Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,436 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 PM

Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor (28100 Views)

Audu Maikori Sues Governor El-rufai For N10billion Following His Arrest / Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday / Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Danmas: 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
Chocolate City founder, Audu Maikori, has apologized to the College of Education in Gidan-Waya, Kaduna and the Kaduna State Government, for sending out false information about an attack on the school.
Maikori at the time claimed that six students of the school were killed by Fulani herdsmen, including his driver’s younger brother.

The College of Education released a statement denying the incident and Maikori faced a lot of backlash on social media, with many saying he posted fake pictures.
However, he has now published a retraction on his Facebook page and claims his driver, a certain Simon Joseph, misled him.
His statement in full:
“Following the statement by the College of Education, Gidan-Waya Kaduna and the Kaduna State government refuting the story that 5 students of the school were killed by Fulani herdsmen en-route to school on the 27th of January 2017, as reporter by my one Simon Joseph (my personal driver) I decided to further investigate the story to ensure that all the facts of the case and evidence were presented to the authorities.

My driver Simon Joseph had travelled to the village to attend his younger brother’s burial and on his return on Monday the 30th of January 2017, I asked him for pictures from the burial, the ID card of his brother and also pictures of the casket so I could submit to the authorities and he told me that he had phone issues so he could not store pictures on his phone. He told me however that his sister had the pictures on her phone and I proceeded to give him money to go to Ikeja to get the pictures from his sister, so I could have evidence. He didn’t return till evening, and when he did, he showed me some blurry picture of a male body which didn’t show the face of the victim. At this point I began to strongly suspect foul play. I again questioned him about the veracity of his story to which he swore on the bible that his brother was dead and even began to shed tears.
Not totally satisfied with the story I made contact with his referees ( who helped to engage him) and they didn’t seem to know about any death in his family . So on the 2nd of February, 2017 I went in company of his referee one Mr Dauda to the Lekki Police Station for questioning in the absence of his providing any concrete evidence of the death of his brother and fellow students(He clearly didn’t suspect anything at this stage). When we got to the station, I lodged my complaint and when he was questioned he maintained his story about the deaths were real until the police officers at the station threatened to arrest him . It was only then that he confessed and said he was just trying to collect money from me; that he knew that I was involved in the advocacy on the Southern Kaduna crisis and he thought that I after obtaining money for me for the fake burial expenses I wouldn’t cross check the veracity of his story. So he was duly arrested.
Following this development, I decided that the right thing to do was to issue a statement retracting the tweet which reported the killings of students of the College of Education as relayed to me by my driver. And I had no reason to doubt him due to the spate of killings in the area and because in the 8 months he has worked for me, he had never “lied” to me about anything or so I thought. Besides why would any right thinking human lie about the death of a sibling?
Consequently, I hereby tender an unreserved and sincere apology to the Management of the College of Education, Gidan Waya, His Excellency the Governor of Kaduna State and the Kaduna State Government, and also to the people of Southern Kaduna and the Fulani community and also VANGUARD newspapers whos source was my driver for the false statement by my driver which I also publicized believing same to be true.
This action is made even more imperative because I understand that as a leader in my community, my statements are taken seriously and shapes the narrative. But nothing is more important in leadership than owning up to mistakes honestly and with integrity regardless of the repercussions or circumstances.
I make this statement with all sense of responsibility, realizing that by admitting what transpired, people may begin to doubt my credibility and that of my statements in future… this is a risk I am willing to take but I would rather tell the truth about the situation than suppress it.
Besides this what is clear to me is that there are people who are simply just creating and concocting pictures and stories to deliberately mislead people , like I was misled. With benefit of hindsight I should have checked the story in detail but given that I am not a journalist or Police officer my experience in these matters are/were limited.
I must also seize this opportunity to plead with my brothers in Kaduna, regardless of ethnic or religious persuasion that the time to unite and fight for peace is now. This unfortunate situation is now actively being used by crisis opportunists, politicians and some unpatriotic elements to forge their personal or commercial agendas to the detriment of the peace and stability of the state. This must stop.
Instructively, it is important to note that nothing in my clarification undermines the fact that the lives of Nigerians citizens have been lost in the Southern Kaduna crisis rather it refers to this particular incident which I have verified to have been untrue and fraudulent.
The arrest of the arrest of 17 suspects with arms and ammunition in connection with the Southern Kaduna killings on the 3rd of February by security agents is evidence that our agitations are yielding fruit and to that end I commend the government on these arrests as well as many more in the nearest future.
To this end, I am even more resolved in this quest for the restoration of peace in Southern Kaduna and also working even more closely with the all the stakeholders to ensure that normalcy returns to Kaduna. What is however clear is that unverified facts , hate messages and ethnic stereotyping only exacerbates the issues ,they don’t help the pursuit of peace.
As I speak, my former driver Simon has been handed over to the police authorities.He is available to help the authorities with any further investigations.
Finally, all the people that posted#IstandWithAudu I appreciate the trust bestowed on me and hope I haven’t lost it.”

