Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students (1330 Views)

Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation / Teachers In Abia Clean Up Schools Before Resumption (Photos) / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by Innovictor: 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Six teachers at the Federal Government Girls College in Calabar on Thursday alleged that they were beaten in the presence of pupils by operatives of the Department of State Services, Cross River State Command.

dss 5.jpg

They alleged that the armed security officials stormed the school premises at about 10am on the invitation of a female DSS official who had come to beat up a teacher for flogging her daughter.

One of the teachers, Mr. Owai Owai, said he was flogged in front of his pupils by the DSS woman and her husband.

Other teachers, who claimed to have been beaten up when the school later became flooded with DSS officials, identified themselves simply as Ndarake, Inyang, Udoh, Agba, Njor and the college’s Chief Security Officer, John Ikpeme.

A security official, identified as James, said the DSS officials who stormed the school in three vehicles, shot repeatedly into the air before they forcefully gained entrance.

However, the state Director of DSS, Mr. Fubara Duke, said the matter was a case of mistaken identity.

Owai, who teaches Civic Education in the senior class, said trouble started when he flogged some pupils for failing to sweep their classroom.

He said, “I was about to teach when I noticed some junior pupils sweeping the classroom of the senior pupils. I learnt that the senior pupils had imposed it on them. It was a wrong precedent because all the pupils had been told to sweep their respective classes.

“I punished the senior pupils who ordered the junior ones to sweep. I gave each of them two strokes of the cane on their palm and one of them challenged me for flogging her. Before I knew what was happening, she telephoned her mother, whom I later learnt was a DSS official. The mother came to the school with her husband and they started beating me.

“They used my own cane to flog me in the presence of the pupils. My fellow teachers came in to stop them, but they were rebuffed. Later, the DSS woman called her colleagues for reinforcement and that was how the school became flooded with DSS officials. They started beating teachers who ran into them.”

Another teacher, Amos Princewill, said the DSS officials took away two mobile phones, a binocular and N80,000 belonging to his colleagues who were molested.

Source:https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/dss-storms-calabar-school-flogs-teachers-in-front-of-students.232270/
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by habiham: 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
imagin the changed we voted for in Nigeria from fry pan to fire
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by obongtunji: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Just look at what has become of this noble organisation
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by tukdi: 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
Only time will tell what the spoilt pupil will become tomorrow! undecided

The question is: Was she the only pupil that was beaten?

The answer is a capital NO! cool

My dear teacher, don't worry, just surrender everything into God's hands! cool

Cheers!!! cool
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by Hbaba: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
La la. Pls front page
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by ionsman: 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
habiham:

Stop fooling yourself...
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by orunto27: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mischief galore.
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by abnsugbe: 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
habiham:

2019 is around the corner...Get ur PVC and vote for him again.....PMB is una messiah baaaa?
Believe me i never trusted Jona sef,my own is let there be Revolution,simple..I longed know PMB has notin to offer to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by IVORY2009(m): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by 9jizzy(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Can You Imagine, So Our Teachers Ain't Safe Anymore...

BUHARI IS AN ANIMAL...
NIGERIA IS A ZOO...

#iStandWithTuface
#iStandWithBiafra

lalasticala
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by ayaside(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
What the hell is wrong with parents??Be careful of the seed you plant today..You gonna get a tree in return.
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by Damsonkc(m): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
The DSS personnel should be sacked, however the teacher should also be suspended. Flogging has been outlawed in most states in the north. There are less abusive ways to correct the child than flogging.
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by Heavenlyminded: 11:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
I strongly condemn dis act... Very bad from d part of d so called dss. Karma is real ooooo. Hope both d daughter and d parent know dat undecided
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by Heavenlyminded: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Damsonkc:
The DSS personnel should be sacked, however the teacher should also be suspended. Flogging has been outlawed in most states in the north. There are less abusive ways to correct the child than flogging.
Do u mean it is illegal for a teacher to beat his/her student in some northern state in Nigeria? undecided.... But I guess dis is a ss State nah
Re: DSS Storms Calabar School, Flogs Teachers In Front Of Students by Damsonkc(m): 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
Heavenlyminded:
Do u mean it is illegal for a teacher to beat his/her student in some northern state in Nigeria? undecided.... But I guess dis is a ss State nah

I meant south. Pardon me.

(1) (Reply)

Join my forex trading group today and earn an average 2079$ for every 25$ deposi / Breaking: ASUU Suspends Strike / Bus-stops From Ikeja To Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.