Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience (34291 Views)

An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra / We Thought You Should Know! / My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by NeutralJUDGE(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2017
EHI9ICE:

Carzola when you go return back from Injury Our midfield dey miss you spectacular awesomeness sad
Criuzly we need Cazorla badly...our midfield tomorrow would leak badly cus Coquelin is really losing form

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by SmartyPants(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2017
Losing hope in this country... cry
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2017
guywitzerogal:
pls either Hausa or Afonja as long as she cover her face like a M" she s likable to bomb anytin
Here we go again! Have you seen her picture to conclude that she covers her face? Have you heard of a Yoruba Muslim getting involved in BH activities? It's apparent that your dislike for the Yoruba will make you class them in any negative category.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by oglalasioux(m): 11:40am On Feb 03, 2017
I served in northern parts of Borno State during the early days of Boko Haram. You can't buy pure water if you can't speak Hausa. They'll use all sorts of derogatory words for us when we go to the LGA secretariat for CDS. The Yoruba Muslim corp members were not allowed to pray in their mosque. Nigeria is just a geographical expression.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 11:40am On Feb 03, 2017
People are also ignoring the part where she said the principal also harassed a Calabar girl just because she wasn't Igbo.

Is the Calabar girl too Buhari's sister or is she a Muslim too?

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by freeborn76(m): 11:43am On Feb 03, 2017
This is an unfortunate reality; the Igbos are undoubtedly Nigeria's most tribalistic tribe and I say this with all sense of sincerity. I schooled in the East and even long before this current Biafra hullabaloo, I was always reminded that I was 'the other'...they would always say when Biafra is declared we will kill all of you ofem mmanu people...the sad part is that they live in other parts of Nigeria as if they are demigods...let's grant them Biafra so that we all can rest...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2017
Ooni:
I am a yoruba but she lied

and you know this how?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2017
AreaFada2:

Whatever. Is it not Boko and fanatics that have turned people against their religion?

It is people like you that ignore the root cause and clutch at straw or blame CIA for causing the bombings. In case you do not know, people like you are suspected of tacitly supporting Boko through silence or distracting from the main problem. Hence people's anger.

Like I said, nobody ask Christian victims which tribe they belong to.

FYI, it is going to get much worse.
So firstly, you pulled up a stat saying 70% of Nigerian Muslims are Hausa which you couldn't prove. Secondly, you don't know me yet claim that 'people like me' are suspected of tacitly supporting BH and 'people like me' accuse the CIA of the bombings. Dude, your source of knowledge is greatly flawed.

PS: Noticed how you deviated from answering whether the lady in question is Hausa (as you claimed) or not?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2017
caprini1:
I some how doubt this stories. ...I am from the east and even till date corpers stay for free in our bq,and even get free food supplies from my aunt who takes care of the house,this has been like this for two decades plus,my late dad will always reminded everyone how Jakande made him not to spend a dime and train all his children,including some of his sales boys for free in Lagos schools.

The fact that you never experienced it does not mean it did not happen.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by logica(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2017
KevMitnick:
... although I am not ibo but Damn....she told me how some of the hausas do harass them
You are not Igbo? Where are you from?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Reggie2(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2017
The hausa girl in hijab and her sympathizers highlight the 'Nigerian question': they play deaf to the lamentations of other aggrieved persons because of their privileged position in the country, and sensationalize mere embarrassing comments of real or imagined fear. Those guys in the east should be told to chill : imagine the KONKOMBILITY. This goes to show how narrow minded the so called educated youth of this great country can be. SMH

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by ayindejimmy(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2017
HungerBAD:
If indeed this happened then it is bad.

But again i am not a Northerner, but my Service in the East was really enjoyable,even if i had to be battling with Scorpions that crawled into my room in the village i served nearly everyday.

I was treated real nice in the East.

Funny Story: So the first day we Corps Members reported to the school we were to teach, at the assembly line that morning, all we kept hearing was HOLY GHOST FIRE, HOLY GHOST FIRE in the morning devotion at the School, as the prayers was conducted in the Ibo Dialect.

