Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi (1265 Views)

Please Rate My Nairaland.com Front Page Mock Design In HTML/CSS/JS / How To Move Your Trend To Front Page. / Can't A Thread From This Board Make Front Page?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by uvalued(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2017
i just checked nairaland frontpage and i saw double post...what coukd have caused it?

Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2017
Shit happens
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by directonpc(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2017
Setting topic ID column as unique could save nl from such embarrassment. And even make promoting/updating a topic that is already on fp easier (e.g live football scores). I hope seun will consider that in the future.
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by ProNdubuisi: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
And getting to fp, is a manual thing o, if it was an algorithm thing i would have said that, one person created two similar posts, even with topic_id as primary key it could still happen. My question is, are both posts from the same person?
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by ProNdubuisi: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2017
directonpc:
Setting topic ID column as unique could save nl from such embarrassment. And even make promoting/updating a topic that is already on fp easier (e.g live football scores). I hope seun will consider that in the future.
database queries don't generate a single row twice, unless the same information is contained on multiple rows. It could be an error in code, i have seen that in PHP before(i know NL doesn't use php).

queries in PHP are returned using foreach loop, which returns the result twice, one accessed by a number index, and the other accessed by the table_column_name as index. notice that the result appears just one after the other. Only seun can tell what happened sha.
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by directonpc(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
ProNdubuisi:

database queries don't generate a single row twice, unless the same information is contained on multiple rows. It could be an error in code, i have seen that in PHP before(i know NL doesn't use php).

queries in PHP are returned using foreach loop, which returns the result twice, one accessed by a number index, and the other accessed by the table_column_name as index. notice that the result appears just one after the other. Only seun can tell what happened sha.
What is this one saying? Someone that thinks it's crap too should hit like
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by Seun(m): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
The supermods submitted each link twice and for some reason was slow to correct it.
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by directonpc(m): 7:22am On Feb 07, 2017
Seun:
The supermods submitted each link twice and for some reason was slow to correct it.
Ok. Though it will be very nice if you could totally patch the backend. That way the mod can't submit a topic twice(multiple times) or ever worry about correcting that.
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by ProNdubuisi: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2017
ProNdubuisi:
And getting to fp, is a manual thing o, if it was an algorithm thing i would have said that, one person created two similar posts, even with topic_id as primary key it could still happen. My question is, are both posts from the same person?
ProNdubuisi:

directonpc:
What is this one saying? Someone that thinks it's crap too should hit like
I told you front page was a manual thing, and seun has confirmed that, it may or may not be a programming error as i rightly pointed out. Why do Nigerians like to bully others online even when they don't know better.
Re: Why Double Post On The Front Page - Photi by directonpc(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
ProNdubuisi:

I told you front page was a manual thing, and seun has confirmed that, it may or may not be a programming error as i rightly pointed out. Why do Nigerians like to bully others online even when they don't know better.
Must u speak?

(1) (Reply)

Android Developer Needed / Advantages Of The Linux OS Over The Windows OS / Codelagos Lekki Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.