Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Almost Paradise - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (142969 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by bigbauer(m): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2017
Still I read, as long as she writes. Hmmm, candy, can I have some...?
Re: Almost Paradise by Nancydearie(f): 9:11am On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks for the update candy .Thank God that Deji did not push through with his plans to implicate Liz .That Ella is something else, why would she want to punish Tobi for nothing while her daughter is going astray. She should channel her energy in making Darasimi a better person. Otunba thinks she is generous in sending his son to study abroad, he doesn't know that she is up to no good. I pray she fails in setting Tobi up. Keep it up.
Re: Almost Paradise by Agp19(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
ella has really beaten more she chew!! nice job candy
Re: Almost Paradise by BlissfulJeff(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
candy:

@D9ty7,Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, nikz, Ibunkun1, Blissfuljeff et al

Come and air your views.
beautiful write up sweet candy,awaiting the next update

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Missperfect28:
AWW SHIT...
undecided
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
Am beginning to get pissed. What is actually wrong with Otunba? Why take Liz's boy just to spite Liz? Am very pissed mehn undecided

Is Ella a witch by the way? How can she just come into a family and scatter everything?

Candy mama, our hope is on u to do justice to Ella and her cohorts.
Re: Almost Paradise by Missmossy(f): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
Things are happening, Ella mustn't succeed she is so heartless. I feel for Tobi been treated like he has no say. Glad Liz got out of the trap, keep it coming Candy still following. More strength and inspiration dear.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2017

Chapter 23

Barrister Yomi’s chamber was housed in an old, newly renovated two-storey building that bore the grandiose name of Square Complex. The signs outside the building indicated that it also housed a real estate agency, a travelling agency with bogus travel/visa adverts, two other law firms and a mobile phones sales outlet. Yomi Abe Chambers was located on the first floor with the mobile phones sales outlet.

Liz and Richard climbed the short stairs located outside the building and let themselves into Yomi Abe Chambers. His secretary’s office looked modestly furnished-one single wooden office chair, a small wooden table, three fancy visitors’ chair. The cream wall of the office was adorned with certificates that varied from law school to seminars and workshop certificates. Richard even thought he caught sight of what looked like his nysc discharge certificate. With the number of lawyers and chambers in the Dugbe/Mokola
axis, packaging mattered.

An elderly secretary looked up questioningly from her computer terminal and smiled in a jolt of recognition. “Mummy Dara!” She stood up to give her a warm hug. “E ku ojo meta.” If she knew anything about her marital struggles, she sure did a good job of feigning ignorance.

Though not in the mood for pleasantries, Liz still took it upon herself to respond warmly to Mrs Adu’s warm welcome. She had worked for Barrister Yomi long enough to be friends with his friends.

“Is Barrister in?” Richard asked, flashing a smile.

Mrs Adu sucked in a little gasp of breath and pointed to the empty seats, “He’s in, but a client is with him. Please sit down.”

Richard eyed the fancy chairs that had likely been picked for decor rather than comfort, and stayed on his feet. Liz calmly drew one chair near the secretary’s desk and sat, chin resting on palm, elbow on knee, feet shaking impatiently.

“Liz!” A handsome smile creased Barrister Yomi’s face as he walked his visitor out of his office. “So good to see you. Richard, how are you? You didn’t go to work today?”

Liz and Richard closed the distance between them and barrister. He said goodbye to his client and walked them back to his office. While Barrister Yomi gave instruction for privacy to his secretary, they surveyed the room. As in the outer office, the furnishing was simple, the room too was cream and some awards graced his slightly bigger working table.

As soon as he closed the door, Liz knelt down and tears streamed down her face immediately. “Please help me, barrister. E gba mi lowo alagbara!” She cried.

Barrister Yomi pulled her up and asked her to sit down. “I have discussed at length with my friend, but I don’t understand why he is so stubborn.”

“What can we do sir?” Richard asked impatiently, “He is the father but he already agreed to leave the boy for my sister. Why then did he abduct him?”

“It’s not abduction, really. Besides, no court granted Liz custody--’’

“But he had me signed a document saying if I agree to the terms, the divorce will be smooth. You convinced me to sign that document, barrister. I still have the document!”

Barrister Yomi scratched his jaw. He was clean shaven, his pin-striped white shirt neatly presses, the crease in his grey trousers sharp. “But your divorce is not yet final, and he is still married to you...”

“Please, where can I find Ella and Otunba?” Liz pleaded. “I know he’s your friend, but I’ve lost everything I once hold dear, please don’t let me lose Tobi.”

“I can’t divulge client private information.” He spoke carefully, staring straight at Liz’s tear-stained eyes, tongue in cheek.

"Pease, help us." Richard pleaded.

Finally he said, "You didn't see me today."

Liz and Richard heaved in relief and nodded in unison.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Richard turned the engine of the baby boy off, they sat for a moment, looking at Ella’s house, a beautiful stone coated, cream duplex in a big compound, that fit in gracefully with its rich surroundings.

Liz heaved a sigh. “OK, let’s get it over with. Are you sure this is going to work?” She asked.

“I believe so.” Kemi said.

They got out of the car and locked up. The environment appeared covered in opulence. “Get ready.” Richard said to Kemi, Helen and Chuks as they walked two blocks to Ella’s building.

