Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,571 members, 7,801,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist (2730 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2017
If God truly exist, why do the innocent suffer, why are bad things happening to people that dnt deserve it. Bill gate, mark zuckerberg and many rich people are atheist and very rich and succesful. As for me, am very much ok, but if my expectation dnt turn around within 1week then there is no God and i seize to be a christain, i seize to pray, go the church or knw God.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by ModestGal(f): 9:42am On Feb 03, 2017
Am not sure if you will be able to understand these things am gonna be telling you,but I hope you do and at least I have done my part in trying to help you.
About good and evil, the truth is that Christianity has painted unreal things real especially in the aspect of good and evil, they believe good things are from God why evils are from satan.They tell people the world created by God is innocuous,that's why they run from pastors to pastors in the name of solving problems, this is not leaving Muslims that shamelessly run from Alfas to Alfas to help them solve thier problems.
Evil and suffering exist to test mankind's faith
Suffering is a part of this life, but if we prove worthy, there will be no suffering in the next.We Muslims believe that goods and evils are from God, their are things we humans consider evils but they are not evils,intact they are good for us in the long run.
The Quran says...
"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to as-sabirun (the patient ones)." [Al-Qur'an 2:155]
also, regarding the point,why Allah does put anyone in pain, Allah says in Quran:
and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.' (Surah Baqarah: 216)
“The life of a believer is truly amazing. Everything that happens to him is good. This is only true for a believer and none else. If something pleasant happens to him, he is thankful and that is good for him. If something bad afflicts him, he is patient and that is also good for him.” (Muslim)
Affliction is part of the test of life. If God were to interfere and prevent every bad thing from happening to each individual, it would be like taking the test away from a student.
Saying that the bad that exists in the world is
necessary does not mean that it is justified or
praiseworthy . Believers are always commanded to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, which is another test in itself.
Being able to see the big picture often affects how we perceive what is good and bad. Someone with little foresight may claim that the injection of a vaccine into a patient, which contains traces of disease, is a bad thing while the injection of heroin, which leads to euphoria, is a good thing. Not being able to understand that the vaccine will help develop immunity to that disease or that taking heroin will develop into a drug addiction is due to a lack of medical knowledge and experience.
God said:
“We sent messengers before you [Prophet] to many communities and afflicted their people with suffering and hardships, so that they might learn humility. If only they had learned humility when suffering came from Us! But no, their hearts became hard…” Qur’ān 6:42-43
God said:
“Do people think they will be left alone after saying, ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying.” Qur’ān 29:2-3
Upon analysis, we realize that the Prophets, who are the highest in rank in the sight of God, faced the most difficult tests of all people. Clearly, merit must be earned.
It should be patently clear that the inability to see the wisdom behind something should not be a cause of criticizing that thing. Of course, the final analysis concerning all of this is: God knows best.This is just like a child being beaten by the parent, to the child, what the parent is doing is painful,evil and wicked, but to the parent, what they are doing is best for the child,intact it shows they are good parent. Remember our brain when we were in our mothers belly, our brain when we were very little, and our brain now, also a time is coming that our brain will start diminishing, what am trying to tell here is that their was a time when we were little that we do some things and perceive them to be right but now we recall and say ""ohh, I was soo stupid then"",this is the same as that there are some things that we may not just understand and be able to reason out now,one of it may be why must evils happen to us,how can God be somewhere watching all of us in this universe,Nigeria, America,Britain etc,so large a place, how can God watch all of us,etc..Imagine what would have happened if our brain grows 10times in it current speed and in multiples for 1000years, imagine how we will look at today and be like """ohh I was stupid then""

No body should quote me except op, thanks

3 Likes

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2017
You are right or might be right, can a good father watch his son beaten?, will a good mother starve her children. Why will a good God watch evil prevail and call it a test. One incures a horrible incident and you think a good GOD or god wouldn't have prevented it. Many philosophers, great men past and present were atheist and they prospered with their own principle, equality. fairness and justice.

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:
If God truly exist, why do the innocent suffer, why are bad things happening to people that dnt deserve it. Bill gate, mark zuckerberg and many rich people are atheist and very rich and succesful. As for me, am very much ok, but if my expectation dnt turn around within 1week then there is no God and i seize to be a christain, i seize to pray, go the church or knw God.

