Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Almost Paradise - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (142978 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ehn ehn,Ella is another name for devil ,oga oo
I can't wait for her to start suffering tho
Re: Almost Paradise by wizsolzy(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
jagugu88li:
That is my friend and we are coming for that Ella.

Lord Jesus, babatarabashakata rarararatoborobotataaa shakaraaam........when we catch her.

Sango.......

This Ella girl doesn't know me. Adesina12 nastynic pullleeeze explain this situation to her on my behalf..... Where is that toothpick of a husband now...

Chai jagugu eyaf kill me wit laugh fa

Re: Almost Paradise by Adesina12: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
jagugu88li:
That is my friend and we are coming for that Ella.

Lord Jesus, babatarabashakata rarararatoborobotataaa shakaraaam........when we catch her.

Sango.......

This Ella girl doesn't know me. Adesina12 nastynic pullleeeze explain this situation to her on my behalf..... Where is that toothpick of a husband now...

This bae is something else

I don crack ma rib yakataaaaa
Re: Almost Paradise by heemah(f): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pls I am not understanding. What has Liz got to do with your daughter's situation? This Ella na very foolish woman sha! And when I was starting to fink Liz should move on with Dr. Deji. People are wicked sha
Re: Almost Paradise by nikz(f): 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hmm see twist!
Re: Almost Paradise by bossy512(f): 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nice one, I just pity Liz, is it a crime to help, God will help Liz, but I don't she will travel with Dr Deji.
Re: Almost Paradise by Harlequin8(f): 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Oh really? So Dr deji is not really in love with Liz. This world is really wicked. Is a crime to be an helper Eleyi ma gaoooo
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
candy:
@Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie ,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, jagugu88li, erichsmith

Food don' done o.
Hmm What A Long Episode 4 2day. So Ella Iz As Wicked As Diz.
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nice one Candy. We are beginning to pick steam again smiley

Dunno why Tho, a part of me just like Ella
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
Adesina12:

This bae is something else
I'm a Pastoress grin.
wizsolzy:

Chai jagugu eyaf kill me wit laugh fa
Don't die now

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 29, 2017
And here i am.....thinking Dr Deji might be the right person to console Liz after everything. Chai!....this Ella nah witch!.

Please candy.... Don't let their plan work. Liz don suffa reach. No add prison biko. This will just send her mother to her early grave.

#thanks for the update#.
Re: Almost Paradise by Adesina12: 8:27am On Mar 29, 2017
jagugu88li:
I'm a Pastoress grin

No wonder!!!!

Is that the reason?
Re: Almost Paradise by bimberry1307(f): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2017
candy, come and update na. at least, if we cant get regular update from mummy chumzypinky, we should be able to get busy here. abi are you pregnant too? (runs out before she catches me)
Re: Almost Paradise by wizsolzy(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2017
jagugu88li:
I'm a Pastoress grin. Don't die now

Hmmmm​ pastors ... Issowite
Re: Almost Paradise by BlissfulJeff(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
this is interesting
Re: Almost Paradise by Chumzypinky(f): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
bimberry1307:
candy, come and update na. at least, if we cant get regular update from mummy chumzypinky, we should be able to get busy here. abi are you pregnant too? (runs out before she catches me)
hehehehehehe
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Dunno why Tho, a part of me just like Ella
Ella is very likeable jare...don't mind dem haters tongue

bimberry1307:
I don hang boot for now o cheesy

Like I said earlier, I'm doing serious research work and right now I don't have any research assistant that can help on the field, coupled with the fact that I still have the kids to take care of. But I promise to update more regularly from next week by God's grace. Let's keep thevthread alive with our comments. Thanks guys, for following.

