Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,923 members, 7,799,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Almost Paradise - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (142874 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by Missmossy(f): 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Keep up the good work Candy, still following. More wisdom strength and inspiration to you.
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Typical of Nigerians... Wanting to eat the cake and go Scot free. I tell you bro, Otunba shot himself in the head by copulating again with Ella. I might not want to call it juju, but whenever a lady wants something from a man and she succeeds in sleeping with him,....

It's game over angry

Abobi, the game is just starting. The niccur needs to build house both home and abroad, he needs his wife to come to terms that he needs rubberz, he needs his dauqhter to no know hardship. Alone, he cant offer. Mugu comes calling and he chop you de yarn game over. Na Sharo kahn she be?

The game de for 1% jor, tha niccur gat my back.

-%?())£> my comments miqht be irritating and unpleasant... I dunt wanna compromise the tale, so i'll just keep my remaining thouqhts to myself.
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Beautiful, Daramisi needs to open up not to complicate all things.
See how they are leaving this woman in the dark, just Negodu. I feel for her.
Suspense filled Update.
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
stuff46:

he needs his wife to come to terms that he needs rubberz, he needs his dauqhter to no know hardship.
Stuff, why u dey Fvck up?
Put your mum or any of your aunts' in Liz's shoes and tell me how u will feel as a child or nephew.

Ah dey wait. Nor vex me pass the one Buhari don do o undecided
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Put your mum or any of your aunts' in Liz's shoes and tell me how u will feel as a child or nephew.

By law or by force, no matter what you have done, one's you dint concieve a child or anything dont see the end of the world when the owner comes calling. The time you have spent to train the child afterall, your reward is in heaven. The earthly one will be when the child is true to the world, she will surely pay home. So my sister or mother, whatever that is not yours, dont think too much about holding unto it for eternity, no be you create am. Even God self send us to the world for some time, who are you to feel empty.
Re: Almost Paradise by Emodeee: 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Missmossy:
Keep up the good work Candy, still following. More wisdom strength and inspiration to you.

my love, when will you be mine? missmossy, c'mon. o ti pe ti mo ti n toast e missmossycheesy. let me hear your radiant voice na.
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
stuff46:

. The time you have spent to train the child afterall, your reward is in heaven.
grin grin grin
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
stuff46:

Abobi, the game is just starting. The niccur needs to build house both home and abroad, he needs his wife to come to terms that he needs rubberz, he needs his dauqhter to no know hardship. Alone, he cant offer. Mugu comes calling and he chop you de yarn game over. Na Sharo kahn she be?

The game de for 1% jor, tha niccur gat my back.

-%?())£> my comments miqht be irritating and unpleasant... I dunt wanna compromise the tale, son i'll just keep my remaining thouqhts to myself.
#Onemansquad...I feel you jare. Otunba don suffer, make e enjoy small tongue
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
Skimpledawg:

No vex abeg grin
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
candy:

#Onemansquad...I feel you jare. Otunba don suffer, make e enjoy small tongue

That niccur de like say e don die o... Is not him o. I forgot to mention em, lemme see if for the land of the dead em de answer call.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Missmossy:
Thanks sis, you are the best!
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
stuff46:

That niccur de like say e don die o... Is not him o. I forgot to mention em, lemme see if for the land of the dead em de answer call.
Yea, I know it's you na...I just dey hail you as per your support for otunba, you be one man squad na...na only you dey truly support am grin
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
candy:

Yea, I know it's you na...I just dey hail you as per your support for otunba, you be one man squad na...na only you dey truly support am grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2017
harameede99:
yea dats tru u r correct naw he has to pay d price sooner or later

he has to pay my lady..there is no running away from it.i just pray it wont be too late for him before he realises the consequences...good work candy
Re: Almost Paradise by pearl009(f): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
hmmm. thats human for you.,I pity liz
Re: Almost Paradise by damis28crown(f): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
nice story i dnt even knw who to support here o bt y dis father nd daughter dey mk dis liz suffer lyk dis nah only
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2017
Happy Sunday @ all. Please let's keep the thread alive with the comments. Update loading.
Re: Almost Paradise by Slimzjoe(m): 11:29am On Feb 27, 2017
Exam Yaf Finish!! grin Now I can follow Bumperly!... Stuff46 and Skimpledawg, I see una
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Candy crush, wetin dey hold our update na?

