Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Babatunde Fashola For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fashola For President (13448 Views)

How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Fashola For President by pheebs: 12:00am On Dec 03, 2009
I really do hope President Yaruadu'a gets better but sentiments aside now, Nigeria needs to move forward.
Babatunde Fashola should be given a chance at being the President or Vice President of Nigeria. His work in lagos has been commendable so far. I think he would be able to replicate alot of his successes in Lagos in Nigeeria as a whole.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Eziachi: 12:14am On Dec 03, 2009
If your accessment of his work in Lagos is as successful as you meant us to believe, why can't he continue his assumed good works in Lagos? Why do you want him to rule Nigeria that is ungovernable? Why wanting him to be vice president that means absolutely nothing than to shake hand at cocktail parties?
As the governor of Lagos, he is the guy, but send him to ABUJA as anything, he will just become one of the guys.
By the way, I thought that the Nigerian presidency is now turn by turn presidency and the south west have had their own turn through Obasanjo?
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by 1forall: 12:28am On Dec 03, 2009
Being the Nigerian that I am, lemme ask you . . . how much dem pay u?
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Goldmind1(m): 12:50am On Dec 03, 2009
I think Fashola can make a head way.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by babapupa: 1:21am On Dec 03, 2009
1forall:

They don't have to pay you to hope for a better country,
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by pcicero(m): 2:53am On Dec 03, 2009
Well, i love Babatunde Fasola. He is my state governor and he has done so many things. However, being the governor of a state and the president of a country are different things.
I am from Epe LGA of Lagos state and i don't know if any of my folks, even on Nairaland can say we have benefitted anything from his government, ditto Badagry and Ikorodu. I am sure some people here will be quick to remind me that those are just three out of 20 LGs but it was out of those three (3) main divisions (out of 5, the others being Lagos and Ikeja; hence IBILE) that all the present LGs or LCDAs were created.
I am insisting that nothing has changed about those three divisions hence their reluctance to vote for Action Congress
Can you now imagine how some Geo-political zones will feel if Fasola were the president?
I am trying to be very objective here and if there is any contrary opinion, i will expect same to be constructive without any name-calling.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by pheebs: 4:12am On Dec 03, 2009
Truth is regardless of who comes in to power, there will always be complaints. There would always be some region or economic sector that would be neglected or not given as adequate a treatment as interested parties would love. Relatively speaking, he has brought alot of development to lagos. I do not agree that Nigeria is ungovernable, she just needs a selfless and accountable leader whose aim would be to improve the living and economic condition of Nigeria(ns) as a whole and not permit tribalism to be a dictating factor of his actions. Interestingly, there are alot of honorable people out there who can do the job from all parts of the country but as we know, a select group of politicians believe power is their birthright irrespective of if they have the required qualifications or charisma to bring change.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nchara: 5:58am On Dec 03, 2009
Fasola can never rule Nigeria, not after deporting fellow citizens from their country.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Dec 03, 2009
pcicero:

I am from Epe LGA of Lagos state and i don't know if any of my folks, even on Nairaland can say we have benefitted anything from his government, ditto Badagry and Ikorodu. I am sure some people here will be quick to remind me that those are just three out of 20 LGs but it was out of those three (3) main divisions (out of 5, the others being Lagos and Ikeja; hence IBILE) that all the present LGs or LCDAs were created.

I am trying to be very objective here and if there is any contrary opinion, i will expect same to be constructive without any name-calling.

My ijinle! ( Ikorodu, my Ikorodu) I can testify to their being little change in that particular LGA. We are waiting our turn in Ikorodu and we hope it comes real soon!!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by mbulela: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2009
1forall:

guy, i don't blame you.
the happenings in Nigeria are enough to breed cynicism in any sane person.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by faoni572(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2009
Eziachi:

If your accessment of his work in Lagos is as successful as you meant us to believe, why can't he continue his assumed good works in Lagos? Why do you want him to rule Nigeria that is ungovernable? Why wanting him to be vice president that means absolutely nothing than to shake hand at cocktail parties?
As the governor of Lagos, he is the guy, but send him to ABUJA as anything, he will just become one of the guys.
By the way, I thought that the Nigerian presidency is now turn by turn presidency and the south west have had their own turn through Obasanjo?