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
candy:

Ella is very likeable jare...don't mind dem haters tongue

Like I said earlier, I'm doing serious research work and right now I don't have any research assistant that can help on the field, coupled with the fact that I still have the kids to take care of. But I promise to update more regularly from next week by God's grace. Let's keep thevthread alive with our comments. Thanks guys, for following.
U Are Highly Welcum.
Re: Almost Paradise by PrettyMizQdot(f): 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Candy, wehdon.
tenk God i nor miss dis juicy 'tory. @ OP, abeg no let Liz go prison o. She don try o..caring for pple wey no giv a hoot 'bout ha.
Re: Almost Paradise by bimberry1307(f): 10:15am On Mar 31, 2017

Like I said earlier, I'm doing serious research work and right now I don't have any research assistant that can help on the field, coupled with the fact that I still have the kids to take care of. But I promise to update more regularly from next week by God's grace. Let's keep thevthread alive with our comments. Thanks guys, for following. [/quote]

No wahala. still following.
Re: Almost Paradise by Missmossy(f): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
Ella is the devil herself. Such heartlessness, keep it coming Candy. Thumbs up.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Chapter 19

Dr Deji pushed the gate open and walked towards the building. He turned the knob and the door flung open. Liz was waiting for him, all set for their trip. He stopped in the doorway to take a moment simply to gaze at her. She sat on the couch near one of the windows, staring out at the remnants of the day, her back to him. He was overwhelmed with that incredulous feeling of guilt in the pit of his gut, the disbelief that he had agreed to help send an innocent woman to jail. He moved his eyes over her, taking in her simple braids and the way she packed it simply in a pony tail at her neck, the way her blue dress fit beautifully, the way she sat so still, so straight, oblivious of the danger that lurked around the corner, so close to her. Everything about her shouted kindness, virtue. Why the h*ll had Ella chosen to punish her this much?

He pushed the thought away and moved towards her. She was lost in her own thoughts. He touched her shoulders and she jumped with a start.

“Sweetheart, I’m back.”

She turned to him and he kissed her lightly on the lips. “How is your dad?”

“He’s getting better, thanks.” He answered, the feeling of guilt reared its ugly head again and he pushed it back. “You still don’t bolt or lock the doors when you are inside!” he had warned her about the dangers of leaving the gate and doors unlocked during the day, when they are in. She only believed in locking the door when going out.

“I’ll be more careful. I promise.” She said with a smile. “Are we still travelling to Lagos today?”

Deji sighed and looked at Liz apologetically, “I have wasted so much time with my visit to Dad, but our flight is very early tomorrow morning. I’ve already booked a hotel room for us around Ikeja. If you are set, I think we should leave now.”

“Well, it’s sort of...late, and Mama has been sceptical about us travelling to Lagos this late, especially when you don’t reside in Nigeria and you may not be too familiar with our roads”

A smile tugged at his mouth and he drew her to himself. “ I have arranged for a driver to drive us down. His name is Dino and all I need is to give him a call and tell him where to pick us.”

Liz cocked her head, studying him. the way he thought amazed her. “You always have everything covered, don’t you? I bless the day you came back to my life.”

He shrugged and put his hands in his pockets, he quickly withdrew his right hand when it touched the cocaine. He was too scared to leave it in the car. “I love you so much, Liz, and I really want to assure you I’m always there for you.” He brushed her cheeks lightly with another kiss and bent down to pick the suitcase that lay at her feet. “By the way, where is Mama? I thought you said she was here.”

“She left a few minutes ago. Tobi is starting his exams next tomorrow and he forgot to take some of his books along to my brother’s place, so mama offered to take the books to him there.”

“Sweet mother.” Dr Deji whispered.

Within minutes, they were set, all doors and windows locked.

“Please call the driver.” Liz reminded him. Dr Deji brought out his cell phone and dialled Dino’s number. “Please meet us at the toll gate in fifteen minutes.”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2017

Deji stood behind her as she handed her ticket and passport to the beautiful desk clerk at the counter, a sense of urgency and impending doom pressing in on him.

“Are you checking that in?” The lady asked, pointing at Liz’s suitcase.

“No, it’s the only bag I have and I’m taking it with me on the plane.”

