Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Almost Paradise - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (142972 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by waluga(m): 11:52am On Mar 08, 2017
candy:
@Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie ,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga

What do you guys think about Liz and Dr Deji? Happy weekend ya all.
to me seeing Liz as a woman of good virtue, i think she should do whatever it takes to save her family cos dat ella witch aint playing game
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mummy Candy Abeg Pls Update Oh Oh
Re: Almost Paradise by Chumzypinky(f): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
Candy's viewing... Waiting and hoping for an update.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
Fourteen

Darasimi felt a knot in her stomach. He sat there, mute and rigid, just staring at her. The venetian blinds cut the afternoon sunlight away from their window side table at the country kitchen that shared a fence with Carlton Clinic. The ice tea he compelled her to order was getting warm on the table.

“I am not ready for a baby.” He said gently, breaking the awkward silence.

She sat back from him, eyes widening in puzzlement. “You are not what?!”

“Just calm down, okay? I’m not denying the fact that I got you pregnant, but you should understand we have to abort the baby.”

“Give me one good reason why you can’t father a child now.” She said.
Smiling slightly, he put his hands on her shoulders, his eyes narrowed. “Having a baby as a student is not beans, it’s a lot more tasking than you can imagine. It requires money, time and attention.”

“Forget money,” she said, eyes brimming with tears. “I’m sure my mum will take care of the financial aspect. You are almost through with your program, you’ll get a good job and we’ll raise the baby together like responsible adults. I can’t abort this baby.”

“Like your mother raised you with your father?” He eyeballed her, to ensure that the sarcasm was not lost on her.

She stared at him in shock. The knot in her stomach felt tighter and she sipped the already warm ice tea. Men change easily when faced with responsibilities, she thought. “I don’t understand you anymore...”

Standing, Paul took her hands in his. “We’ll go back to the clinic and discuss the evacuation with the doctor.” He stopped, feeling the lifelessness of her hands, and then flashed an edgy smile. “Look, I know you may be a little bit disappointed in me, okay? But I’m just being real here. Darasimi, let’s do what we have to do and put this all behind us.”

“Let’s think this through thoroughly first.”

“For how long?” He asked, “You are already six weeks gone, according to this report.” He waved the result of the test she had handed over to him earlier, at her.

Unable to restrain herself any longer, she allowed the tears to flow freely down her cheeks, wiping them with the back of her hands.

“This makes me sad too,” he was saying quietly.

Darasimi picked her handbag from the table and headed for the door, Paul behind her. Outside, he lead her to where the eod was parked. “Where are you heading to?” He asked her.

“Let’s go to your house, I don’t want Tolu to see me like this.”

Of course not, Grace was waiting. “Em...em, we can’t go to my house o, I’m actually going to school from here.” He said in an unsteady voice. “I can...er...drop you off anywhere you...er...want.”

“Like where, Paul?” Her voice was cool and collected now. “I don’t go to school on Fridays, I can’t let my mum or dad see me, neither can Tolu.”

At once, Paul’s tone became apologetic. “I’m sorry, didn’t really think deep enough. But if you wipe off the dry tears on your face and remain calm, Tolu won’t notice a thing.”

2 Likes

Re: Almost Paradise by Adesina12: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
candy !!! this is it abi

The deed is done....this is what she want

Like mother like daughter

mtchewwwwwww
Re: Almost Paradise by waluga(m): 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
endo! endo!! endo!!! oooo endo!!!
shakara don endo!!!
she do carry belle!!!
ain
mama mo ti gbede ooo aso opa kan o ka man oooo
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2017

“You can’t die on me now,” Liz sobbed as she held on to Darasimi’s limp body, surrounded by a pool of her own blood. Suddenly, the blood at her feet started clotting and became so thick it took the shape of a baby.

“Let me live,” She could hear the blood speak clearly.

Darasimi took one long look at the ‘blood’ and shook her head, “I’m sorry you have to go this way.” Then silence engulfed the room, it became so dark. Liz quickly brought out her phone and switched the torchlight on with a blood stained hand, holding her with the other. Darasimi’s eyes were open but lifeless. Still holding her bloodied body in her hands, she let out a loud scream.

Tobi was awakened by his mother’s painful moans. He flipped the light switch as he entered her room. She sat rigid in her bed, staring at her hands, tears streaming down her face.

“What is it mum?” He asked, alarmed. It was five past two in the morning. “Was it a nightmare?” She just nodded without speaking.

In the morning, her eyes were puffy with sleeplessness. She applied light make up to cover the bags under her eyes before she left her room for the kitchen. Her dream still scared her. She had dreamt that Darasimi died while aborting a baby. She had spent the remaining part of the night praying for her, but she still had to find a way to reach her.

