Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music (35781 Views)

Davido To Wizkid At 30: “You Are A Legend And The Greatest Of All Time” / Aremu Afolayan: Real Face Of Lagbaja Unveiled By Actor On His Birthday / Simi Meets Lagbaja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by IbBarham(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Lagbaja is truly a living Legend... #respect
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Xion: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2017
jrusky:
I like this guy called Lagbaja music but his personalty is very questionable I don't get this masquerade style of life if not for Jazz because I don't get it in this century a young man going around in masquerade dress and claim he want to hide his face please hidden his face from who Please who is even looking for his face in the first place or who care about his face for him to be hidden it

Please Mr Lagbaja give your life to God and leave all these strange stuffs the world has moved on from where you are still standing promoting African culture does not mean you should be dressing like masquerade please.

There's something called "brand"... It is the element of your uniqueness and identity. That's what the masquerade look is about. The name Lagbaja (anonymous) also resonates the brand strength.

He values his brand & privacy so much that taking photo shots indiscriminately was prevented at his daughter's wedding, as very few cameras were allowed in.

You don't need to be judgmental about his brand, his style or religious values... Need I mention to you that he is not an animist?

Some people do what they do for special reasons. One of the best selling books you'll find on a bookstand is "The Mafia Manager", a book authored by V, an author who has chosen to remain anonymous.

Last note: you won't "win souls" with this your approach

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Leovido(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Can't believe I've seen Lagbaja's real face! Damn! This bruv kept his persona really good
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by bencarson007(m): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2017
laudate:

Maka gini? Why dis matter dey pepper your body like dis? You could have simply stated that you coined the word yourself right from the beginning,
instead of staging this unnecessary drama. undecided

My apologies please.
I was a bit pissed very early this morning and I am wrong to pass on my annoyance to you.
Please forgive me!
I am truly deeply sorry.

Can we be friends?
Friends?
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by laudate: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
bencarson007:
My apologies please.
I was a bit pissed very early this morning and I am wrong to pass on my annoyance to you.
Please forgive me!
I am truly deeply sorry.

Can we be friends?
Friends?

No wahala! Do have a great day! cheesy
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
But the OP is no "blogger" smiley

This write-up is more like an attempt at saying hi to the legend of Lagbaja.... is that so hard to see??

You have no idea who you address. Loollll

Another name for Research works/studies I am exposed to (which involves being "Investigative" and being able to report our findings...) Is Investigative Science.

The words, "Facts" and "sound reporting" are just two of the many things I stand for in my field and beyond. So don't throw that in anyone's face here. Seal it!

Someone made a little mistake of "ogun" instead of "Oyun" due to autocorrect ish and your lots are already on her case. That's destructive mister and very low. So swerve...

Someone writes an original article and all you do is sit as a hypocritical judge on it when you have nothing to show for yourself... How classic... smiley

In all honesty, I thought you're the crooked poster. Why crying more than the bereaved?

What's original about the article?

Get outta my mentions.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
You invited a hammer unto your head when you dropped a silly comment in the first place.... you called an innocent "original" write-up "crap" when you should have simply stayed away if it is so "fake".... so it is you who should behave and stay out of my mentions.

It's really irritating opening my mention to see the nauseating stupidity in your post right now.

You have nothing to show for all your nonsense talks... Absolutely nothing... Have you attempted creating a topic on NL before? Have you? And if you have, have you ever made FP??
And you are here sitting as a moral judge.... Sir, I hate your kinda attitude coz it is your kind that do not appreciate genuine efforts.

Keep wallowing in your low-life state and disgusting attitude okay.... Carry on... You're making good progress Sir. smiley

ayenitre:

In all honesty, I thought you're the crooked poster. Why crying more than the bereaved?

What's original about the article?

Get outta my mentions.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by kobenol(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
Dear @Op
You skipped these major tracks in your listing and they top my favourites anyway.
Cool Temper
Tokunbo
Akebaje
Africalypso
Who Man?
Mammoney
Deja A mi Gente Quedarse[Amnistia]
Fineboy for sale
200million mumu

These tracks span across 6 album releases by the Maestro himself.
Lastly I am most fascinated in his style of releasing albums in twin album batches. That's gangstar mehn..
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by seeniorboy(m): 8:42am On Feb 07, 2017
makydebbie:
Thankssmiley
Sincerely!you are far beyond trying because if someone from Ghana can make a throwback with perfect write up of an artist from another country like this I think it worth more than commendation.

Leave those haters,they are obsessed,that's all what they can only think with there brain,
An advice:-pray they should keep hating and you flying above kilimanjaro
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by makydebbie(f): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2017
seeniorboy:

Sincerely!you are far beyond trying because if someone from Ghana can make a throwback with perfect write up of an artist from another country like this I think it worth more than commendation.

Leave those haters,they are obsessed,that's all what they can only think with there brain,
An advice:-pray they should keep hating and you flying above kilimanjaro
Thanks dear, I grew up in Nigeria so it made the write up easy, considering the fact that I was a big fan. Thanks again smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 22, 2017
Lagbaja is awesome!!!
I wish to meet him one day.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Drabrah(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2017
Friendzone:
So, this is how He looks without the mask? undecided

undecided

sexfabregas:
ewo!! Is this his real face??

wristbangle:
The guy is a legend. cool he is handsome without the masquerade

Franchise21:
Wow. First tym I'm seeing his face witawt mask on it. Never bothered to look for it in d past

lefulefu:
i don see lagbaja face smiley..so na lagbaja be dis

Enybliss:
so thats his real face, lalasticlala come see

Not his real face buh one of d purported faces.
There are many diff such faces & Lagbaja himself hasn't laid claim to any of it.
Even wen he unmasked his face at his daughter's wedding, no pictures were allowed except by the official photographers, & there were not allowed to share.

