Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:54 AM

Man Shot His 15-year-old Son After The Boy Admitted Raping A Three-year-old Girl - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shot His 15-year-old Son After The Boy Admitted Raping A Three-year-old Girl (3257 Views)

Man Shot To Death In Buguma In Rivers State This Morning. Graphic Photos / Man Shot Dead In Hotel In Lagos / 4 Suspected Cultists Arrested For Allegedly Raping A Girl During Initiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Shot His 15-year-old Son After The Boy Admitted Raping A Three-year-old Girl by tiatma: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2009
[size=14pt]Man who shot his 15-year-old son in the head after the boy admitted raping a three-year-old girl to plead insanity[/size]

A man shot his 15-year-old son through the head after the boy admitted having sex with a three-year-old girl, a lawyer told jurors in Detroit.

The lawyer acting for Jamar Pinkney Sr., 37, said the admission so enraged his client that the man pulled a gun, marched the teen to an empty lot and shot him through the head.

Judge Brigette Officer bound Pinkney over for trial on one count of first-degree murder, three counts of felonious assault and one count of using a firearm during a felony.

Defence attorney Corbett O'Meara said he plans to file a notice of insanity defence, saying that Pinkney snapped when he shot his son at close range on November 16 as the teen begged for his life.

Pinkney acted "under heat of passion," O'Meara said, and should be found "not guilty by reason of insanity" or found guilty of manslaughter.

He said Pinkney's son's confession would have driven anyone crazy.

'There is no rational response to the rape of a child," O'Meara said after the hearing.

'He was immediately remorseful and didn't seek to hide. He turned himself in to the police.'

He said his client is now devastated and under the care of a psychiatrist
at the Wayne County Jail, where he is being held without bond.

However, during questioning of witnesses, Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Christine Kowal tried to establish that Pinkney had time to think about what he was going to do as he forced his son out of the boy's mother's home before killing him

Authorities in the U.S. haven't said if they believe the teen raped the girl and police have said the matter is not part of their investigation.

Wayne County prosecutor's office spokeswoman Maria Miller has so far declined to comment on the nature of the sexual contact.

Pinkney's confrontation with his son came a day after the three-year-old underwent an examination at Children's Hospital of Michigan.

Results of the exam have yet to be released, although the teen's mother said they indicated her son "had molested" the girl.

The victim's mother, Lazette Cherry, testified Tuesday that her son told her about his contact with the girl in a conversation that stretched long into the night. She said her son called his father about 3am.

She said Jamar Pinkney Jr. asked his father: 'Daddy, can you please forgive me in your heart, forgive what I did?'

The mother said the elder Pinkney agreed to come to the house later to talk further. Cherry's sister, Yolanda Cherry, testified that Jamar Pinkney Sr. arrived about 10am.

Yolanda Cherry said she and her sister talked about getting help for the teen, while Pinkney Sr. said he spoke with the three-year-old's mother and she wanted to press charges.

'Jamar, is there something you want to tell me?' Yolanda Cherry quoted Pinkney Sr. as asking his son.

'He got on his knees in front of his dad and said, "I'm sorry,"' the aunt said.

'What did you do?' she quoted the father as asking.

[size=14pt]'I humped (the girl),' the teen replied[/size]. 'I need counseling.'

Pinkney Sr. didn't immediately respond,
Yolanda Cherry said, and she left to visit her mother's upstairs apartment. She later heard screaming and banging and rushed down to find Pinkney Sr. holding a handgun and beating his son.

Both sisters testified Pinkney Sr. ordered his son to UnCloth and marched him outside. The teen's mother said Pinkney Sr. ordered the boy to kneel in the grass, ignoring his pleas for mercy.

'I said, "Jamar, stop. Don't do this. Think about what you're doing,"' Lazette Cherry testified.

She said Pinkney Sr. stood behind the boy and shot him in the head, then walked around still grasping the gun.

'He didn't want anybody to go back and help him,' the mother said. After Pinkney Sr. left, she rushed to her son's side.

'He's bleeding, blood coming out of his mouth,' she said. 'Somebody said, 'Get some covers, cover him up, keep him warm.' So that's what we did.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1232636/Man-shot-15-year-old-son-head-boy-admitted-raping-year-old-girl-plead-insanity.html#ixzz0YYeZaiBA
Re: Man Shot His 15-year-old Son After The Boy Admitted Raping A Three-year-old Girl by MrCrackles(m): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2009
This is some tragic shit right here. . . sad
Re: Man Shot His 15-year-old Son After The Boy Admitted Raping A Three-year-old Girl by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2009
@post

it was either this or to march him straight to the police station.

(1) (Reply)

7year Old Boy Burnt To Death For Stealing Garri. / I Was Scammed Yesterday. Please, What Can I Do? / Yabatech Lagos is on fire Blackaxe vs Buccaneer cult war VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.