Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named (14433 Views)

CBN Withdraws Skye Bank’s License To Operate / Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Islie: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Skye Bank has announced the voluntary resignation of some of its Executive Directors from the services of the bank.

The Directors, who had served in Executive Management capacity for nearly two years, have been part of the new Board of the bank, which came into being following the July 4, 2016 intervention of the Central Bank of Nigeria and subsequent re-constitution of its Board.

The Directors who resigned are Idris Yakubu, Markie Idowu, Abimbola Izu and Bayo Sanni.

In order to ensure a smooth leadership progression and service delivery to its customers, the following senior officers, all General Managers, have been re-assigned to oversee the affected directorates: Segun Opeke will oversee the Lagos Commercial Directorate, comprising Corporate, Commercial and Retail; Ayo Abina will supervise the South Directorate; while Femi Aribaloye will oversee the Risk Management Directorate accordingly.

The new appointments takes immediate effect.

The Group Managing Director of the Bank, Tokunbo Abiru, thanked the Executive Directors for their service to the bank, noting that they had contributed immensely to the successful leadership transition which commenced last year.

One of the Executive Directors, who spoke under anonymity, noted: “Having put in some time in the bank, resignation from service is not new in the industry.

“New structures will always create new opportunities and challenges.

“I think this is the right time to step aside for others to also contribute to the growth of the Bank.”

The Bank has also announced that the new development does not in any way affect the smooth running of her operations as the Bank continues to deliver banking and other ancillary financial services to its customers across the country.

Skye Bank is one of the eight banks described by the regulatory CBN as a Systematically Important Bank on account of its size, market share and financial interconnectedness in Nigeria and the West Africa sub-region.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/skye-bank-executive-directors-resign-replacements-named/

lalasticlala
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Adesiji77: 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
Change of "guards"... cool

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by davide470(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
And so?

Will the share price increase from 0.50kobo??

We want to see full year result not all this "change of baton"..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 04, 2017
I hope this current change in Skye bank is not associated with financial crisis. As at last year we heard about the financial bail out given to them by CBN. I pray our banking Sector is not in any shape near collapse
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by nmreports: 7:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Lies. Niggas resigned probably due to overexposure from efcc cases.Dafuq outta here with your rabbish "happens all the time" excuses. Story for ifa

4 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 7:11am On Feb 04, 2017
We must protest

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality" - Desmond Tutu

#iStandWithNigeria #iStandWithTubaba #EnoughisEnough
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by LEXYCOM: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2017
haaa
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by adorablepepple(f): 7:13am On Feb 04, 2017
That's how to know Skye bank is about to crumble.
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by makdcash(m): 7:13am On Feb 04, 2017
Three executive hav run down the bank.... cool

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by seunfly: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Firefire(m): 7:14am On Feb 04, 2017
Segun Opeke, articulate and well grounded. Congrats and best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Abdulazeez007(m): 7:16am On Feb 04, 2017
<booked>
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by HAH: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2017
Skye and Heritage Bank have shown all the earlier signs of a bank in trouble, hjope depositors will thread with them with caution

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by seunfly: 7:20am On Feb 04, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
We must protest

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality" - Desmond Tutu

#iStandWithNigeria #iStandWithTubaba #EnoughisEnough

Is it the same 2face who has dinned and wine with the Poeple that has runined Nigeria financially, why can't he do it when he was dinning with them but he planned protest when he couldn't eat from the table at the top. Let us continue to deceive ourselves ooo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Rencent(m): 7:24am On Feb 04, 2017
Is the bank a Yoruba bank?
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by lawbabs: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2017
HAH:
Skye and Heritage Bank have shown all the earlier signs of a bank in trouble, hjope depositors will thread with them with caution

Don't say what u don't know. At least I am very close to one of the affected EDs. They were part of the sacked management last year. They were only retained on the board till now because of smooth transition. The Bank has now completely taken out the former management in line with CBN mandate...

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by mickeyrova(m): 7:32am On Feb 04, 2017
Good Corporate Governance Code in play.
Nice one!
Also check out my trending hit single "let's flow" @
http://m.padypady.com/music/4991/Lets-flow-Mickey-rova-MP3
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 04, 2017
My Uncle is among them, why did he resigned?
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Adesiji77: 7:37am On Feb 04, 2017
davide470:
And so?

Will the share price increase from 0.50kobo??