I sabi vex every Monday o. undecided

Don't mind me dear, take your time.

We dey here

@slimzjoe, final exams?
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 4:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
harameede99:
If una no call me make i call myself queenitee my bestie Oly23 my twinny abeg cum join me Adeshina12 cum along with popcorn
I just saw your mention bae,lemme start reading
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
But this otunba is stupid oo
He must suffer for this
Re: Almost Paradise by Slimzjoe(m): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
Skimpledawg:
Candy crush, wetin dey hold our update na?

I sabi vex every Monday o. undecided

Don't mind me dear, take your time.

We dey here

@slimzjoe, final exams?

If it were finals, I would be dancing naked on the thread

Lol
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 28, 2017
TEN

Barrister Yomi waited in his car behind Otunba’s new office until he figured Madam Teni, his saucy elder sister would be gone. Otunba’s new secretary had told him of her visit when he called to check if his boss was in the office. He never stopped wondering how she found it easy to associate herself with her brother only when he started making money. He stepped out of his car and locked the door, setting the security system. Out of habit, he stooped to admire himself in the car windows. He adjusted the collar of his blue t-shirt and smoothen the wrinkles on his brown chinos. Then he saw her reflection in the glass, she was headed his way. “hly cow!” he said under his breath.

“Yomi, how are you?” Madam Teni greeted

“I’m fine, aunty Teni. Nice seeing you after so many years.” He said with a clenched teeth. His hands had formed involuntary fists in his pant pockets. Punching her across her cream induced wrinkled face won’t be a bad idea, he thought.

“How is your family?” She asked without waiting for his answer, “I hope your wife has added some flesh o, she was so skinny back then.”

Barrister Yomi looked at her for a moment, a speculative examination of several seconds, then said, “They are all fine.”

Madam Teni said goodbye, squeezing his shoulder gently and left, hailing an okada as she headed out of the gate.

Barrister Yomi shrugged his shoulder and walked through the big general reception, down the hall and to Otunba’s new office. The office complex was a two-story building on a busy street in challenge. ‘Jay pproperties’ was on the first floor. The ground floor housed two law firms and an audit firm. ‘Jay Properties’ upstairs neighbours were a travelling agency and another law firm. Barrister Yomi smiled at the number of law firms.

Otunba’s door had a “Jay Properties” sign on it. The door was not locked and he pushed it open.

“Welcome sir,” the new secretary, a young man of about 25 greeted him with a bow and a smile. Otunba had replaced the former secretary/messenger with a male as Ella’s insistence.

“How are you,Gbenga?” he asked, “Is my friend alone?”

“Yes sir. Oga’s sister just left.”

“Yea, I met her downstairs.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2017

Without knocking, he pushed the door open. Otunba’s new office was about four times the size of his former office and well furnished with its own toilet. A small refrigerator stood in one corner of the office, he even had a 32’ inch flat screen tv and dstv. The window was blocked by expensive satin mini-blinds. Otunba sat behind an expensive wooden desk, wearing a blue print trendy Ankara top and trouser. He looked up and smiled when he saw his friend.

“Jay properties!” Barrister Yomi hailed his friend. Otunba responded with a big grin. He shrugged his shoulder and said, “Na God o.” And they both laughed.

“Sit down, ore.” He offered Yomi one of the fancy sofas in front of his desk. The A/C blew cold air, a sharp contrast from the hot sun outside.