Later one of the female Corper who was an Easterner now informed us that the prayers was for us the male corpers.

And that if we had plans on getting any student pregnant then HOLY GHOST FIRE.

That must be b4 the 2015 election
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by AreaFada2: 11:57am On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
So firstly, you pulled up a stat saying 70% of Nigerian Muslims are Hausa which you couldn't prove. Secondly, you don't know me yet claim that 'people like me' are suspected of tacitly supporting BH and 'people like me' accuse the CIA of the bombings. Dude, your source of knowledge is greatly flawed.

PS: Noticed how you deviated from answering whether the lady in question is Hausa (as you claimed) or not?

You have deviated consistently from the cause of her predicament so you have no right to ask me any question. Flaw is your name in fact. First prove to us that she's not Hausa. And prove here that not Northerners make up 70% of Nigerian Muslims (that is is Efik or Urhobo) who do.

Remember, Northerners do not even regard Yoruba Muslims (Christlims) as proper Muslims. Fact grin grin

They consider only themselves proper Muslims. cheesy grin

See what they said about Gani Fawehimi's delayed burial.

I wish I had time to continue this you, but I do not.

You ignore matter and ask for statistics.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by abiolasogey(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Anunty shutup u idiot. Even europian fear ur veil, everyone fears ur covering, so why single out the Igbos?

U act so holy and what have u not, what do u and ur people do to Igbos up north? It's an untold story, no one should talk till they hear the other side.

Your own is just oral harassment and u re crying. We get assault, we re called "iyamiri baban doya uba daya kakan gwoma"

We dnt move freely up north no matter how long it is u ve stayed or how deep ur tongue is to the language. We dnt go to night vigil cos ur chances of returning is slim, u can drink alcohol and be save.

Igbos re just managing to stay up north cos cost of living is very low compared to down south, fixing in will be difficult for a family that's why u see people still pretend to b Dia.

Nonsense girl. Even Lagos is banning veil cover and u re in the East ranting.

As trump ban una, d world no go hear word, but una ban jew from entering una countries with death penalty, why Jews people never full street?
The reverend father is human, I even think say na assault him assault u.

Me too I hate yoruba more than anything, I like Hausa people sef, na dis Dia religious imbalance I no understand. Dey almost killed me back den.
me bigman shake ur head to d left and to the ryt,you will notice a small stone rolling around in your head, that's what you have in place of your brain.. be spitting rubbish..

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Idaraobong5(f): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
@HungerBAD..please what is Ofonja?.. Am new here
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by ayindejimmy(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:
Why does these people always like to play the victim when they are the most tribalistic people I have ever seen? I served in ekiti. Go to the banks, you will be amazed how a banker treats you if you can't say ekulere oh, eseooo. It's everywhere. Not to boast, I graduated the best in my department 2014, in a federal university of technology in the north. I was told to my face I can't be retained cos I'm an Igbo. So what's the fuse. The people who go around throwing bombs wear the hijab. Its only logical for people to be hostile towards you putting on the hijab. That has got to change though if Nigeria is to move forward. But ranting about nothing making you ever to go to the east, Igbos feel the same way too. Nigeria has always been divided ethnically, religiously, and otherwise. It didn't start from where you experienced it. Where did omo ibo originate from? Enyamiri nko?

You ppl hate what you don't understand

"OMO " means child

" Aboki " means my Friend

There's no harm in it.
I used to hate people calling me Aboki b4 but when I stayed 3 years in the north L learned it's harmless

Except you're not OMO Igbo

And you're not Aboki

Even at Alaba international and computer village here in Lagos, at first notice, Igbo will start speaking Igbo language to you.
LOL! So everyone that comes to Alaba or computer village is Igbo?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Airtimex(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
caprini1:
I some how doubt this stories. ...I am from the east and even till date corpers stay for free in our bq,and even get free food supplies from my aunt who takes care of the house,this has been like this for two decades plus,my late dad will always reminded everyone how Jakande made him not to spend a dime and train all his children,including some of his sales boys for free in Lagos schools.