The lady weighed her suitcase and tagged it, then she handed back her passport, ticket and boarding pass. “Have a wonderful trip ma.” She said with a smile.

Liz smiled and stepped aside for Dr Deji to check the big bag in and collect his boarding pass. He smiled back and handed his passport to the lady. He was visibly shaken. He turned his head towards the departure hall entrance and Dino waved at him. He was torn between the devil and the deep blue sea.

'If you don’t put it in her bag, they will find it on you'. Ella’s words echoed in his ears as they moved away from the check-in counter. They still had over one hour before boarding, but he didn’t feel comfortable having weird Dino staring at him, watching his every move around the lounge.

He moved closer to Liz and took the suitcase she was pulling along. “Let me help you with your bag.”

“No! You have your own bag, besides, I enjoy pulling it around. Where are we going now?”

“Em...em...we are going towards em...the boarding gate...terminal now. We’ll go through immigration and custom check.” The words felt heavy in his mouth, and the feeling of guilt became overwhelming. It’s either me or you, one of us is going to be nabbed with drug today, he thought.

“Fine.” She said with an innocent smile, basking in the euphoria of travelling abroad. Suddenly, her cell phone vibrated in the back pocket of her black jeans. She checked the caller ID and smiled. “Tobi, how are you?...we are heading towards the plane o...ha, your exam slip and school id card? Ta ni ki n fun? Ha!” She was almost shouting into the phone.

“What is it, Liz?” Dr Deji asked, all eyes on them.

“Tobi ni o, he left his id card and exam slip in this suitcase and his junior waec starts tomorrow! He wants me to drop it with someone here so my other brother that lives in Lagos will come pick it and send it through a public transport.”

Dr Deji suddenly pulled her hands, drawing her closer to himself.“Tobi’s slip is very important, let’s abort this trip and drive back to Ibadan right now.” He turned around and saw Dino staring hard at him as if he overheard their conversation. Damn the consequence, he thought.

Liz had mixed feelings. On the one hand, she wanted to go back to Tobi and Darasimi, to be there for her children. On the other hand, she was this close to travelling overseas and he must have invested so much on the trip. “No way, Deji, I think we should go on this trip. Please, I really will love to.” She pleaded with her eyes.

“Are you really sure you want to go on this trip?” Deji asked, different thoughts running riots in his mind.

Liz took his hands and smiled reassuringly, “Yes, I really want to.”

She rummaged through the suitcase and pulled out the brown envelope with Tobi’s slip and ID card.

,“Let me have your suitcase. I’ll wait here while you look for someone you can hand it over to, so we can call your brother and tell him who to look out for.”

"Can we go look for someone together? You know better than me. I don't want to go where I'm not allowed to o, please." Liz pleaded.

A part of him hated seeing her go through that stress, but the other part had a plan to carry out. "You are a woman, you stand a better chance of getting someone to help you than a man. Especially in this bomb era."

She nodded in understanding. "I understand, let me go alone."

“Thanks for understanding.” He stretched his hands towards her suitcase and grabbed it fast before she changed her mind.

She handed him her suitcase with a smile and headed towards the door.

Dr Deji smiled and pulled the suitcase towards a vacant seat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
@D9ty7,Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga
Re: Almost Paradise by Abidx22(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
candy:

Deji stood behind her as she handed her ticket and passport to the beautiful desk clerk at the counter, a sense of urgency and impending doom pressing in on him.

candy post=55189096:

The lady weighed her suitcase and tagged it, then she handed back her passport, ticket and boarding pass. “Have a wonderful trip ma.” She said with a smile.

Liz smiled and stepped aside for Dr Deji to check the big bag in and collect his boarding pass. He smiled back and handed his passport to the lady. He was visibly shaken. He turned his head towards the departure hall entrance and Dino waved at him. He was torn between the devil and the deep blue sea.