“You have done well for yourself.” He stretched his hands towards Otunba for a congratulatory handshake.

“O se ore.”

Sitting on the desk was a beautiful photo frame with otunba and Ella’s picture obviously taken abroad from the background.
Otunba picked it and took a closer look. “What if Liz sees this?” He asked.

Otunba smiled, took the frame from him and removed the picture from the frame. Underneath lies another picture; one of Otunba, Liz, Darasimi and Tobi. “She will only see what she is meant to see.”

“But why? Why are you doing this to Liz, LIZ of all people. She has lost weight, a lot more since Darasimi left the house.”

“I’m a grown adult and I’m doing this for my wife and kids.” He shot yomi a defiant look, yomi pretended not to see.
Yomi felt the dark finger of anger stroking his soul. Anger towards his friend for allowing Ella to come near him, anger towards his sisters who neglected him when he needed them most.

“So it’s all for the money?”

“Well, mostly for the money. Besides, Ella did what she did because she was young and naive and she has regretted her actions.”

“Johnson, do you realise that Liz was the same age as your naïve Ella when she abandoned the school of nursing to take care of your child? Do you still remember the day you came for a head count, leaving your baby in the room, locked up without food? Do you still remember it was this Liz that broke your door and took care of your already weak baby before you came back?” Yomi fired words at him in anger.

“Anybody can do that. Besides, are you telling me you prefer it when I was giving you ten thousand lawyer’s agreement fee to now that I give you a lot more money, courtesy of Ella?” Otunba asked. “I care about Liz, I appreciate her, but I need Ella’s support.”
Yomi looked at his friend with mixed emotions. Was he too dull to realize the implication of a relationship with Ella Williams? “Ore, I think you should be more considerate of your wife.”

“I will, when the time is right.”

“When last did you go home to Liz and Tobi?”

“I was there on friday.”

“Listen to yourself! Today is another Friday! This is not fair, ore. We are more like brothers now and I can’t lie to you like your other friends and sisters.”

Otunba rose in anger and pointed at the door, “Yomi, I think you are overrating our friendship. If you can’t stick me, leave me the hell alone”
Yomi rose to his feet, his knees wobbled on the soft Persian rug that covered the centre of the massive office. “Think twice, Johnson. And just so you know; I prefer the peace that came with the 5,000 and 10,000 agreement fee you paid me in the Liz-old-days.” He managed to say as he headed out of the office.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 28, 2017
@Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie ,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe

Sorry the update too a while, I have a busy busy busy schedule. Love ya all.
Re: Almost Paradise by harameede99(f): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2017
queenitee:
I just saw your mention bae,lemme start reading
i trust u
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2017
Newton's third law of motion states that

"for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction..." cry

Otunba quietly digging his grave... I feel bad already.
He will lose EVERYTHING at the end of the day..

TeamLIZ cry..
Last update is so emotional.... I need a shoulder to cry on.

#btw, Darasimi wants to be wayward huh
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
When Should Will Be Expecting The Next Update,
Re: Almost Paradise by YINKS89(m): 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
I cared less abt otunba thou any rational man would want to do dat for the money dats Nigerians for u but dres a saying wch states dat what goes around comes around I foresee darasimi komin to terms dat Ella is her mother but would still pick Liz and also otunbas doomsday is 1day closer.... Kip up d good work candy.
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
Skimpledawg:

, Darasimi wants to be wayward huh
My initial thought,but I think we are wrong, its not like she wants to be wayward,I guess she's just heartbroken,its not easy knowing the woman who raised you isn't your mother and your mother left you so young.

Let's just say she isn't herself,she's shattered,she just can't stand seeing the woman she knew as her mother knowing she isn't, a mixture of guilt,pity and regret.it isn't easy,I won't say she's wayward now
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
When Should Will Be Expecting The Next Update,
Digest this one na, thers are still eating tongue

But I will update before the end of this week, God sparing our lives.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.