“Mum!” Tobi stopped short when he saw her with makeup that early. “What’s going on today? Is daddy coming home ni?” He noticed the puffiness but decided to overlook it. His mother had become emotional lately and he had been forced to grow up and deal with it without hurting her. Somehow, he still missed his father and sister but he never discussed them with his mother.

“I’m going to your grandma’s, will you come with me?”

He considered the offer but hanging out with his cousins was more tempting. “I prefer uncle Kay’s house. I want to spend time with Dayosola and Tumininu.”

Good one, she thought. She was going nowhere near grandma’s house. “I’ll drop you off there and pick you up later then.”

“Okay ma.”

“Go and shower while I quickly fix something for you to eat.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2017

Her phone rang incessantly but she ignored the calls.

“Who is calling you?” Tolu asked

“I have no idea. I’m not in a good mood, don’t feel like talking to anybody.” Darasimi answered, throwing the phone on the bed.

“You and this your mood since yesterday! You refused to tell me what happened. Just take it easy sha.” The phone started ringing again. Tolu checked the caller id. It was an unlisted number. “Hello,” She finally picked the call. “Ha, a wa nile ma.” She said. “Your mu...Mrs Jayeola.” She whispered over the phone.

“Why did you tell her we are at home?” Darasimi asked in annoyance. She had avoided her like plague since the last time she sprang up on her at Paul’s place. She still cared about Liz, she somehow, she felt filthy and too immoral to face the woman that raised her. Recently, she had started finding her birth mother’s company more enjoyable as they could discuss about boys and skimpy dresses without any reservations.

“Well, I guess I was too shocked to think straight. She’s already at the gate sha.”

“hian!” Darasimi squeezed her face and quickly removed the net top she wore on her leggings. Luckily, she was already too sad to wear any makeup.

“ko ko ko.”

“Come in ma.” Tolu opened the door and knelt down to greet Liz.

“How are you, Tolulope? How is your studies?” She asked. “Darasimi, oko mi, how are you?” She held Darasimi’s hands and tried unsuccessfully to hide her tears.

“E kaa ro ma.” Darasim’s heart melted at the sight of Liz’s teary eyes, but unlike Liz, she was able to control her emotions. She made way for her to enter the room.

“E jo ko ma.” Tolu offered her a seat. The apartment was tastefully furnished, complete with a 32 inches LED tv, a standard kitchen and an expensive sofa that reeled of taste.

“Your place is beautiful.”

“Thank you ma,” Darasimi answered, wondering why she didn't ask for the source of the money she used to set up the apartment.

“Let me get you something to drink ma.” Without waiting for a response, Tobi quickly picked her wallet and left the room.

Alone with Liz for the first time since she left the house, Darasimi was too ashamed to face her. Noticing her discomfort, she drew her close to herself and made her sit on her laps and stared into her eyes. “Darasimi oko mi, I understand you because I know what happened. But you should have asked me questions instead of running away.”

As if stung by a bee, Darasimi sprang up from Liz’s laps and stood away from her. “Wh...what do you mean ma?”
Liz smiled for the first time since she entered the apartment, “We will talk about that some other time. Today, I have come to beg you not to abort any pregnancy.”
“Me I’m not pregnant o, emi o loyun.” She said stubbornly.
Liz rose on her feet, “I had a dream, a horrible one. Please if you ever get pregnant anytime, sooner or later, do not abort it.” She pleaded.
“That is if and when I get pregnant.” Darasimi answered, visibly angry. Angry at herself for allowing Paul to defile her. Angry at Liz for having one of her stupid premonitions again. Angry at her birth mother for coming back to her life, encouraging her to let down her guard, and angry at her father for not being there for her.
“I have to go now. Please think about what I told you. If you can abstain, please do. If not, use protection. And if that fails, bring the baby home.”
“Okay,” Darasimi sneered. “I will abastain.”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
]@Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie ,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga

food don done o. let's reason this one together wink

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by wizsolzy(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dara is a crap full of shit of a girl
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
wizsolzy:
Dara is a crap full of syhit of a girl
She have join bad gang tongue

Adesina12:
candy !!! this is it abi

The deed is done....this is what she want

Like mother like daughter

mtchewwwwwww
Come and read the rest of the update o.

waluga:
endo! endo!! endo!!! oooo endo!!!
shakara don endo!!!
she do carry belle!!!
ain
mama mo ti gbede ooo aso opa kan o ka man oooo
Aso opa kan o ka mo o embarassed
You didn't read all the update though.

More comments on this new development...I think Ella will make a good grandma grin
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Mummy Candy Abeg Pls Update Oh Oh
I hia you! If it's update you want, come and take it o. cheesy
Re: Almost Paradise by wizsolzy(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=candy post=54399257]

More comments on this new development...I think Ella will make a good grandma grin[/quote

She yaf spoil...