If you don’t put it in her bag, they will find it on you. [/i]Ella’s words echoed in his ears as they moved away from the check-in counter. They still had over one hour before boarding, but he didn’t feel comfortable having weird Dino staring at him, watching his every move around the lounge.

He moved closer to Liz and took the suitcase she was pulling along. “Let me help you with your bag.”

“No! You have your own bag, besides, I enjoy pulling it around. Where are we going now?”

“Em...em...we are going towards em...the boarding gate...terminal now. We’ll go through immigration and custom check.” The words felt heavy in his mouth, and the feeling of guilt became overwhelming. It’s either me or you, one of us is going to be nabbed with drug today, he thought.

“Fine.” She said with an innocent smile, basking in the euphoria of travelling abroad. Suddenly, her cell phone vibrated in the back pocket of her black jeans. She checked the caller ID and smiled. “Tobi, how are you?...we are heading towards the plane o...ha, your exam slip and school id card? Ta ni ki n fun? Ha!” She was almost shouting into the phone.

“Tobi ni o, he left his id card and exam slip in this suitcase and his junior waec starts tomorrow! He wants me to drop it with someone here so my other brother that lives in Lagos will come pick it and send it through a public transport.”

Dr Deji suddenly pulled her hands, drawing her closer to himself.“Tobi’s slip is very important, let’s abort this trip and drive back to Ibadan right now.” He turned around and saw Dino staring hard at him as if he overheard their conversation. [i]Damn the consequence
, he thought.

Liz had mixed feelings. On the one hand, she wanted to go back to Tobi and Darasimi, to be there for her children. On the other hand, she was this close to travelling overseas and he must have invested so much on the trip. “No way, Deji, I think we should go on this trip. Please, I really will love to.” She pleaded with her eyes.

“Are you really sure you want to go on this trip?” Deji asked, different thoughts running riots in his mind.

She rummaged through the suitcase and pulled out the brown envelope with Tobi’s slip and ID card.

,“Let me have your suitcase. I’ll wait here while you look for someone you can hand it over to, so we can call your brother and tell him who to look out for.”

"Can we go look for someone together? You know better than me. I don't want to go where I'm not allowed to o, please." Liz pleaded.

A part of him hated seeing her go through that stress, but the other part had a plan to carry out. "You are a woman, you stand a better chance of getting someone to help you than a man. Especially in this bomb era."

“Thanks for understanding.” He stretched his hands towards her suitcase and grabbed it fast before she changed her mind.

Dr Deji smiled back and pulled the suitcase towards a vacant seat.

If you don’t put it in her bag, they will find it on you. [/i]Ella’s words echoed in his ears as they moved away from the check-in counter. They still had over one hour before boarding, but he didn’t feel comfortable having weird Dino staring at him, watching his every move around the lounge.

Dr Deji suddenly pulled her hands, drawing her closer to himself.“Tobi’s slip is very important, let’s abort this trip and drive back to Ibadan right now.” He turned around and saw Dino staring hard at him as if he overheard their conversation. [i]Damn the consequence
, he thought.

Dr Deji smiled back and pulled the suitcase towards a vacant seat.

Intermission
The inevitability. .......
Re: Almost Paradise by Countrygirl(f): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
See suspense oooo

Liz is such a nice woman...... Ella will surely regret the troubles she put her through

Dr. Deji, I'm speechless

Nice work candy

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Countrygirl(f): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Abidx22:

Intermission
The inevitability. .......
why na, quoting the whole episode for a simple comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Chai.
Ella is so heartless
Re: Almost Paradise by Missmossy(f): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
The evil that men do. Ella is a devil. Pity Liz so much embarassed
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
candy:
@D9ty7,Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga
Mummy mummy has updated again...I'm so happy
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Doctor Deji,you too
Karma is waiting for you

My Liz,nothing bad would happen to you
Re: Almost Paradise by cho25bc(f): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hmmm,looks like an interesting story...will come back 2 read wen d story is complete. Tired of reading uncompleted stories on nairaland.
Pls mention me when d story ends

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.