Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. (25054 Views)

Police Uncover New Strategy For Robbing Bank Customers / MC Truth Accused Of Drugging, Raping, Robbing And Assaulting Lady / Customs Officer Kills Unarmed Passenger Over 5k Bribe(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by dainformant(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
The suspected killers and robbers of a Customs officer, Aliyu Dayyab who was murdered on 22/12/2016 have been paraded. Read the press statement below;

PARADE OF MURDER /ARMED ROBBERY SUSPECTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ROBBERY AND KILLING OF AN ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF CUSTOMS (ASC) ALIYU DAAYAB AT TINCAN AREA OF LAGOS

BY THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,

CSP. JIMOH O. MOSHOOD ON 3RDFEBRUARY, 2017, AT FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA

Gentlemen of the Press, you are welcome to today’s press briefing. First and foremost, permit me to on behalf of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, express profound appreciation and gratitude to members of the general public, most especially public spirited individuals for their support and cooperation with the personnel of the Nigeria Police Force across the country in terms of making available useful and timely information that have led to so many successes for the Force.

2. This afternoon, I am parading before you a five man gang of vicious armed robbers and killers of an Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASC) Aliyu Dayyab on 22/12/2016 at Tincan area of Lagos.

3. Sequel to the report of the incident and a coordinated operation carried out by IGP’S Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and Technical Intelligence Unit (TIU) on the directive of the Inspector General of Police, to fish out the killers of the custom officer. The following suspects were trailed and arrested between 28th December 2016, and 18th January, 2017.

SUSPECTS: Five (5)

i. Lucky Williams ‘M’ 29YRS from Oboritu LGA AkwaIbom state (gang leader)

ii. Akinloye Samuel ‘M’

iii. Abraham lot ‘M’

iv. Bolaji Taiwo ‘M’ 25yrs

v. Lanre Humplrey Aimuto ‘M’ 33yrs

EXHIBIT:

i. ONE INFINIX PHONE belonging to the victim recovered from Lucky Williams the gang leader.

4. It is pertinent to state that Humphrey Aimudo organized the gang that robbed and killed the Custom officer on the 22/12/2016 while he closed from duty on his way home. The suspects confessed to have information that the custom Officer had in his possession four million Naira cash and some Dollars and this prompted the attack and killing of the officer after they snatched the bag containing some money from the officer.

All the suspects volunteered confessional statements admitting the various criminal roles they played in the commission of this heinous crime. They will be arraigned in court on completion of investigation for murder, armed robbery and conspiracy.

5. The success recorded in this case is a clear testimony to the fact that no matter how a suspect tries to hide from being arrested, he would be eventually arrested and prosecuted to serve as a deterrent to would be criminals. 6. The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, is hereby assuring all Nigerians of adequate security and commitment of the Nigeria Police to work assiduously to further reduce crimes and criminality.

CSP. Jimoh O. Moshood
Force Public Relations Officer
Force Headquarters
Abuja

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/police-parade-suspected-killers-of.html

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by CastedDude: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
hope they are the real killers

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by dainformant(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by ademega(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
They should please make sure they die in that custody
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Jabioro: 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
If it is true they deserve no mercy... let them dance to the music they created.. by hanging

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by ylaa(f): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
what is this world turning into
killed an innocent man just because of an information
you aint sure of
please God let thy will be done
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by vengertime: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
I no talk am? Na dem.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
E DON BE FOR UNA....TIYIN TI BA YIN...
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by ndusam17(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
about time
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by stephmike(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
Na wa
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by teozey111(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
do they look like herdsmen?I think so
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by vengertime: 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
CastedDude:
oya go find the real killers for us na

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by ogologoamu: 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
They no write their names
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Life4Varnity: 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
To come to my country self dey fear person at times

I will keep on renewing my stay until I keep hearing good news about my country Nigeria

I need go renew my visa tommoroow with extra 6 months

It is well.
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by mankan2k7(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
#istandwithtubaba

the protest will be hot in Ekiti

no to d dullard

1 Like

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by mradjoy(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
The heart of man is indeed desperately wicked!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by 1Rebel: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ndi ofe as usual.

8 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by 1Rebel: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
Who else noticed that they are all yoruba? (except the gang leader who is from Akwa Ibom) SMH

13 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Zico5(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
one fool up there is still saying hope they are the teal killers upon confessional statement. Which way Nigeria. Even some idiotics here would still Anini if they have been born during his time. We need proper orientation things ought to be right.
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Olubukola16(f): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
shocked

Op and crime news be like gbegiri and ewedu cheesy.

To all the "tribalistic" bigots above me, take your time! Crimes can be committed irrespective of the race or tribe so, keep kwayet already!

2 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by AlphaStyles(m): 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
carry them to kirikiri
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by SniperFire: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
Niaraland is becoming a political site. There is time for everything. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I am just saying undecided
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
CastedDude:

No, na d fake one.

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
It seems NPF is now trying their best to curb armed robbery cases. kudos to the Nigerian police on this.
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by SalamRushdie: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
lfleak:
Nice..

In other News, Iran just dumped USD! Another freedom fight looming!

İran must be punished for that
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by madridguy(m): 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
Iran dropped US dollar as in? Educate me please.

lfleak:
Nice..

In other News, Iran just dumped USD! Another freedom fight looming!
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
madridguy:
Iran dropped US dollar as in? Educate me please.

IpobExposed is back o. Long time Madridguy.
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by AngelicBeing: 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
Insecurity of lives / properties & corruption are two deadly evil chains holding development in Nigeria, senseless killings , that is why it is better to trust nobody in Nigeria today, most crimes are based on informants and information made available to wicked devils lurking around the corner ready to shed blood.sad sad
Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Afonjas again?

11 Likes

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Itzurboi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Life4Varnity:
To come to my country self dey fear person at times

I will keep on renewing my stay until I keep hearing good news about my country Nigeria

I need go renew my visa tommoroow with extra 6 months

It is well.
with the way you spelt "tommoroow", i dey sure sey your abroad no fit pass "somalia".... Anyway, enjoy ur stay there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Arrested For 'Robbing And Killing' A Customs Officer In Lagos. by Kseafresh: 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
God don catch them...Burukus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Looting Of Palliatives In Birnin Kebbi Kara Market Just Now (photos) / Cultist, Kidnapper & Armed Robbers Arrested In Benue Show Their Guns & Money / Girl Turned To Snake In Warri: Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.