www.dailypost.ng/2017/02/04/southern-kaduna-killings-audu-maikori-apologizes-posting-false-information-online/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
some ediots will still blame el rufai telling u its false

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Nogodye(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
That's why we need to establish of fact right when giving out any information to the public...to avoid bringing back of Social Media Bill by the Senate.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by veekid(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
So no be MI originate choc city?

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by ta4ba3(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
false news or not Fulani herdsmen are evil and buhari is a confused daura kunu sipping dictator which objective is to revenge and not to rule

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by veacea: 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2017

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by ceeethru(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
Idiot!! After the damage has been done. Some gullible Nigerians have even believed the story to be true because one of their own has said rubbish. This country can never prosper if we continue in this direction. Shame!

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by zainabxel(f): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by 0b10010011: 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
#IStandWithBuhari

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by raphok1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nigeria is in a very tough situation bro, her people are pushing against resistance of hundreds of kilos, and the present government is frustrated looking for whom to devour. So when u get any info verify before u share, else!! U don't wanna knw what will become of u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by passyhansome(m): 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
Rest my case

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by dessz(m): 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
THIS IS SUPER STORY.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Janetessy(f): 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nigeria is a big sack bag of SH.TS
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by gabazin080(m): 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
0b10010011:
#IStandWithBuhari
seems your brain is paining u. you stand with buhari with the hunger in the land.
i guess u are among the brain washed youth being fooled to think u are the leader of tomorow

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by coolxpat(m): 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nonsense... A lie that is half truth, is the darkest of all lies.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by emeijeh(m): 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
I see....

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by ozoebuka1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
guess what?

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by rattlesnake(m): 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nothing is false as long as many people believe it
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by darfay: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
So you mean to tell me that there is no sense inside that his coconut head big for nothing mofo b playing with things as critical as this

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Flexherbal(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
0b10010011:
#IStandWithBuhari

Who is arguing with you ??

If you like stand with Buhari or TB Joshua

No one gives a flying and running fucck

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Usernamesucks: 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
That's humility. Please verify any info, sensitive or not before broadcasting especially those people sending BCs on whatsapp and BBM.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by omofunaab(m): 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
I respect this man

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by SouthernUnite: 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
It doesn't change the fact several christians and minorities are killed in Southern Kaduna

We need to unite in the southern region (sw,ss and se)

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by quiverfull(m): 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
No shame in apologising for admitting a wrong...cause you can be sincere and still be sincerely wrong.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by obembet(f): 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
This man dey fear
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Phealipo(m): 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
Audu, you do well. Na man you be

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by NCP: 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
l dont have any of these left again

FerrousOxide
Uranium
Calcium
Kalium

any BioChemist having any left may want to pass it across to those needing it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by BELKIS(f): 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eliana Ameh: Kaffy Celebrates Her Daughter's 4th Birthday / Bovi's Caption To This Photo Of Him And His Wife / Emmanuella Iloba Covers HKE Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.