Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" (19611 Views)

Egor Efiok Shades Toke Makinwa Over Her Plastic Surgery Ass And Bleaching / Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida Have Lunch Together / Toke Makinwa Before & After Bleaching For Maje Ayida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Ajasco222: 8:12am On Feb 03, 2017
Toke Makinwa’s estranged husband, Maje Ayida has hired British lawyers to sue Toke Makinwa over her tell all book ‘On Becoming’ which he says is an “exaggerated fabrication”.

He has also asked her to stop the sales of the book and all forms of promotional activities.

The request was made of Makinwa by Maje Ayida, who’s lawyers have also sent the on-air-personality, a “letter of demand.”

Makinwa’s book, On Becoming, had detailed her account of her relationship/marriage to Ayida, a fitness expert.

In the book, the television personality accused Ayida of giving her sexually transmitted diseases, being a serial cheat and committing adultery.

The legal documents describe the book as nothing but “exaggerated fabrication”.

The book which was published November 27, 2016, by Kachifo Limited, was said to contain “defamatory words”.

They are Carter-Ruck, a leading defamation law firm in the UK to top figures like Simon Cowell, Elton John and Chelsea FC while Kemi Pinheiro (SAN) of Pineiro LP is heading the legal front in Nigeria.

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/02/maje-ayida-hires-british-lawyers-to-sue.html

2 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Ajasco222: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2017
The legal documents used against Toke Makinwa

2 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Jeffrey12(m): 8:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Ghen ghen. Been expecting this.

9 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by africandollar: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
Ghen ghen! Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am. I am sure all the proceeds from the book sales would not be able to cater to 1/10th of the fees if she's found guilty. Let this me a warning to all to never listen to the advice of 'friends'.

18 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by keyanZuzer: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
grin is it not Toke again? She'd have written one hell of a lie in that book

10 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
I thought they were cordial.

He attended her birthday party na.
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by onyekachee(f): 8:24am On Feb 03, 2017
well I don't blame him,how many women goes about writing books about their cheating spouse,she went overboard,as far as saying she was infected by a veneral diease....na WA o

15 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by queenfav(f): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
This is going to be war.You don't write a book of that sort and use his real name!She couldn't get legal advice or what?I saw this coming anyways.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by repogirl(f): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
This is gonna be naaaaasssty! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by veekid(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by donfemo(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
A lot of those things she said were hyped but the book also revealed how money drunk Toke is, she saw all the signs to leave this man but stayed with him because of money and now the money is no more coming she is using sympathy and tarnishing the man image. He has every right to sue.

13 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Divay22(f): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Where can I get the book self cool

4 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Cyriloha(m): 8:26am On Feb 03, 2017
Well I think I don't have anything to say what's all this yeyebrity new everywhere
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Drienzia: 8:26am On Feb 03, 2017
He has infected Toke with STD Hope its not HIV ni...If not hmmm, madam toke, na to de single till eternity o.

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by jayAjoku(m): 8:26am On Feb 03, 2017
watching the story unfold with eyes wide open, my popcorn and Hollandia. feel free to join me grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Agimor(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Makinwa hypocrite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Read why maje ayida is doing this:

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/02/blog-post.html
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by HumanistMike(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
It is always smart to look out for the dating history of a love interest before going forward with a relationship. Now Toke's new guy will be dragged in the drama in some shape or fashion. Poor guy.

If she doesn't get married to this new dude, then she should just get pregnant and be a baby mama because no guy will ever want the drama she brings.

4 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Opakan2: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Trust women at your own peril.
After thinking the world revolves around their arse but get disappointed, they cook up lies to play the victim

posterity will always judge

5 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Handsomecole(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Instead of this one to go and write his own book and expose Toke too. It's that simple. Book wey Don cast already.

14 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Vanessa88(f): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2017
This book is all shades of wrong

9 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Lemonade01(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2017
Long overdue! One woman that cannot move the F on wif her life cannot coman slander my name to garner cheap fame and money. Except you are ready to split the proceeds with me 70:30 undecided

9 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
She finally got what she wanted.... His attention.....

5 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by dumie(f): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2017
She invaded people's privacy without asking for their permission in telling her story... She didn't realize that she could be charged for defamation and slander.. Besides, no one forced her to remain in a toxic relationship

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Desdola(m): 8:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Every you shouldn't expect all she wrote to be true. its her book and she would portray herself a saint in it
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Baroba(m): 8:33am On Feb 03, 2017
I sincerely hope he wins, can't stand that biaatch..

2 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Adonis7: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2017

Lol... I piry toke

But, why dem expose her address like this na
[/i
passyhansome:
A LITTLE BIT LATE DUDE

[i]
Lol... The justice is never too late

#Adonis7HasSpoken

2 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by passyhansome(m): 8:36am On Feb 03, 2017
A LITTLE BIT LATE DUDE

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by eyinjuege: 8:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Orisirisi...

I thought his ex-girlfriend got pregnant for him while he and Toke were still married? Isn't that enough proof of adultery?
If she was treated for a sexually transmitted infection while they were married, it should be in her hospital records unless she went to backyard chemist. The date of treatment can easily be reconciled with the dates they were still together. Since there's proof of his adultery, nothing says he's not the one to have infected her with std.
I don't think she lied about what he did at all, unless he denies the paternity of his child with another woman.

Unless there was a contract of non disclosure in their marriage, he has no case

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ujah Ruth, Queen Of Unity Nigeria Releases New Photos, Set To Launch Project / Stop Insulting Celebrities And Their Marriages - Toyin Aimakhu Laments / Funke Akindele Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today. Releases Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.