One week is too much. If you turn now you will have more time enjoying your new life.

Go read psalm 82, after your done ask me to explain. Don't ask me till you read it.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

One week is too much. If you turn now you will have more time enjoying your new life.

Go read psalm 82, after your done ask me to explain. Don't ask me till you read it.
I've read it, but it means nothing, just like reading a peom
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

I've read it, but it means nothing, just like reading a peom

That is the different between those who receive from God and those who does not.

One need the holy spirit to reveal to him the mysteries of God hidden in scriptures.

One day as I read that book God spoke to me clearly saying, "son you no not, neither do you have understanding." Therefore, he continued, "you walk in darkness that is while your life has lost bearing, but if you will discover the light in my word to walk in them. You will not have to pray to me before your life return on the right course." And He gave me sign.

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by malvisguy212: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2017
God want the people in this world to live in peace ,but if you hate me, will God force you to love me ? Your dad command you not to do bad things but you disobey his command , if surffering start, who will you blame ? your father or yourself ? Bro, people surfer because they chose the wrong way.

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2017
It is not the scriptures you know that count but the scriptures you understand and do (apply) that you profit from.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
God want the people in this world to live in peace ,but if you hate me, will God force you to love me ? Your dad command you not to do bad things but you disobey his command , if surffering start, who will you blame ? your father or yourself ? Bro, people surfer because they chose the wrong way.
Listen, i was a good christain, an exco in a christain org. i lived a good life, but where is God. Nw i see a big diff b/w me an atheist, they are happy and prosperous.

1 Like

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:
It is not the scriptures you know that count but the scriptures you understand and do (apply) that you profit from.
You've read lots of history book. The bible is nothing but a history book. i read it and i see lots of deceitful pastors quoting areas that will make their pocket big, why won't god/God expose them instantly. The law of a country is there to guide, and any disobedience to it attracts punishment.

3 Likes

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by malvisguy212: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

Listen, i was a good christain, an exco in a christain org. i lived a good life, but where is God. Nw i see a big diff b/w me an atheist, they are happy and prosperous.
did you know the chracter of a good christian ? You see, the fame the riches of this world the money and all what you are after, this things are temporarly﹑they dont last forever, but jesus promies everlasting life to all thoes who aknowledge Him. Secondly, being a christian does not stop you from making money﹑ but the bible make it clear that the road is NARROW, am sure you know﹑ why are you comlpaining ? Surfring is not something that will disconnect us from God, surfring help to grow our faith, the bible call it a rifining by fire. If you chose to be an atheist, good luck with you.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by newyorks(m): 10:35am On Feb 03, 2017
and why are u publicizing it?do u want to be discouraged ni its a free world bro follow ya passion.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

You've read lots of history book. The bible is nothing but a history book. i read it and i see lots of deceitful pastors quoting areas that will make their pocket big, why won't god/God expose them instantly. The law of a country is there to guide, and any disobedience to it attracts punishment.

In my first write up I encouraged you to join the people you want to join. I did not beg you like most Christians will do. Do you know why?
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
did you know the chracter of a good christian ? You see, the fame the riches of this world the money and all what you are after, this things are temporarly﹑they dont last forever, but jesus promies everlasting life to all thoes who aknowledge Him. Secondly, being a christian does not stop you from making money﹑ but the bible make it clear that the road is NARROW, am sure you know﹑ why are you comlpaining ? Surfring is not something that will disconnect us from God, surfring help to grow our faith, the bible call it a rifining by fire. If you chose to be an atheist, good luck with you.

Any Christian who is suffering lack understanding. Persecution is different from suffering. You are not permitted as a Christian to suffer beyond awhile or a moment.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2017
malvisguy212:

yeah

Job in your fairytale book suffered because he "Chose the wrong way"

these Christians

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hahn(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2017
Op, whatever you do, do not throw your bible away.

