Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,928 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) (57422 Views)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by kode12: 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

Lol. You mean to say sitting back and watching people commit suicide, commit murders(there are cases when JW parents refuse to have their kids receive blood transfusion and the kids died), label and victimize people(mostly the elderly) as witches, put faith over reason, exploit followers through tithes and offering, blow up innocent people in the same of religion and do nothing about it is the way to go?

undecided
Please comment with facts here. Where have Jehovah's Witnesses labeled elderly witches,committed suicide or victimized people?Ask around and you'll know that in times of natural disasters,Jehovah's witnesses have some of the best response teams,comprising mostly of volunteers who sometimes fly in from other countries to help not just fellow Jehovah's Witnesses but also non witnesses around. Google is your friend,check out The twin tower bombing in 2001 and Hurricane Katrina to mention a few.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by BlackMystery(f): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
undecided undecided. undecided undecided It's none of my business how you decide to end your life

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ChristianFreedo(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mynd44:
This is silly. Her church did not stop her from receiving blood, she herself did not allow it becuse of her faith. Her church did not force her to believe in those things, she did it because she felt it was right.

When will we learn to respect the faith of others and not try to pull them down? I guess bigotry is in a lot of us.

In reality, she didn't have a choice. No member does. Her choice was like between the devil and the deep blue see.
I had posted an article here that explains more on this blood issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/3470410/jehovahs-witnesses-free-make-informed

https://www.nairaland.com/3447120/coercion-personal-choice-reality-jehovahs
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ministeriallist: 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mynd44:
This is silly. Her church did not stop her from receiving blood, she herself did not allow it becuse of her faith. Her church did not force her to believe in those things, she did it because she felt it was right.

When will we learn to respect the faith of others and not try to pull them down? I guess bigotry is in a lot of us.

So many people die everyday even after accepting blood transfusion. So what's the noise about someone who refuse contaminated blood?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Mynd44: 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
dejonathan:
Nice one bro... If I may ask Are u a Jehovah's witness??
No.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by IYANGBALI: 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mynd44:

if I talk my mind now,na to put me for that una yeye prison till I get belle,no worry kontinue
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
kode12:
Please comment with facts here. Where have Jehovah's Witnesses labeled elderly witches,committed suicide or victimized people?Ask around and you'll know that in times of natural disasters,Jehovah's witnesses have some of the best response teams,comprising mostly of volunteers who sometimes fly in from other countries to help not just fellow Jehovah's Witnesses but also non witnesses around. Google is your friend,check out The twin tower bombing in 2001 and Hurricane Katrina to mention a few.

I actually meant to include all the vices of religion in perspective and not just JW. Of course, JW have lots of programs that benefit society. You can even create a thread on it

Just stay focused on the topic. Refusal of blood transfusion
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by princetom1(m): 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
I don't use fowl languages online except its joke. I better walk out of here, there are too many people who are supposed to be in primary school here, who doesn't know anything about medical profession dan doing abortion and taking pills for malaria. Next time u read something, do little research before u showed ur limited knowledge. The last time i checked, nobody can carry out any treatment on u except u okayed it or someone who is in ur capacity okayed it, it doesn't matter u are wrong or not, its called, right. Funny enough, its provable biblically and scientifically. Bye

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by kode12: 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

What is the verse in the bible that supports refusal of accepting blood transfusion?
' please read Gen 9:4. Acts15:20,28,29 and please before you might say the bible says no to eating blood not transfusion ask yourself, in ,both transfusion and eating where's the final point of action of the blood?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by kode12: 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

I actually meant to include all the vices of religion in perspective and not just JW. Of course, JW have lots of programs that benefit society. You can even create a thread on it

Just stay focused on the topic. Refusal of blood transfusion
Sorry about that then.Back to the topic.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by sekundosekundo: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mynd44:

Jehovah's witness is not a church. I think they call it organisation.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by browniex: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

The bible also reports that Jesus dying was part of god's plan. And Jesus was privy of it yet they came and died. That is suicide. Do you think drinking otapiapia is the only was to commit suicide?
what about the suicide bombers that blow themselves up,is that one different from what Jesus did?does suicide have different categories? if no,then what becomes of them,if Jesus himself was not punished for his own suicide?
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ministeriallist: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
JWs are the best people I've seen on this earth. No wonder people like to look for any error in them. They don't fight, they don't force people to remain their members, they enjoy responsibly. They don't make noise...
They don't have "witches and wizards" and "demon-possessed" people like in most churches.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by focus7: 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
Demonic sect.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hopefulLandlord: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
ministeriallist:
JWs are the best people I've seen on this earth. No wonder people like to look for any error in them. They don't fight, they don't force people to remain their members, they enjoy responsibly. They don't make noise...
They don't have "witches and wizards" and "demon-possessed" people like in most churches.

what?

you're seeing these things as an outsider

believe me, they do most of the things you're saying they don't do

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
dejonathan:
Can you pls give me 3 examples of those who av died for refusing blood....

