Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest (19154 Views)

Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise / 500 Level FUTA Student Shot Dead By Police During A Peaceful Protest (photo) / 400 Level OAU Medical Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by kabrud: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
OkoYiboz:

So, the foolishness of one generation should be carried over into the next?

Students' activism is one of the ways of checking the excesses of school managements but the managements also reserve the authority to sanction any erring student(s) in the exercise of that right. I wasn't there and as such can't say if the suspended leader exercised that right within the armbit of the law guiding the conduct of students' activism. But what I know is that no person or group of persons should start disregarding constituted authorities because of the existence of social media as social media can neither turn guilt to innocence nor vice versa.
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by VeniJu: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Just do this to them, (School Authority) and see how they'll chill.

1 Like

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by hectorswag(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Gambitt007:

The student leader revealed that he has been getting various calls from lecturers and other students’ leaders disclosing that the school authorities do not want him to graduate from the institution at the appropriate time, and lamented that the action of the school would also deprive him of the opportunity to graduate with a first class grade, for which he is currently in line.

“I keep hearing that I will not graduate from TASUED and my result is being held up. Both the Vice Chancellor, Professor Oluyemisi Oluremi Obilade, and Deputy Vice Chancellor, Professor Abayomi Arigbabu, keep threatening me day by day that I will never graduate. My Head of Department (HOD) has also been instructed to disturb me and ensure that I do not graduate.” 

Can you just imagine? Deliberately delaying someone's progress! angry Nonsense! angry angry
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Aunty yemisi oleeeeeeeee, efi OMO olomo leeeee, increase in VOS fee, increase in part time developmental levy, increase in acceptance fee both part time nd full time student, awonnnn egbe ole, Aunty yemisi jaguda.

1 Like

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by BlessSammy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hmmm Naija! Same thing happened to our then SUG president in Unilorin abt 10 years ago...a 500level law student. He was rusticated for leading a protest against the school coz dia was no water any where for almost two weeks....if u've been to Unilorin PS am sure u knw hw far d town is from the school so we had no access to water....we later gathered dat d person who rusticated this young man lead a protest himself while he was a a student coz the government reduced d HALF CHICKEN they were served in school den to a quarter!!!
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by Gambitt007(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2017
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Aunty yemisi oleeeeeeeee, efi OMO olomo leeeee, increase in VOS fee, increase in part time developmental levy, increase in acceptance fee both part time nd full time student, awonnnn egbe ole, Aunty yemisi jaguda.

greatest tasuedite!!!

4 Likes

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by jayray007: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
What do u expect from her(Yemisi)? Almost all positions handled by Women is always like dat........ They belong to the OTher ROOM!

I don hear say d woman even get 'cattle ranch' for campus sef*

Rubbish!!!
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by ManTiger(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
casttlebarbz:
these so called professors behave like morons somtimes
Don't talk to aunty Yemisi like dat
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by BISIXCLUSIVE: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Gambitt007:

greatest tasuedite!!!
Great!!! U ar mouthed.

1 Like

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by SalamRushdie: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
lonelydora:
Maybe his name has been on 'blacklist'.

In other news, Why should i join in a protest led by celebrities who jetted out of the country during election period?

You cannot derail the upcoming protest you traitor
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by lonelydora: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You cannot derail the upcoming protest you traitor

No name calling brother. I know I cannot derail/stop it.

I will be watching you guys on my television with some chilled bottles of beer by my side.

Fulani soldiers(that the only English they understand is "Fire" or "Shoot" ) full everywhere ooooo.

Goodluck bro.
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by joshuamoses101(m): 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
then when hoodlums are created cause if acts like this them go begin say awa generation no good

12 faculty presidents are currently expelled in my school for standing up for what is right and you will just laugh at the statement the vc made concerning their expulsion

this country tire Me truly
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by Ahmeduana(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
lonelydora:

In other news, Why should i join in a protest led by celebrities who jetted out of the country during election period?
HE PUT ROPE FOR YOUR MEAL, SAY BY FORCE YOU MUST JOIN?
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by egobetatoday: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
heheh3h3he...that is buhari's style. 2face, come back ooo. No do protest ooo. u know buhari cant take crticisms.
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by LoveJesus87(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
casttlebarbz:
these so called professors behave like morons somtimes
that's because they are morons
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by michealade(m): 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by leobrownish(m): 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
shaokhan01:
give them the way they want it... peaceful protest doesn't always work. destroy their properties

the last time properties were destroyed, my set present 400l nd d ones that just graduated making two sets were forced to pay one nonsense reparation fee each or else no graduation... corruption is everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by leobrownish(m): 12:03am On Feb 02, 2017
BISIXCLUSIVE:

ole indeed!!! creating revenue for one stupid government that does not even care about the school existence.... students are suffering because of their nonsense policy
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by ThesailorR: 12:40am On Feb 02, 2017
vaiper:
U wey suppose graduate leave skul,u go dey form agbero grin grin
Basically Wat u mean is he should just leave everything as it is cuz he needs to be safe. Dude Nigerians are where we are today cos of that word safe(its not my problem let me just go on my own where it's safe, where I won't lose my job, my education, my life......). Forgetting that a problem not solved today is a decay being left for the future. Hey it may not affect u till u die but Wat of those that come after you. Think about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by chiefbuchiV12(m): 1:16am On Feb 02, 2017
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-aAfYijfzeqo/WJIv3njKcII/AAAAAAAAYKk/U0bNXSEOpTAXlx16R5mro9wbMCeJzOFtgCLcB/s640/cats.jpg[/img]
That's how they made our Ex SUG president that was in final year when I got admitted start almost all over again. The guy is now in final year with me like we were admitted at the same time. Am totally not surprised
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by chiefbuchiV12(m): 1:18am On Feb 02, 2017
leobrownish:

the last time properties were destroyed, my set present 400l nd d ones that just graduated making two sets were forced to pay one nonsense reparation fee each or else no graduation... corruption is everywhere!
Are you a TASUEDite like me?? kiss
leobrownish:

Are you a TASUEDite like me??
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by Mayflowa(m): 1:39am On Feb 02, 2017
vaiper:
U wey suppose graduate leave skul,u go dey form agbero grin grin

So protesting is equal to agbero? How do you raise objection and awareness to obnoxious policies?

I am a Nigerian Lecturer and I support peaceful protest as a right. He should take his school to court.

3 Likes

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by blazer234: 2:33am On Feb 02, 2017
lonelydora:

People with better sense than you tried to discredit the protest, but they failed. So you think your opinion counts to anyone? Those who paid ot fed you for this have wasted their money.
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by karrim4real(m): 2:45am On Feb 02, 2017
BUSHHUNTER:
Them send you go school you go protest

ODE.

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by lonelydora: 2:54am On Feb 02, 2017
blazer234:

People with better sense than you tried to discredit the protest, but they failed. So you think your opinion counts to anyone? Those who paid ot fed you for this have wasted their money.

Good luck. Remember Fulani soldiers who the only English they understand is "Fire" or "Shoot" are everywhere.

Well, I will be watching you guys on my television with some chilled bottles of beer by my side.
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by femyomotola(m): 3:30am On Feb 02, 2017
VcStunner:
Tai solarin Senior secondary school.
fool

1 Like

Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by ibkonekt(m): 3:51am On Feb 02, 2017
U need a lawyer not nairaland comment...the deed has been done now you need to try to save urself from more harm....get ready to sue....i hope u read the agreement you signed during admission sha....goodluck
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by leobrownish(m): 7:58am On Feb 02, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
Are you a TASUEDite like me?? kiss Are you a TASUEDite like me??

yea bro... TASUEDITE
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by VcStunner(m): 8:21am On Feb 02, 2017
femyomotola:
fool
Wooow, seems you are currently enrolled or an Alma mata? Either way, you just proved my assertion right with a single word "fool". Nice try son grin
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by blazer234: 9:01am On Feb 02, 2017
lonelydora:

Good luck. Remember Fulani soldiers who the only English they understand is "Fire" or "Shoot" are everywhere.

Well, I will be watching you guys on my television with some chilled bottles of beer by my side.

Disgusting. Coward. By the time they attack you in your closet, you will know you aren't safe anywhere
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by obc: 9:19am On Feb 02, 2017
This reminds me of our Alluta struggle in FCET(T) Umz Anambra State 2000/2001, Ernest Mbaeri's regime precisely. It was a tug of war btw the SUG Excos and the Management. The management suspended us up to 3 times to the extent that we were asked to bring our parents to the school to sign undertaken at some point.

Bro, do not be deterred. You will definitely graduate. But you must keep your hands clean at all times. Avoid embezzlement and other vices. That way God will take a lead.

Alluta Coninua...Victoria Acerta!!!
Re: A 400 Level Student Of TASUED Was Suspended For Leading A Peaceful Protest by lonelydora: 9:48am On Feb 02, 2017
blazer234:

Disgusting. Coward. By the time they attack you in your closet, you will know you aren't safe anywhere

No name calling please. Make your point. I didn't say I won't protest, just that I will be doing mine on Twitter and Facebook.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige: Suspension Of Strike ‘depends On ASUU / Tricks On How To Read And Pass Your Exams Waec,neco,jamb..etc / Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.