The girl added salt and pepper to make the story sweet...never heard a corper died serving in eastern part of Nigeria due to violence, but corpers die here and there in the north due to violence.

Igbos are really peaceful and accommodating...mayb the change mentality got her and she forgot that east is different from north.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Rozaay: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
Talking about blindness, do you care to show me where she stated that? If you can't, the person who should see an optician might just be the person whose username starts with 'R' between the two of us.

Cheers☺

By the way, this is her location according to her Twitter bio.
go back to the begining of this thread and read the write-up from that start.

The question is still how does her folks up north treats other tribes or are those in the north that will detest someone for not being a Muslim not her folks again?

By the way what does her twitter location has to do with where she came from? Lol

Even the ones in Lagos has clearly stated having similar experiences ( the world is rejecting you guys already if you don't change your ways)

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Kakamorufu(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
fernandoc:

Liar. You think Aba boys have time to worship u because ur a corper. Think again. Dem no even see or notice you. Weda person pass self Dem no notice am.
lmao. well ion live in aba. buh all d way. they noticed us. cos we got bags of swags, and to cap it all up. they are still way back in time.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by KevMitnick: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
logica:
You are not Igbo? Where are you from?
Why u wanna know Bro?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
AreaFada2:

You have deviated consistently from the cause of her predicament so you have no right to ask me any question. Flaw is your name in fact. First prove to us that she's not Hausa. And prove here that not Northerners make up 70% of Nigerian Muslims (that is is Efik or Urhobo) who do.

Remember, Northerners do not even regard Yoruba Muslims (Christlims) as proper Muslims. Fact grin grin

They consider only themselves proper Muslims. cheesy grin

See what they said about Gani Fawehimi's delayed burial.

I wish I had time to continue this you, but I do not.

You ignore matter and ask for statistics.
You want me to prove to you that she isn't Hausa when you were the one that 'accused' her of being Hausa in your first post. Don't you know that the burden of proof lies with the accuser? The onus to prove that she's Hausa lies with you. Secondly, you asked me to prove that not Northerners make up 70% of Nigerian Muslims, when you were the one that claimed that 70% of Nigerian Muslims are Northerners. I asked for the source of the stat but instead of providing it, you asked me to prove otherwise.
Whether Northerners regard Yoruba Muslims as proper Muslims or not isn't the issue here.

⬇Peep your comment calling her an Hausa.⬇

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by opad(m): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
and that's the PROTEST we should be having. Protest against ourselves, mediocrity, tribal sentiment, nepotism, etc. We've got more dangerous issues as this than protest against fuel price or governance alone. Nothing will work if this pertinent issues still remain, nothing will work if there is absence of love for one another irrespective of tribe or religion.
KevMitnick:
This happens everywhere in the country. First I was in Lagos attending an RCCG church in Ikeja, a first timer. During the Sunday school class, the pastor starts to rant about all these ibo people, they are problematic, they are this and they are that. I just siddon they look, although I am not ibo but Damn.
Second I travelled to the north to visit my aunt and she told me how some of the hausas do harass them calling them infidels and stuff, threatening to kill them. Thirdly, my friend contested for an sug position in BUK kano, dude was a Muslim from kogi, not from the core north, and couldn't speak hausa fluently, that single 'flaw' was used against him in the elections, he lost gallantly.
I could go on and on, it's a sad reality. When you are in a place like that, try to blend in. My aunt in the north wraps a veil (gele) over her head now, that has eased the harassment. You should try to blend in, they are just being afraid and fearful people are harmful people. Sorry

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by hakimi1974(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
wellmax:
I love NYSC but I regret serving in Abia state. Such unpleasant an unaccommodating peeps.
not all abians, if it is aba i will agree with you, they are so uncouth and unaccommating.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by jamislaw(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
The worst place to serve is eastern Nigerian. Don't even go there.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by AlwaysUltraPad: 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
BlackSeptember:
I served in Kwara and i can tell you that corpers had their own price which was higher so we do give the locals money to buy foodstuffs for us
it's a big problem.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Zane2point4(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Na you cause am, why did u dress like dis, you wana scare they poor students?