A 1998 case in California:

An unusual court case involving a Witness and a blood transfusion occurred in Pomona, CA. Keith Cook, a drunken driver, had rammed his pickup truck into a stationary car, pushing it into a 55 year old woman, Jadine Russell who was standing by the side of the road. Being a Jehovah's Witness, she refused a blood transfusion, and later died in hospital. Cook was found not guilty on his original murder charge, but was convicted of manslaughter. Prosecutors said Cook was responsible for the death because he caused the injuries. His lawyers argued that the immediate cause of Russell's death was her refusal of a blood transfusion.7
http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness11.htm

Pregnant Jehovah's Witness and her baby die after she refused a blood transfusion, chemotherapy and a C-section due to her religious beliefs
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3027599/Jehovah-s-Witness-baby-die-refuses-blood-transfusion-seven-months-pregnant-cancer-80-chance-surviving-treatment.html

Teenage Jehovah's Witness refuses blood transfusion and dies
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/7734480/Teenage-Jehovahs-Witness-refuses-blood-transfusion-and-dies.html

Jehovah’s Witness Parents Refuse Life Saving Treatment for Son
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/05/jehovahs-witness-parents-refuse-life-saving-treatment-for-son/

Jehovah’s Witness Mother Dies During Childbirth After Allegedly Refusing Blood Transfusion
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/10/16/jehovahs-witness-mother-dies-during-childbirth-after-allegedly-refusing-blood-transfusion/

Since you, analice07 and mynd44's devices cannot access Google undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Nathan2016: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
You still never get that guy. Nobody is saying is not in JW doctrine....The point is nobody forced her to believe in it. Believe is an individual choice. Not collective choice. When it is collective, it is now a cult not religion.
hahn:

I already mention you with this article

It's the least I can do since Google does not work and you and mynd44's devices

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by deborsky(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

What is the verse in the bible that supports refusal of accepting blood transfusion?
Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses accept blood transfusions?
This is a religious issue rather than a medical one. Both the Old and New Testaments clearly command us to abstain from blood. ( Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23; Acts 15:28, 29) Also, God views blood as representing life. ( Leviticus 17:14) So we avoid taking blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the Giver of life.
Changing viewpoints
Complex surgeries can be successfully performed without blood transfusions
At one time, the medical community generally viewed strategies for avoiding transfusions, so-called bloodless medicine, as extreme, even suicidal, but this has changed in recent years. For example, in 2004, an article published in a medical education journal stated that “many of the techniques developed for use in Jehovah’s Witness patients will become standard practice in years to come.” * An article in the journal Heart, Lung and Circulation said in 2010 that “‘bloodless surgery’ should not be limited to J[ehovah’s] W[itnesses] but should form an integral part of everyday surgical practice.”
Thousands of doctors worldwide now use blood-conservation techniques to perform complex surgeries without transfusions. Such alternatives to blood transfusions are used even in developing countries and are requested by many patients who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by princetom1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

To put it further, if ur doctor said, don't drink alcohol, will u accept if they pass it through ur vein into ur system?

kode12:
' please read Gen 9:4. Acts15:20,28,29 and please before you might say the bible says no to eating blood not transfusion ask yourself, in ,both transfusion and eating where's the final point of action of the blood?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
browniex:
what about the suicide bombers that blow themselves up,is that one different from what Jesus did?does suicide have different categories? if no,then what becomes of them,if Jesus himself was not punished for his own suicide?

I guess it is partiality. Imagine Jehovah went and even gave him a throne. Apparently, there is corruption in heaven too cheesy grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
kode12:
Sorry about that then.Back to the topic.

Yels cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Anusiemgood(m): 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you dey mind am?

I once discussed Jesus' suicide on another thread and none of these Christians could give any cogent reason to counter it
May God seize ur breath for saying rubbish..fool
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ministeriallist: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=53411381]

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
kode12:

Lol. I haven't even read it and you already have an excuse

analice107 and mynd44 will be in a better position to interpret this passage of wisdumb cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ministeriallist: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
princetom1:

To put it further, if ur doctor said, don't drink alcohol, will u accept if they pass it through ur vein into ur system?

Sound logic!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Maximus85(m): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
A Jehovah Witness church member named Peace Euodia has died after she had excess bleeding during childbirth and refused blood transfusion because of her faith.

According to Ossai Ovie:

RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE: Peace Euodia died of excess bleeding during child delivery, because Her church, Jehovah Witness Church does not permit her to accept blood transfusion.
Why will Jehovah Witness church not allow her to receive blood from someone because
of church tradition.
Rest in PEACE EUDIA. COMBINED SOCIAL SCIENCE CLASS OF 2011 UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA has lost a rare gem. We will mourn your death together with your family. Adieu

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/02/jehovah-witness-lady-dies-after-refusing-transfusion-childbirth-photo.html

First of all, it is not Jehovah's Witnesses that does not permit blood transfusion. Jehovah does not permit blood transfusion. He said we should abstain from blood completely.

This Sister did not try to safe her life by ntentionally going against God's commandment. Even if she took the blood and survive... She's still going to die some day. But in this situation Jehovah won't forget her. She has a hope of resurrection. She died a faithful woman to her God Jehovah.

The Bible said he who try to save his life will lose it.

Some people will say trash. But it's her decision and Jehovah surely will remember her. It's painful but we are happy she remained faithful till the very end.

See you in the new world my Sister.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by dingbang(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
Have mercy lord. For we have sinned
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by deborsky(m): 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
The Bible’s answer
The Bible commands that we not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:
Genesis 9:4 . God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.
Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.
Acts 15:20 . “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.
Why does God command us to abstain from blood?
God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him.— Leviticus 17:11; Colossians 1:20 .

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Crownadex(m): 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

You obviously know nothing of JW. They are ready to ban her for the church if she had done that. It is a strict rule in JW. Many people have died from such stupidity
bros easy now , who can even guarantee her survival if she allw the blood self

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by AyamConfidence(m): 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

You obviously know nothing of JW. They are ready to ban her for the church if she had done that. It is a strict rule in JW. Many people have died from such stupidity
don't say what you don't know Mr

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
newyorks:
faith gone wrong.rip pretty
Better don't judge what you have little knowledge about

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order / Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Having Extramarital Affairs With Actresses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.