A uniformed gatekeeper answered the door, looking tough and huge. The compound was lined with an array of exotic cars, the smallest of which was Otunba’s camry muscle.

The gatekeeper looked them over and blocked the small part he opened with his body. “Yes, from where?” He asked rudely without inviting them in.

“We are journalists.” Chuks flashed an id while Kemi got ready to take pictures. Richard pushed him aside, paving way for the others.
Ella met them at the door, fuming with anger. “What are you doing in my house?”

“Good afternoon, Mrs Ella Williams. My name is Koko, a journalist and this is my associate, Chuks Uba.”

“And I’m Mrs Dede, a human rights ativist.” Helen introduced herself.

Ella toned down a bit at the sight of the journalists and rights activist. Even though no publicity is bad publicity, she avoided the spotlight as much as possible for personal reasons. “Yes, Liz, what do you want? Why are there journalists in my home? And can you stop recording this before I call my lawyer?”

Kemi lowered her camera and smiled like a professional.

Liz stepped forward and cleared her already dry throat. The thought of what pain this woman had caused her, the sharp metallic taste of fear and loss she had caused brought to her life all seemed to rise like a bile in her stomach. “I want my son, Tobi.” Liz told her, mustering as much courage as she could. “Where is he?”

Kemi and Chuks rolled their cameras, Helen punched numbers on her phone. The gatekeeper cast side glances at Richard.

“I’m calling the police right now.” Ella threatened, reaching for her phone.

Richard became visibly shaken at the mention of police. He had never had any close encounter with the police in his adult life. Kemi lowered her camera a few inches. They didn’t consider the angle of police.

“No, you won’t,” Liz said suddenly, and headed for the stairs that lead directly into the rooms.

******************************************************************************************************************

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
@D9ty7,Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, nikz, Ibunkun1, Blissfuljeff, bigbauer et al

Come and air your views. Happy weekend.
Re: Almost Paradise by Lyoncrescent: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Thanks for the update. You are gifted. More please
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
Thanks for the update. You are gifted. More please
Thanks for the compliment!

Na wah o...over 60 views, only one comment! Na so? shocked
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
candy:
Thanks for the compliment!
Na wah o...over 60 views, only one comment! Na so? shocked
u gree 4give me?
Re: Almost Paradise by Missmossy(f): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nice update, i hope Tobi hasn't left yet. Liz should get him biko. Thumbs up Candy, keep it coming cheesy
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
I'm with Liz anyday anytime. I just hope Tobi is still in the country

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Wow Diz Story Iz Getting More Interesting,
Re: Almost Paradise by Nancydearie(f): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Well done Liz, am glad u took the bull by the horn. Love the way u confronted that good for nothing Ella. I pray Tobi is safe. Thanks for the update Candy.May God bless you. Could you plz update another one in Oliver twist's voice?
Re: Almost Paradise by Ibunkun1(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Almost Paradise by Moses10414: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2017
am shaking visibly now........ abeg, make you no go church ooo, for you to update the "unupdated" story (if there is any word like that )
Re: Almost Paradise by nikz(f): 10:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Can you imagine ella calling police for a desperate woman looking her son? Ella has to pay for her evil ways. What did Liz ever do to her aside from taking care of her abandoned Dara? @ candy: thanks for the mention dear. God bless your brain.
Re: Almost Paradise by SexySapphire(f): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
I just hope this confrontation works out. I don't even understand Ella's business with Tobi, after all he isn't her son, so why go through all the trouble.
Well written candy, anticipating more.
Re: Almost Paradise by littlemistress: 10:25am On Apr 24, 2017
this is serious. women pulling each other down.
candy, more oxygen to your brain cells
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2017
Ghen Ghen Ghen..... This is the action part I like the most

Oya bring it on. Ella should be well beaten undecided
Re: Almost Paradise by BlissfulJeff(m): 7:28am On Apr 25, 2017
u re so on point dear,ride on we are behind u.
Re: Almost Paradise by Ifecoded(m): 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
Candy omo ibadan kinni so? You seems to know every nooks and cranny of ibadan... Lol Oya comman. Update o jae
Re: Almost Paradise by Slimzjoe(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Keep it coming Candy
Re: Almost Paradise by harjibolar10(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
And harjibolar finally land for here ... make I dey go jejely dey read am first, as I know say this Tory go make sense die

Candy mama, I trust you die
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
harjibolar10:
And harjibolar finally land for here ... make I dey go jejely dey read am first, as I know say this Tory go make sense die

Candy mama, I trust you die
Been ages Ogbeni, how is life treating you?
Re: Almost Paradise by harjibolar10(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Been ages Ogbeni, how is life treating you?
This ogbeni ehn, life is treating him well too

Hope it's the same there as well ?
Re: Almost Paradise by harjibolar10(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
candy:
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, nikz, Ibunkun1, Blissfuljeff, bigbauer et al

Come and air your views. Happy weekend.
Just getting the mention thou

Don't worry, I'm fully back now

Still Dey read o
Re: Almost Paradise by prheedhee(f): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
This Isabella is very wicked angry she's the type that when they have hypertension, stroke, and even arthritis, they will say its their village winch not remembering what they did when they were younger.
Sha, no b naija again....nothing is new under the surface of the sun

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.