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Rozaay:
go back to the begining of this thread and read the write-up from that start.

The question is still how does her folks up north treats other tribes or are those in the north that will detest someone for not being a Muslim not her folks again?

By the way what does her twitter location has to do with where she came from? Lol

Even the ones in Lagos has clearly stated having similar experiences ( the world is rejecting you guys already if you don't change your ways)
I have read it and there's no where she said she is from the North. You still claim she's from the North whereas you can't show where she claimed that.

You really need to see an ophthalmologist, if you keep seeing 'north' where there's none.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
Zane2point4:
Na you cause am, why did u dress like dis, you wana scare they poor students?
Is that how she really dressed? Care to show me a picture of her? Or you just assumed because she covers her hair, it automatically means she covers her face too?

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by peterswagg(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Anunty shutup u idiot. Even europian fear ur veil, everyone fears ur covering, so why single out the Igbos?

U act so holy and what have u not, what do u and ur people do to Igbos up north? It's an untold story, no one should talk till they hear the other side.

Your own is just oral harassment and u re crying. We get assault, we re called "iyamiri baban doya uba daya kakan gwoma"

We dnt move freely up north no matter how long it is u ve stayed or how deep ur tongue is to the language. We dnt go to night vigil cos ur chances of returning is slim, u can drink alcohol and be save.

Igbos re just managing to stay up north cos cost of living is very low compared to down south, fixing in will be difficult for a family that's why u see people still pretend to b Dia.

Nonsense girl. Even Lagos is banning veil cover and u re in the East ranting.

As trump ban una, d world no go hear word, but una ban jew from entering una countries with death penalty, why Jews people never full street?
The reverend father is human, I even think say na assault him assault u.

Me too I hate yoruba more than anything, I like Hausa people sef, na dis Dia religious imbalance I no understand. Dey almost killed me back den.
i was actually enjoying your post until you said you hate Yoruba.you are very stupid and foolish for saying that.oponu ayerada

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by laudate: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
caprini1:

And some people will come here to insult Lagosians, claim there is nothing good about them and call Lagos a no-man's land, after they have benefited from her legacies....smh. Those of us who live in Lagos are happy with the place, even though we come from different parts of Naija. sad

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by AlwaysUltraPad: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Sanchez01:

They know the moment you don't speak Igbo. It's not that difficult. About extortion... My then CDS co-ordinator once said 'an Igbo man would readily cheat his father'. I found this out in the most difficult way. Interestingly, I didn't experience this until recently. I had customers in the market who were quite fair in their dealings.

Again, we all have tribal stereotypes and most of them are quite true to an extent.
shocked brutality!

Well, had some experiences too. I hate stereotype, but some things I heard about them are true.

In fact, I lost my phone on a keke from gate in umuahia to aba road , a man who later joined the keke picked it up and gave it his son-inlaw to look for the owner. I called the guy the following day , he asked me to meet him at Gate that he was at a meeting and whenever he was done, he'd let me know. When he was done, he called me and we met. He told me upon seeing me , he was sure I was the owner because of my glasses and the pictures I had same glasses on which were on the phone.

This happened to other corpers too and their stories corroborate mine. This indeed change my orientation about the igbo. They have good people too.

I took him to a nearby bank, made withdrawal and appreciated him in cash and assured him that I wasn't paying him for what he did , but to show him I'm grateful and that there's a reward for being good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by vislabraye(m): 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
tunde4eva:
Omo ibo, na dem dem lipsrsealed

But to be honest, i served in the yeast and never xperienced such.. I actually enjoyed my time there, even as a muslim. So..

M bk to NL. Try nd stop me cool

You never experienced such and you are quick to say omo ibo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Redeploy After 3weeks NYSC Orientation Camp / NYSC Mourns Owolabi Precious Ayo On Facebook / This Is What Really Happened To The Corper Who Died In Zamfara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.