This is PDP policy, it is not in the constitution that we should rotate presidency
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2009
The preridential post is open to everybody and i think with what is on ground so far as per accessment of fashola and other governors.I will rate him high not because he's my state governor but he has more political will than others.Perhaps if he decided to run for presidency,i will definitely run for him
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by ChapelleS: 9:26am On Dec 03, 2009
forget this idea,it is not feasible,not reasonable and impossible,he should wait for 12years when the other tripods of nigeria has taken their turn
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sjeezy8: 9:44am On Dec 03, 2009
Yes ohhh im just waiting for the igbo president to be rigged in because if nigeria was fair, 2015 people would vote fashola over anyone and that can cause another civil war.

so that being said he should stay in las giddi and finish, after the igbo president is done he can run for president, maybe by then people wont have the mind to call for secession.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2009
I support the idea of Fashola for President but unfortunately, our brothers from the south west have to wait till 2048 to produce the next president and by then, I wonder how old Fashola would be. cry cry
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sjeezy8: 10:08am On Dec 03, 2009
All that taking turns by zone or tribes will NEVER make nigeria a real democracy or better country. As I see it being president in Nigeria isnt anything to be proud of or boast about considering zoning the pdp presidency implies rigging a candidate into office based on his zone/tribe .

being president under pdp party is only boy boy stuvs
I tire for this country, govs who are genuine should perform well for their state, because zoning is complete bullshit. Why even vote for a president? smh
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by ShadyDeal(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2009
Nigeria as a nation puts the worst in the best position and the best in the worst position. A nation that puts a Fashola in charge of Lagos and a Yaradua in charge of Nigeria can never be great! Nigeria as a nation will never be great.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by rethink: 10:48am On Dec 03, 2009
@post

I am Nigerian first and from the south west. I subscribe to fashola but i want soludo to be the president. that is my God given unallienated right.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2009
Truth be told,i think the south-south has a better shot at the presidency than the south-east.the south-east is seen as a region that may likely brokered secession if given the presidency.Agitation for biafra state and the civil war has hampered the prospect of an igbo presidency vision, So until then,,
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Gbawe: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2009
I think Fashola would probably be a good President but so will a lot of other guys. Ken Nnamani , for example , is a good Potential President IMO. Getting a decent President for Nigeria is not difficult because all we need is a pro-people individual who will work for Nigerians and not the various cabals, mafias and Kingmakers many of our leaders (including Yar Adua) have sold their souls to !!!

The Major changes and reforms needed to improve Nigeria are not even difficult to achieve with genuine political will. Everyone , even those who despise us , generally agree that Nigerians are very dynamic and innovative. If we had 24/7 electricity I can bet any money that serious industrialisation and development can be seen in as little as a few years !!!! Realistically, how difficult is it to electrify Nigeria if the committment to do so is genuine and total ?

Fashola and others constantly cry for the deregulation of the Powers sector yet an FG , led by a highly 'compromised' President,  refuse to even inspect the feasibility or 'workability' of such an idea !!!!

As long as we keep gaining President who will work for the various cabals , rather than for Nigerians, we are going nowhere. Even on Nairaland I read thing that make me believe that some guys here can lead Nigeria effectively. Above everything , we need someone committed to working for ordinary Nigerians and not 'interest groups'.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by rethink: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
@gbawe

Decree 13 is the one that does not give the power to state government to generate power
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by 1forall: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2009
Then I wonder how come a military decree is still in place in our 'demo-crazy'?
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by clickplust: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
We are a company that lives and breathes a philosophy that’s centered on not only making sound business decisions but also personally and professionally finding ways to contribute to the well being of society. We are also a company that understands community.mail clickplustechnologies@yahoocom.FOR MORE DETAIL
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by KnowAll(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
Fashola can never be President,

1. He is not a member of a National Party

2. AC will probably capture Lagos State and maybe Anambra State if PDP don’t rig the election for Soludo. I am actually struggling to mention a 3rd State AC will win.

