Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. (5699 Views)

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / Amazing Transformation Of A Lady Born Bow-Legged / Did You Give Your Parent In Your First Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Explorers(m): 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hope was abandoned by his family because they thought he was a Witch and was found in the streets by Anja Ringgren Loven, a Danish woman living in Africa.

A starving child who was left for dead by his parents who thought he was a witch has been pictured full of joy as he sets off for for his first day at school.

Photographs of the little boy known as Hope broke the world's hearts last year after a charity worker found him emaciated and riddled with worms after being abandoned.

Having made a miraculous recovery, the now healthy-looking youngster set off to embark on his education in a strapping red outfit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4187766/Boy-dumped-parents-thought-WITCH-recovers.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Explorers(m): 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
A year Later.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by madridguy(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
I'M HAPPY FOR THE BOY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Explorers(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hope was abandoned by his family because they thought he was a Witch and was found in the streets by Anja Ringgren Loven, a Danish woman living in Africa.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Explorers(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
The healthy-looking boy has made a remarkable recovery after his traumatic ordea.

Anja, who works with a number of children in Nigeria, sits with Hope and another child on her lap.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by madridguy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

This is our problem here in Africa, precisely Nigeria. We claimed to love God, We go to Mosque/church From Sunday to Saturday, from Tahjud to Asalatu, from one mountain to house fellowship yet we hate each other. I'm sure many self acclaimed men of gods/child of gods saw the little boy while roaming around the street back then but everyone neglected the poor innocent boy.

With tattoo all over the lady, don't know if she attend church or mosque, but she has a good heart. May Allah accept her kind gesture as an act of IBADAH.

29 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by sauceEEP(m): 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Wow!!

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by hahn(m): 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
The baby's parents were Christians who thought the kid was a witch and subjected the child to neglect and eventually abandoned the child

Loonies everywhere

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Blessed16(m): 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
this child will be great in future and will never never take care of his parents,
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Blessed16(m): 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
Blessed16:
this child will be great in future and will never never take care of his parents,
don't quote me
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
hahn:
The baby's parents were Christians who thought the kid was a witch and subjected the child to neglect and eventually abandoned the child

Loonies everywhere
The practice of labelling children witches from some African cultures. I doubt any Christian churches do. May be a the Christian cults that mix traditional spirituality with Christianity

4 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Isaacmacdon(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
hahn:

Loonies everywhere
Your hate towards Christians only makes life worse for you. How sure are you that the parents are Christians? Haven't you heard of the traditional religion that buries alive a child thought to be an "ogbanje"? Your ignorance stinks to the high heavens, and I'm certain heaven would reject it.

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Aremu01(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Money answers all things
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nice smiley
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
My Oh my... Thank God for the angel he sent to that boy. God bless that sweet lady. And bless the little boy.

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by hahn(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
Your hate towards Christians only makes life worse for you. How sure are you that the parents are Christians? Haven't you heard of the traditional religion that buries alive a child thought to be an "ogbanje"? Your ignorance stinks to the high heavens, and I'm certain heaven would reject it.

Those are still works of Christians. I already saw the documentary on this issue. This child's story is only one of many somewhere in calabar. There is this pastor who sees such "visions" backed by Jesus Christ. There was even a girl who had a ten inch nail drilled into her head

Muafrika2:

The practice of labelling children witches from some African cultures. I doubt any Christian churches do. May be a the Christian cults that mix traditional spirituality with Christianity

Do you mean the same Christians who label old women witches and even go as far as neglecting them and even beating and lynching them? The same CHristians who believes "na village people dey do me"? Oh please you guys should take it easy on the display of hypocrisy undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Marvel1206: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
hahn:

Loonies everywhere

This is what happens when you allow your personal sentiments to becloud your rational thinking

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Isaacmacdon(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
hahn:

Those are still works of Christians. I already saw the documentary on this issue. This child's story is only one of many somewhere in calabar. There is this pastor who sees such "visions" backed by Jesus Christ. There was even a girl who had a ten inch nail drilled into her head

Do you mean the same Christians who label old women witches and even go as far as neglecting them and even beating and lynching them? The same CHristians who believes "na village people dey do me"? Oh please you guys should take it easy on the display of hypocrisy undecided
I pity you.
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by carzola(m): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
Am ashamed of Africa.
Such a black wicked race.

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by hahn(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Marvel1206:

This is what happens when you allow your personal sentiments to becloud your rational thinking

Whatever
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by hahn(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
I pity you.

I pity you more

6 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by AyamConfidence(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
Many people will condemn that woman for her appearance but they forget the most important thing...she has a large heart

I might not be able to do what she did and for that I'm humbled

May God bless her

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by AyamConfidence(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
carzola:
Am ashamed of Africa.
Such a black wicked race.
bro I'm amazed at the amount of wickedness that comes out f this continent... I'm more ashamed of Africa especially our nation
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Abiagirl777(f): 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
did youvsee that smile that plumpy cheeks that gives out an aura of satisfaction.No fear of ridicule,no fear of hunger,that smile says I'm home' .
God bless you Anja,you've done what even our religious ppl won't do,he was hungry and you fed him,he was naked and you clothed him.
(sobs)...life.

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Funjosh(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
Pele tongue

hahn:

Loonies everywhere
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by raumdeuter: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
Muafrika2:

I am a Christian but this is promoted in some part of Nigeria. This Evangelist Helen Akpabio specifically was the one promoting the message of child witches and has led to the death of many children

Go on youtube there was a documentary on it around 2009 where sevral kids were killed in Calabar after some churches labelled them as witches

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Funjosh(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Such a cute and lovely baby
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by raumdeuter: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
This is one of the documentary. Its prevalent in Akwa Ibom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGzFN_NalI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
She has a big, kind, beautiful heart.

AyamConfidence:
Many people will condemn that woman for her appearance but they forget the most important thing...she has a large heart

I might not be able to do what she did and for that I'm humbled

May God bless her
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Gofwane(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
God bless the kind lady. Were it to be an african lady with such tattoos, the society would have condemned her. Religion is the greatest epidemi that struck africans.
Honestly, i was moved close to tears when i saw this pictures.

Honestly, most african traditions are evil.

7 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
Some white people won't help anyone if there was nothing like publicity.

They are charitable for the world to see not because they really give a fvck.

All for the camera..and accolades

(Except for rare cases like this) Africans are surviving because of you and me.

Tired of many whites playing the good guys. To fool simpletons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of A Kid Left To Die Of Hunger By Parent In Africa. by sexyslim001(f): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
OMG I couldn't stop cryin as I look at d pix, how could a mother do dis to her child.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Settling After Marriage(advice) / Am I Still A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.