Rumour has it dat Lagbaja had bought pirated copies of his CD in d past as d sellers never knew he was d one.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by themonk(m): 9:55am On May 31, 2017
makydebbie:

Growing up in Nigeria was fun, and I had the opportunity to listen to lots of talented musicians/music artistes and groups from Africa's most populous black nation ranging from the likes of Onyeka Onwenu, to Asa, to TY bello, to psquare, to wizkid, style plus and so many more.

But among all these, one voice was among the "special few" that did stand out. He was known as, "The masked one". A lot of people still don't know the face behind the mask of this music legend, though recently, he unmasked his face in honour of his daughter's wedding.

His name is "Lagbaja". cheesy

Lagbaja, originally known as; Bisade Ologunde, who is currently based in Manhattan, new york, USA is a Nigerian afrobeat musician, singer and song writer.

He was born in year 1960 in Lagos state. He is from Odogun's compound, ijagbo community in Ogun local government area of Kwara state.

The Nigerian music icon, adopted the name, "lagbaja" ( meaning "anonymous" or "The faceless one" in Yoruba).

He is also an instrumentalist, who plays the saxophone. He made his debut in year 1993 into the music industry and since then, he has been able to fascinate us with his unique style of using traditional African drums/instruments.

His music is purely instrumental but sometimes, they are sung in Yoruba or English or a blend of the two. Most of his songs entertain, while some send a serious message which is most times, filled with humour.

He has won awards such as, Nigerian music awards in 2001, including artist of the year, producer of the year, and album of the year. He and his band performed on the African stage at the BBC music live festival over the Golden jubilee celebration at London's Hyde park in summer 2002.

The songs and punchlines of lagbaja are still in use in our society today. From "konko below", to "gra gra", to "skentele", to "nothing for you", and a few more. His songs and style are ever green and will always be remembered by Nigerians and other Africans, who got wind of his talents also.

Lagbaja was like a breath of fresh air that blew and made us bask in the beauties of true music.
Many legends and class acts come and go. But in lagbaja, we have one who cannot be buried in the annals of history but will always live long in our memories.

There are spirits brave,
There are legends true,
There are legacies eternal and also talents extraordinary.

In the masked one, we had almost all these... smiley

He is truly one of Afrobeats' finest of the finest and King of African Jazz....

Here's to saying; "Lagbaja, some of us still miss you and your music which always offered laughter, entertainment, hope and love".

Lagbaja is a true icon of music not just in Nigeria, but in Africa and till date in the 17th year of the 21st century, is still missed despite the boom in music dynamism and styles across the continent called, "Mother Africa". Lagbaja was a genuine super Original.

Original writer: Makydebbie
(His biggest fan).

Cc: Lalasticlala

Source of some info in the write-up: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagbaja

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/lagbaja-mn0000125482/biography
you write great.
sorry for going through your stuffs lol grin
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by makydebbie(f): 10:21am On May 31, 2017
themonk:

you write great.
sorry for going through your stuffs lol grin
You need permission for that. angry
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nickymezor(f): 11:08am On May 31, 2017
Omo any thing for me? Lagbaja norin for you... grin smiley.I so love his songs. He's one hell of a funny artiste smiley. Nice one OP.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by AstuteJay: 11:31am On May 31, 2017
[quote author=Drabrah post=56782990]

Rumour has it dat Lagbaja had bought pirated copies of his CD in d past as d sellers never knew he was d one.

Even if Tuface enter market today, they would sell him pirated copies of his CD and keep the change
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by themonk(m): 11:51am On May 31, 2017
makydebbie:
You need permission for that. angry
sorry dear,
lagbaja was a great man. still play his songs.
i also like fela
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by makydebbie(f): 12:12pm On May 31, 2017
themonk:

sorry dear,
lagbaja was a great man. still play his songs.
i also like fela
Yea a great man, I miss him. Yea I love fela too.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by elov(m): 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
makydebbie:
Yea a great man, I miss him. Yea I love fela too.

Maky!!!...where have you been?
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by makydebbie(f): 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
elov:

Maky!!!...where have you been?
Been here and there. What's up?
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by elov(m): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
makydebbie:
Been here and there. What's up?

I'm good!...what about you?
Need to chat with you asap.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by makydebbie(f): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
elov:

I'm good!...what about you?
Need to chat with you asap.
Okay mail me.
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by iamclime(m): 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
I'm pleased with your diction and writing style. It was also nice of you to have referenced your writeup accurately. You have what it takes to be a good writer or blogger, not just all these plagiarists and wannabes we have around masquerading themselves as writers. And your opinions on the Masked One are so on point. So Lagbaja no longer holds shows at Motherland? Every human asset we have is leaving this country or practicing from abroad. WETIN dey worry us for this we country sef?
Re: Lagbaja: Living Legend And Bonafide Icon Of Music by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
makydebbie:
Yels oocheesy
makydebbie am sorry dear
I don't met to say that
Am sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwatobiloba Michael Falana Celebrates His 4th Birthday In School (Photos) / BamBam's Look To BBNaija 2018 Finale / Genevieve Nnaji Buys Multimillion Mansion In Accra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.