Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 (30301 Views)

Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush / Multiple Bomb Attack In Maiduguri Kills 5, Wounds 13, Including University Don / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Amoyinoluwa24: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
An armed group, suspected to be Boko Haram, attacked a U.N. technical team working along the border between Nigeria and Cameroon, killing five persons and wounding several,

According to the United Nations Office for West Africa, the attack occurred on Tuesday at around 1400 local time near the Cameroonian border town of Kontcha.

“The victims were one U.N. independent contractor, three Nigerian nationals and one Cameroonian national,” it added.

Mohamed Ibn Chambas, U.N. Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel, condemned the attack.

While the attackers have not been identified, the area is within a region where fighters from Islamist militant group Boko Haram are active.

The insurgents have killed more than 15,000 people since 2009 and have recently stepped up suicide bombings.

The U.N. team was working on demarcating the more than 2,000 km (1,200 mile) land border which has been a source of friction between the neighbouring countries in the past.

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/02/boko-haram-kills-5-un-staff-near-nigeria.html

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Amoyinoluwa24: 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by monlawal(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
I was just having a conversation with a friend this evening and he told me that his in law is among those killed. He went further to state that the security personnel attached to protect them left to a nearby town on a flimsy excuse of going to have a little chat with their colleagues before the attackers struck. I am sure the security guys are culpable in this case. They need to be interrogated and questioned

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by braimeddy: 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
The same Boko haram that presidency said they have technically defeated them. May God protect us all.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Luckylife(m): 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Not again !

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by miqos03: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
ok
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Damilare5882(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Youths in the house should follow #enoughisenough at the politics section ..we are all needed there ..together we can make Nigeria great again

24 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by ChuzzyBlog: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by bro4u: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
i thought they said BK has been defeated... Let UN and the whole world see the 'lie-lie' govt Nigerians have subjected to by this Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by sylviaeo(f): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
TECHNICALLY DEFEATED INDEED. PLS WHERE IS LYING LIAR MOHAMMED?. PLS COME N FEED US WE R HUNGRY FOR NEW LIES. OSHI

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by obembet(f): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Wait oo, u mean this boko people never finish? Chai Nigeria get problem oo. And they know that bubu dey on vacation...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Young03(m): 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
sad

Nigeria military should go and watch STRIKE BACK

or better people that did that movie should include the name Nigeria in their next season

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Lasskeey: 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
braimeddy:
The same Boko haram that presidency said they have technically defeated them. May God protect us all.
.... undecided
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Teedawg: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
monlawal:
I was just having a conversation with a friend this evening and he told me that his in law is among those killed. He went further to state that the security personnel attached to protect them left to a nearby town on a flimsy excuse of going to have a little chat with their colleagues before the attackers struck. I am sure the security guys are culpable in this case. They need to be interrogated and questioned
prolly the securities in disguise heard some sweet yarn and wanted to own it maybe so they fixed them did BH claim responsibility??

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by softheart4love(m): 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:
An armed group, suspected to be Boko Haram, attacked a U.N. technical team working along the border between Nigeria and Cameroon, killing five persons and wounding several,

According to the United Nations Office for West Africa, the attack occurred on Tuesday at around 1400 local time near the Cameroonian border town of Kontcha.

“The victims were one U.N. independent contractor, three Nigerian nationals and one Cameroonian national,” it added.

Mohamed Ibn Chambas, U.N. Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel, condemned the attack.

While the attackers have not been identified, the area is within a region where fighters from Islamist militant group Boko Haram are active.

The insurgents have killed more than 15,000 people since 2009 and have recently stepped up suicide bombings.

The U.N. team was working on demarcating the more than 2,000 km (1,200 mile) land border which has been a source of friction between the neighbouring countries in the past.

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/02/boko-haram-kills-5-un-staff-near-nigeria.html

I thought these guys where technically defeated? Buhari and Lie mohammed

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Godbest(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
God help us
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by AnyibestDede(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
It shall never be well with all those that brought this wickedness to us

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by SalamRushdie: 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
monlawal:

They should have followed them to go for that chit chat ..some of our security are members of boko haram

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Thomdey: 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
Always sad news in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by EbrohBazza: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
prepare very well for 2face will be getting protection from his paymaster
Damilare5882:
Youths in the house should follow #enoughisenough at the politics section ..we are all needed there ..together we can make Nigeria great again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by freeze001(f): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
How unfortunate...However our resident daft has classed them as 'soft targets', nothing really to be worried about as far as our FG is concerned.

I hope the useless attackers rot in hell.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by landinfo: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Boko Haram has been technically defeated.....PMB/Liar Moh'd

The North started Boko Haram (u can ask Obasanjo who went to negotiate on behalf of 9JA last 3-4yrs) but it spilled out of the control of their hands

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Generalkorex(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ha!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by freeze001(f): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
monlawal:

Not surprised about news like this, the marauders have long infiltrated our security agencies even up to command levels.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Abbeyme: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
This ungrouped BH are more dangerous.

They just attacked anywhere at anytime.

Haba.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
UN? whoever works with the UN knows...death can come whenever....
Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by Stancity(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
And Lie Mohammed has something to say!!

Yesterday according to Information minister...--- We’ve Recovered Sensitive Boko Haram Documents—
lai MOHAMMED

And today they Boko boiz Striked... Its obvious that APC lead administration can't win this War... They only know how to open their mouth to vomit rubbish..

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by ylaa(f): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
amen

braimeddy:

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by austinsmat(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
It is finish

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks UN Staff, Kills 5 by AngryNigerian(m): 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
Young03:
sad

Nigeria military should go and watch STRIKE BACK

or better people that did that movie should include the name Nigeria in their next season

I was discussing this same issue with my friend a few days ago! You need to see the coordination there! And I kno that someone will say "na film, make-believe". It is well

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers Over ASUU Strike (Photos) / Fayose' Properties In Abuja & Victoria Island Discovered By EFCC - Sahara Report / Buhari, Jonathan, Others Congratulate Tinubu At 68

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.