3. He has chosen the part of opposition and whoever choose the part of opposition will not taste power nationally but only regionally like Awolowo no wonder the younger Awolowo’s embrace the ruling and national party.

4. The SW has already produced a President.

5. Amongst the heavy weights who are in opposition he comes after Buhari, Atiku, his boss Tinubu , Bafarawa. Any chance for Fashola getting the Presidential nod over the aforementioned after his stint in Lagos State is minimal.

6. If you don’t play the lottery u don’t win the top price and since Fashola does not belong to PDP, I cannot see how he can be President, I will bet my last penny that individual’s like Fani- Kayode will probably get the top Job b4 Fashola.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by ShadyDeal(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2009
@KnowAll

Your logic is both puerile and infantile. What gives you the impression that everybody who must be president must come from the PDP? And for your information, rotational presidency is not a constitutional issue. Buhari contested against Obasanjo even when it was agreed power should go to the south. If not for rigging, Buhari would have been president. So bro, never say never.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by olafolarin(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
The fact still remains that Fashola is one of the best candidate for the national job.This can be achieved through the Mega Summit Movement(MSM).If fashola is adopted as the Presidential candidate of the MSM,he will definitely win any election against Yar'Adua.
But first,the forces behind the MSM(notably Atiku,Bafarawa,Buhari) will have to bury their presidential aspirations.

Nigeria is 40-something years behind in development,clear leadership and economic/social empowerment.We need to get it right this time by voting for the right person.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by wirinet(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
Fashola is not Mentally, Politically and strategically strong enough to rule Nigeria, he is still a political neophyte tied to the apron stings of Tinubu
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by oamon: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2009
KnowAll:

2. AC will probably capture Lagos State and maybe Anambra State if PDP don’t rig the election for Soludo. I am actually struggling to mention a 3rd State AC will win.

3. He has chosen the part of opposition and whoever choose the part of opposition will not taste power nationally but only regionally like Awolowo no wonder the younger Awolowo’s embrace the ruling and national party.

5. Amongst the heavy weights who are in opposition he comes after Buhari, Atiku, his boss Tinubu , Bafarawa. Any chance for Fashola getting the Presidential nod over the aforementioned after his stint in Lagos State is minimal.

6. If you don’t play the lottery u don’t win the top price and since Fashola does not belong to PDP, I cannot see how he can be President, I will bet my last penny that individual’s like Fani- Kayode will probably get the top Job b4 Fashola.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by demowealth: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2009
Well i support you because i don't really understand this Yar'Adua man again. I believe Fashola will perform well even as a President.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by ayomidej(f): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2009
I agree Fashola is a Governor and he has done some good things in Lagos. But he is still learning the trade and another 4 years as Governor will be good for his political career, then people can judge if he is fit to be the President of Nigeria.

Being a Governor and a President of a Country is two different things and I don't think he can handle that pressure at the moment.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by oamon: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
KnowAll:

5. Amongst the heavy weights who are in opposition he comes after Buhari, Atiku, his boss Tinubu , Bafarawa. Any chance for Fashola getting the Presidential  nod over the aforementioned after his stint in Lagos State is minimal.

[color=#000099][/color]

I think you are right to some extent. But you know we make a change. Remember the beneficiary of election rigging are the "rigger" they make use of people of low intellect. If you and stand by our vote and inform the 'rigger' to  refuse to be  bribed then, we can put the evil cabal to same
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
DON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN A CORRUPT BILLIONAIRE BECOMES THE NEXT PRESIDENT. IT IS A FAMILY THING. IT IS A MONARCHIC THING. IT IS A PERFECT NIGERIAN BUSINESS,FASHOLA WILL BE ASKED TO SIT DOWN IF HE TRIES IT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jarus Discusses Nigeria, Youths & Social Media On Channels, LTV And Bentv / Osinbajo Inaugurates Board Of Sovereign Investment Authority / Manashe Ehile: Aregbesola’s Ex-Aide Launches Mobilisation Group For Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.