by prince9851(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
OK

1 Share

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by ekems2017(f): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Who no wan get rich for this depression in the country. Na. wahala make crayfish bend
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by deleo16(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Okay
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Hades2016(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
LOL .... where are the MMM members ooooo PH and GH LOL grin

4 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by obaival(m): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Where are those people that were trekking up and down for BUHARI in 2015?
We need u people now to trek to London nd confirm something important for us!

Abeg, oooooh grin cheesy grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by okowande(f): 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
What is really happening to MMM. Some people r still seeking help and pledging. Is it being carried out underground? Am confuse
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by rotimy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
Run away when you see Ponzi advertising or advancing

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
Adelaja has spoken well, Churches would feel the brunt of the MMM crash.
Any pastor who talks about special offering or building offering or prophetic offering is on his own.
There is hunger and disappointment in the land.
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by casttlebarbz(m): 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
ok
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by kateskitty(f): 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
MMM story again

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by deleo16(m): 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Alright
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by VcStunner(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Theorists everywhere earning cheap popularity out of MMM.
The height of the scam is the pastor whom this story is credited to. The fact that you managed to build a better structure by relying on the people's belief in a God you may not even believe in makes your scheme(church) a better one? You see my people, the evil that befell this world is religion, it took reason away from us!
MMM like every other venture will come and go, and there will always be victims, but why scream about it when fortune can be gained by 9am today in the stock market and be lost forever before 4pm? MMM is a terrible way to make cool money, but who really cares huh? Money is welcome even in a dirty sack. I didn't partake in the biz though because I love fair game.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by chessguru(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
I stand with MMM Nigeria ...... Get help world wide too ...... Alert still dey enter . Haters be hating . I be getting my alerts . *smiles*

2 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
ogbeni, not all churches endorsed mmm
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by ndcide(m): 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Looks like what freez would have written.
All crap about tithes and offering.
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Chibydinho(m): 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
My mavro is still growing!!!! Churches and tithe sha. Not a small sth ooo. Mavro means hairs, who dem want cheat sef.
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Mayydayy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ok
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Maxdiamond(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
MMM. what is the way out?? MMM refuse participants to GH.MMM kills the scheme by itself. Why the froozen mode then? if not, MMM should have be ahead and beyond now.
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Mayydayy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
I hv learnt all my life lessons from religion in Nigeria.
Its mostly business as usual all in the name of God.
This man never gives a damn how many members will have their marriages go to the dogs as a result of mmm.how many suicidal cases this collapse might birth.how many school drop outs it will produce.
Above all.what God feels about us been lazy and looking for cheap quick way of making money.
They r more concerned about the tithes and offerings.
Open your eyes my fellow nigerians.
I say.
Open your eyes

2 Likes

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by Revolva(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
the pastor is a big sadist and a fool

his own church business nkor he is washing people in the name of religion and mmm which is helping people which is better in Jah view

yeye Nigerians black heart people imagine a pastor saying this I fit slap am
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by wellmax(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
I just wonder what's happening to this woman now. I really feel for her

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by BCISLTD: 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
angry this idiot is just concerned about tithes and offering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by infogenius(m): 12:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
Yeah a statement of Fact by the Man of God
Re: MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja by 0b10010011: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
chessguru:

I just got alert of NGN3,000,000 now grin grin grin

Anybody wey PH now na confirmed Mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today / God Does Not Live In Heaven - Pastor Abel Damina (Video) / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.