Na so no be small grandma she go be

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
hmm i always check on this post every 30minutes,keep it up but try and be updating fast thanks
Re: Almost Paradise by ikombe: 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Darasimi your days are numbered
Re: Almost Paradise by waluga(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2017
omo tan ba wi to n warun ki ni
o ti shetan to ma parun
shes on a road trip to doom already
Re: Almost Paradise by waluga(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
candy:

More comments on this new development...I think Ella will make a good grandma grin
read it all thru just been busy lately.....but am following yuh like twitter ni ooo
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 10, 2017
All i'll say is.... Liz should just keep praying for Dara. I'm sure with time...she'll come around. I just pray she doesn't learn the hard way.
Candy...candy...candy. No update?
Re: Almost Paradise by ruffhandu: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2017
candy:
]@

food don done o. let's reason this one together wink

Good stroryline Candy. My observation: Post 3 of chapter fourteen
“Let me get you something to drink ma.” Without waiting for a response, Tobi quickly picked her wallet and left the room.
Tobi being mixed up with Tolu?
Re: Almost Paradise by bimberry1307(f): 10:36am On Mar 10, 2017
lawd have mercy! I feel like slapping this Dara of a girl back to factory reset. Madam chumzypinky and rachealfst, you are sighted. op, I dey gbadun you like I dey gbadun agbalumo. keep it up.
Re: Almost Paradise by kajsa08: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
Darasimi is just too foolish. e be like say make I slap am.
Re: Almost Paradise by BlissfulJeff(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
hmmm Darasimi....
Re: Almost Paradise by Treasonable(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
candy:

Welcome on board! Had to delete my stories due to 'theft of intellectual property'
the exact reason I'll never post my shit here...imagine taking all that pain and time to create art and its stolen by some idiot with the knowledge of copy and pasting within fucking seconds.. Fuvking sad that the authorities around here are mute on it.
Re: Almost Paradise by JustOzito(f): 7:59am On Mar 14, 2017
sweetheart, pls I need updates,
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 9:10am On Mar 14, 2017
Candy come and update more o.

Today is my birthday. Celebrate with me guys

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Adfijem(f): 9:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
this is my first time of reading a story on this site, moreso am new here and i really love the story, please post the next episode..
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2017

FIFTEEN

It took Darasimi twenty four hours to decide to keep her pregnancy. The closest person to her was Tolu, and she decided to confide in her. She rolled over to her friend’s side of the bed and tapped her shoulder.

“Tolu, wake up.”

Half asleep, half awake, “What is it Dara?” Tolu managed to ask in a sleepy voice. The time was 4:07am.

“I’m pregnant.”

Tolu was momentarily speechless. All trace of sleep vanished from her eyes and her mind and brain became coordinated instantly. “You are what?” She managed to ask.

Darasimi did not answer. But her eyes spoke volume. She just nodded. Tolu felt herself stiffen. Quiet calmly, she asked again, “You are pregnant?”

“Yes! And I’m keeping it.” She sounded elated at the thought. Tolu looked at her, startled. How people change, she thought.

“So Mrs Jayeola was right, after all.”

“Right that I’m pregnant, yes. But wrong that I tried aborting it,” She smiled and continued, hugging the pink teddy bear Paul had given her for her birthday, “I actually almost considered that thought, but right after her visit, I knew she wasn’t to be trusted. Maybe her babalawo informed her I was pregnant and she planned to kill me when I go for an abortion.”

Tolu felt herself stiffen at Darasimi’s attitude towards Liz. Then calmly, she asked, “How does Paul feel about the baby?”

There was a pause. In a level voie, she said, “Tolu, he actually suggested an abortion.”

Tolu tapped her chin, looking at her friend, a small smile played around her lips, as if saying ‘I warned you about him’. Then she stopped smiling. “Congratulations.” She said in her most clipped tone.

Darasimi sat straighter, as if she had turned the screw another notch. “Can we go to his house together in the morning?” She pleaded with her eyes. She has always relied on Tolu's maturity in handling issues.

Tolu drew closer to her friend and squeezed her hands, a fleeting gesture of reassurance. “You bet I will. Have you told your mum and dad?”

“Nope. I will, after I convince Paul to meet them officially.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2017

Four hours later, Darasimi stood on Paul’s doorstep, torn between praying he was home and hoping with all her heart that he would accept her plea to keep the baby and propose they get married as soon as possible. Tolu leaned against Paul’s car and swore under her breath. To her, Paul was nothing but an arrogant player who is just there to dig her friend’s gold.