You can use it to roll weed and even wipe your ass after a good poop

Yes, it is very useful smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:49am On Feb 03, 2017
I'm an atheist and every regular on this section knows that

I want as many Nigerians as possible to become atheist BUT I don't want them to become one out of being disappointed

I want atheists that become one due to lack of convincing evidence for the existence of any god

I want to believe your anger isn't directed at the imaginary friend you call god but to yourself for being gullible enough to have believed in him for so long which involved sacrificing so many things; this is akin to the anger one feels having been scammed by someone, you appear angry at the person but deep within you you're angry at yourself for not seeing through the charade from the start till it was too late; you replay your contacts with the scammer over and over again and realise the scammer had given himself away a few times but you were too blind and too far gone to notice

if the above is correct - if its yourself you're angry with - you're welcome

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:50am On Feb 03, 2017
hahn:
Op, whatever you do, do not throw your bible away.

You can use it to roll weed and even wipe your ass after a good poop

Yes, it is very useful smiley

Hahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by malvisguy212: 10:51am On Feb 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah

Job in your fairytale book suffered because he "Chose the wrong way"

these Christians
job case is totally different, job case is trial, the bible make it clear, the christian way is a NARROW WAY and it lead to life. The bible say at the beggining it is not easy but the end is life, you chose or you disobey.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by malvisguy212: 10:53am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Any Christian who is suffering lack understanding. Persecution is different from suffering. You are not permitted as a Christian to suffer beyond awhile or a moment.
you are correct my brother.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:56am On Feb 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
job case is totally different, job case is trial, the bible make it clear,

how does this refute the fact that one can suffer even when one is with your god? Jobs example proves this beyond reasonable doubt

the christian way is a NARROW WAY and it lead to life. The bible say at the beggining it is not easy but the end is life, you chose or you disobey.
can a Christian suffer?

3 Likes

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

tell me about Job

and about "beyond a while" or "a moment" can you be more specific?

that's cuz 20 years can be "a while", 50 years can be "a moment"

so how long can a Christian suffer for before it becomes clear that the suffering is not from god?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
you are correct my brother.

God has been revealing this truth to man but he like following his own path which are laced with ignorance.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hahn(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Everyone suffers for a while or a moment. It is part of life

Being a Christian does not guarantee anything because you still face the same challenges everyone else face

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by malvisguy212: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

how does this refute the fact that one can suffer even when one is with your god? Jobs example proves this beyond reasonable doubt

can a Christian suffer?
i say, the christian way is a narrow way, lot of obstacle in their.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 03, 2017
Last month made me 1 since I become atheist

3 Likes

Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

In my first write up I encouraged you to join the people you want to join. I did not beg you like most Christians will do. Do you know why?
WHY..
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell me about Job

and about "beyond a while" or "a moment" can you be more specific?

that's cuz 20 years can be "a while", 50 years can be "a moment"

so how long can a Christian suffer for before it becomes clear that the suffering is not from god?

Job caused his predicament even though God's boast in him made it happen. Job's fear created the chance, that is while God is saying, "fear not". Fear is a snare of the enemy. Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

The reality of job is that he was 247 defended by God's fire but ignorance made him doubt this defence (fear) and saw it broken down

Awhile or a moment represent the time frame it take you to understand the truth of your divinity, Dominion, victory etc until understanding come, your portion of the inheritance of God for you in His word cannot be delivered.

God is a respecter of no one.

You can only get your freedom when you know (understand) the truth.
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2017
OoniOfIfe:
Last month made me 1 since I become atheist

Congratulations
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 11:13am On Feb 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
i say, the christian way is a narrow way, lot of obstacle in their.

can a Christian suffer? that's my question
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 03, 2017
Elbizzcklinz:

WHY..

As a man you should make your choice and allow others make theirs.

No matter how one tries, the best he can offer to others is knowledge. And knowledge has no profit outside understanding and wisdom.

So if you understand the side you want to go to. Goodluck!
Re: I Have 1week Before Turning An Atheist by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 03, 2017
hahn:

Everyone suffers for a while or a moment. It is part of life

Being a Christian does not guarantee anything because you still face the same challenges everyone else face

Being a Christian guarantees a way of escape from challenges not outright stoppage of them. Without challenges there will be no growth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding / Pastor Offers Behind The Scenes Look At Kanye West Service Where '2k' Got Saved / It Was The Devil's Handiwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.