We want to see full year result not all this "change of baton"..

cheesy grin

"Voluntary resignation" indeed. Tell us another story... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by HAH: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2017
lawbabs:

Don't say what u don't know. At least I am very close to one of the affected EDs. They were part of the sacked management last year. They were only retained on the board till now because of smooth transition. The Bank has now completely taken out the former management in line with CBN mandate...
throughout year 2016 to date skyebank and heritage bank are always in the news for the bad reasons and you are saying I shouldn't say what I don't know, I have witnessed how banks failed in 90s and 2000s and even recently, which I can I easily deduce the pattern when banks are in trouble, I still maintain my stance that depositors should thread with caution as regards any unstable bank
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by louken(m): 7:59am On Feb 04, 2017
That awkward moment when your employer gives you the option of resigning voluntarily or being resigned forcefully
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by wellmax(m): 8:06am On Feb 04, 2017
makdcash:
Three executive hav run down the bank.... cool

I hope this idiot will also remember to check the names of the replacements.
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by wellmax(m): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2017
seunfly:

Is it the same 2face who has dinned and wine with the Poeple that has runined Nigeria financially, why can't he do it when he was dinning with them but he planned protest when he couldn't eat from the table at the top. Let us continue to deceive ourselves ooo.
That's what patriots do. Dine with them when they do good, speak out when they do bad. It's not about personal interest. You really need to understand this.
I support Buhari 100%, but if the protest will make him up his game, then I'm in. #istandwithnigeria
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Papasland21: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2017
lawbabs:

Lie,so wat about those stepping into their shoe ? Is Abina, Opeke and Aribaloye not part of Akinfenwa/ Timothy Oguntayo team dat grounded d bank.
Ask your ED friend to tell u the main reason he was leaving and stop selling us HOPE 93 campaign slogan bro.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by deenee: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2017
For avoidance of doubt. The people that resigned were not the ones that put the bank in trouble.

Those were sacked by CBN last year. Also for avoidance of doubt Skye got into trouble because the Chairman Tunde Ayeni a know GEJ crony was giving loans to himself and friends without due process and also did a lot of shady deals with the past govt.

He was the one that bought Yola and Ibadan Disco using depositor funds of about 300m dollars. He also used almost 150m dollars to finance contracts from NNPC all of which were over invoiced. There is also the matter of the 120b loan to proxies for the Heritage/Enterprise Bank acquisition.

Are we also quick to forget the millions of dollars stashed by PeJ in the bank?

And for those that follow the news very well. We are informed that the management in place was a transitional one hence just a matter of time before they are asked to go and a new team in place or maybe this is the sign of a possible acquisition. They is talk of a bank in SA shopping around to acquire a mid size tier 2 Nigerian bank and Skye looks like a sweet target.....low share price.....new management.....trying to clean their books etc. Let's watch and see.

3 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by tulipsmadra: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2017
I dont get all these they should release my late dad's money 4 me na. After all the plenty process i went through ehn
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by rallymento(m): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2017
Markie Idowu...ED IT
Bayo Sanni ... ED CRO

Time to build new relationships...thanks for your awesome and high professionalism in your services to Skye Bank

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by rallymento(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2017
deenee:
For avoidance of doubt. The people that resigned were not the ones that put the bank in trouble.

Those were sacked by CBN last year. Also for avoidance of doubt Skye got into trouble because the Chairman Tunde Ayeni a know GEJ crony was giving loans to himself and friends without due process and also did a lot of shady deals with the past govt.

He was the one that bought Yola and Ibadan Disco using depositor funds of about 300m dollars. He also used almost 150m dollars to finance contracts from NNPC all of which were over invoiced. There is also the matter of the 120b loan to proxies for the Heritage/Enterprise Bank acquisition.

And for those that follow the news very well. We are informed that the management in place was a transitional one hence just a matter of time before they are asked to go and a new team in place or maybe this is the sign of a possible acquisition. They is talk of a bank in SA shopping around to acquire a mid size tier 2 Nigerian bank and Skye looks like a sweet target.....low share price.....new management.....trying to clean their books etc. Let's watch and see.

Nice write up..... But I think it's time to quit the blame game... No body is blaming Obasanjo n 16 billion dollars Electricity scam...because he is an Afonja abi?...some of these banks were doing loads of shady dealings before GEJ took over power... So I find ur write up baseless for accusing GEJ and the Wife for the issues with Skye bank..
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by Lakeland4321: 9:06am On Feb 04, 2017
deenee:

You also forgot to mention the Mainstreet Bank acquisition of over N100bn also with depositors funds. I wonder how a bank will allow a Chairman, who is not a part of the executive mgt will have access to 100's of billions of depositors funds without CBN intervening or at least some whistleblower from within the bank alerting the public of this unprofessional act! That is how owner CEO's in the past had absolute control and abused power several times to enhance their own standing or to undermine others. Banking in nigeria is still infantile and clannish in some ways
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by seunfly: 9:10am On Feb 04, 2017
wellmax:

That's what patriots do. Dine with them when they do good, speak out when they do bad. It's not about personal interest. You really need to understand this.
I support Buhari 100%, but if the protest will make him up his game, then I'm in. #istandwithnigeria

Dine with them when they steal and share with me? Keep deceiving yourself.

The problem of Nigeria today is hypocrisy, just take side that we like based on sentiment and ignore the bad things once it sooth us.

Waiting be my own? I just dey look una.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands / What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? / Prospa Raises $3.8 Million In Pre-Seed Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.