Darasimi lifted her hand to knock, but before she could, the door opened. “Dara!” The travelling bag Paul held in his hands dropped with a loud thud, something that sounded like glass broke inside it. He opened his mouth in shock.

“Honey, what was that sound?” Grace asked through the door.

He spun back around, his hands shaking. “Em—em—it’s the set of cups...I hit my foot against the door.” He lied and turned back to face Dara and Tolu, still in shock.

“Why are you so shocked to see me?” Dara asked, surprised at his reaction. “Are you going somewhere? Do you have a guest? I heard a woman’s voice.” She searched his expression a moment then without speaking, swung the door wider and stepped in, Paul and Tolu after her.

“Paul! Who is this?” She stopped in her stride. Grace sat before the dressing mirror—the mirror she had paid N30,000 for at Primex Sores—tying her towel, her bath slippers sitting comfortably on her feet. “Who the hell is THIS?” She pointed at Grace, who stood rooted on the spot, an expression of anger on her face.

“Fine! This is Grace, my fiancée and the mother of my child. She is a corper and we are travelling back to Lagos this morning.”

Dara shook her head, overcome with emotion. “You never...you never mentioned a fiancée and a chil---”

Grace clapped her hands and sneered, cutting her short. “I see...Darasimi Jayeola! I have heard a lot about you. Thanks for taking care of my man. But as you can see, you are on your own. This ship has sailed. Paul honey,” She turned to a stunned Paul, “Please put this bag in the car when you see them off.”

“Yes ma’am.” He answered, a dark smile lurking at the edge of his mouth.

Terror took Darasimi’s breath. Paul had used her and now dumped her, like Tolu said he will? She turned and met Tolu’s eyes. To her surprise, her friend’s eyes were soft and showed pity. She bit down hard on her lower lip to keep from crying out, to keep from breaking down and falling apart. How could she have dated Paul all these months and not really know him? how could she not have seen the monster lurking just beneath the mask?

“Excuse me,” Paul said, almost shoving Tolu out of his way.

“Not so fast, sir!” Tolu grabbed the car key dangling in Paul’s hand and pulled him by his shirt sleeve. “You better get your stuff out of the car and go hail a danfo. This car and the apartment are being repossessed right now.” She hissed loudly and turned to Grace, “We will appreciate it if you get dressed fast, I’m locking up this apartment.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2017

SIXTEEN

Ella took extra care with her dressing that morning. It was a very big day for her, she was meeting her new boy toy, Kris, who was recommended to her by her best friend, Amy. She looked at Jay, sleeping soundly on the bed and smiled. Jay had finally agreed to make their union legal. Liz had signed the legal documents her lawyer prepared, refused the money and house offer he offered, paving way for a fast and smooth divorce. She was really thrilled. No more whining about loneliness, no more having to share her man with his boring wife—ex wife—she smiled at the thought.

Ella took one last glance at her mirror, eyeing her curves which looked great in the short Louis Vuitton sheer gown that stopped above her knees. She wanted Kris badly, and if a short skirt and an overly exposed cleavage would help her land him, so be it. She has always used what she had to get whatever she needed.

Satisfied, she woke Jay with a peck on the cheeks. He still had his good looks, even at closer to fifty, but age had slowed him down, she needed younger guys.

“Hiiii.... de...ar.” He slurred his words, half asleep half awake.

“I’m on my way to keep the appointment with Dr Fabian.” The lies came to her naturally.

“Really?” He was fully awake now, “Is everything alright?” He asked, concerned.

“Yea, just routine check up. I forgot to tell you.”

He got up from the bed and hugged her from the back, his member rubbed against her bum and she smiled. “I love you, Ella.” He said.
She shrugged him off gently and made a funny face. “I love you too...but I gotta run, can’t afford to miss my appointment with Kr—Dr Fabian.”
Otunba watched as she headed for the door of their bedroom. Then his mobile phone rang.

“Hello...yes, speaking...W-H-A-T?” He screamed into his cell phone.
''What I'd it?'' Ella paused in her stride, just as she turned the knob.

“It’s Darasimi, she’s in the hospital. Carlton.” he said.

“Go check on her. I will call you soon as this meeting is over.” With that, she slammed the door shut and left, rushing down the stairs of their five bedroom duplex, two steps at a go.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Adfijem:
this is my first time of reading a story on this site, moreso am new here and i really love the story, please post the next episode..
Glad you love the story. You are welcome on board.

@ D9ty7,Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga

You guys rock!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by xaviercasmir(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
at last you have updated. thanks and more ink to your pen
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
xaviercasmir:
at last you have updated. thanks and more ink to your pen
Sorry it took me so long...I'm actually doing serious research work, it's just so tight now as I'm on the field...I wish I had a volunteer research assistant who can help me with my survey undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.