Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame (10848 Views)

MTN Ng Offers Its Subscribers Free Calls For The Month Of August: How To Activat / Glo Free MB & Dubious Configurations / Mtn & Glo Free Call Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
This is another disgrace to Nigeria; the Glo 'free' call, all you need to do is recharge your phone activate the bla bla bla, by dialing *100*1*#. You will be surprise why i say its a shame, just activate it and share ur testimony.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
I bought a new glo line, i couldnt even activate the sim not to talk of loading, the sim is just useless to me.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by 03: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
Yeah right. You just bought the sim card when you heard there was a promo going on.(anyways, that's the reason for the promo) They want more people on the network . maybe you should follow the instructions properly.

What I find disturbing about the whole issue is that, now the network is jam packed and I spend more trying to reach out to people using sms because the damn phone doesn't connect easily.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
What I find disturbing about the whole issue is that, now the network is jam packed and I spend more trying to reach out to people using sms because the damn phone doesn't connect easily.
It doesnt connent @ all, what I am saying is, if they aint capable of promo, they shudnt deceive ppl into buying it, cos if i cant get a good service, i sure would discontinue using it.

maybe you should follow the instructions properly.
what instructions shud i follow, ehn?? I was ask to call 121 for activation, i av dialled that number for more than 240 without success, it doesnt even connect @all
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
Mr. MOderator, why u lock dis thread, u dey work for Glo or is it a crime to speak the truth.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by Dclique(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
Its not locked.
Or was it locked before.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by Dclique(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
Its not locked.
Or was it locked before?
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
ok, back to topic, wat u guys av 2 sey bout dat, are u experiencing same, or is my own just different
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by Digriz(m): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
Mine didnt work cos i made a long call expectin dat no money wld b deducted i notice dat my airtime has bn depleted.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by chakaz(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
I think the best thing is to sue glo for a bridge of agreement.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2009
WafiJoe:

Mr. MOderator, why u lock dis thread, u dey work for Glo or is it a crime to speak the truth.

Dclique:

Its not locked.
Or was it locked before.

@poster.look b4 u leap ok.i just saw this post now
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2009
Hope Glo is up to the challenge.i was just getting "connection error" virtually thru out 2day:i won't recharge my Glo for 2morrow and see what will happened.Hope they won't deduct money if i recharge subsequently?
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by audacious: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
Dunno why you guys are having problems but not me. Activated today and I started making free Glo to Glo calls instantly, infact my calls connect with a single dial. I have also received several calls from other people, maybe there is a network problem in your location.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by N9528GB: 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2009
@poster what do u expect? U make calls free even during business hours thats rubbish, I did not even bother trying the glo thing cuzz lines will be hard to reach even when not using their free calls.
They should learn from etisalat, checkout how etisalat is doing theirs with no issues. Etisalat Rocks!
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by toluxa1(m): 3:34am On Dec 04, 2009
honsule:

Hope Glo is up to the challenge.i was just getting "connection error" virtually thru out 2day:i won't recharge my Glo for 2morrow and see what will happened.Hope they won't deduct money if i recharge subsequently?

Ah! That is what we call "Abowaba". The system accumulates N40 everyday if you don't have money. Anytime you load, they collect their money shap shap. If one was able to make calls easily then, d tin for make sense. But the network if too fuc.king jammed.

To activate new line, just dial 125.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2009
toluxa1:

The system accumulates N40 everyday if you don't have money. Anytime you load, they collect their money shap shap.

are u serious or u are joking?The system accumulates N40 bucks daily.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2009
How can one deactivate the Glo free call?
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by semid4lyfe(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2009
Hons, u wan deactivate the free call now now?
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Hons, u wan deactivate the free call now now?

Not me actually,but i want to help sb out.
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2009
i have about 6 Glo sims activated for 3G.i just use one of them to do the free call stuff
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by aieromon(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2009
I knew there was a catch somewhere.
Imagine deductin' N1200 per month on a number whose average recharge is N200. cool
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by brianromel(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2009
Well this is a nasty development. If the intend to charge us everyday that would mean we have to empty our account balance each day.
For a sim i hardly use,i think i'll just restrict my free calling and receive for only two times a week to save me cost.
Well we are nigerian's and have been known to outsmart gprs billing systems of some networks,surly someone can give us advise on how to save our money from this seemingly delicious option they have given us.lol
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 11:14am On Dec 04, 2009
i checked my account a while ago the N3 bucks am having disappeared and i saw "Your account Balance is 0.00 Naira.Your call can not be completed.Please recharge your account" This is not funny o
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2009
The way forward is DEACTIVATION CODE
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by aieromon(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2009
honsule:

i checked my account a while ago the N3 bucks am having disappeared and i saw "Your account Balance is 0.00 Naira.Your call can not be completed.Please recharge your account" This is not funny o

honsule:

The way forward is DEACTIVATION CODE

Glo Biig Dash
Dash - 1.rushing movement: a quick purposeful movement by a person or a group of people in a particular direction
2.to rush off in a hurry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by honsule(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2009
aieromon:

Glo Biig Dash
grin grin grin grin

I guess u know the way forward:Deactivation code.just help out ok
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by twizzleshi(f): 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2009
I guess u know the way forward:Deactivation code.just help out ok[quote][/quote]

The deactivation code iz 125. follow the voice prompt and u are out
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by shaze(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2009
Glo had better not try this kind of thing o! Which kain life? Deducting 40 bucks daily even i dont make calls, thats not fair. I activated my line today after a friend of mine called me from lagos n gave me the gist. So far, my calls av been going thru but menn, if this thing is going to cost N40 everyday i'd better go deactivation route asap [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
shaze:

Glo had better not try this kind of thing o! Which kain life? Deducting 40 bucks daily even i dont make calls, thats not fair. I activated my line today after a friend of mine called me from lagos n gave me the gist. So far, my calls av been going thru but menn, if this thing is going to cost N40 everyday i'd better go deactivation route asap [color=#000099][/color]

I guess, its only people in lagos that are able to use this "awuf", in benin, no calls have been going thru. angry >:

(
N95-2 8GB:

@poster what do u expect? U make calls free even during business hours thats rubbish, I did not even bother trying the glo thing cuzz lines will be hard to reach even when not using their free calls.
They should learn from etisalat, checkout how etisalat is doing theirs with no issues. Etisalat Rocks!

who says there shud be free calls week days angry , it would have been prefarable, if they enable it just weekends, that would have make lots of sense.

Bleep glo, this will greatly reduce their patronage
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by WafiJoe(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2009
ha ha, I just got a free call through, below is our conversation

Wafijoe: Hello

Furniture man: Hello

Wafijoe: Is that the furniture man

Furniture man: ehn??

Wafijoe: ello

FM: ehn

Wafijoe: ello

FM: ehnn

Call ended.

Spewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Nonsense
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by toluxa1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2009
twizzleshi:

I guess u know the way forward:Deactivation code.just help out ok

The deactivation code iz 125. follow the voice prompt and u are out

Yeah, i guess to deactivate you just dial 125 and choose classic plus back. You'll be charged N40.

brianromel link=topic=361120.msg5047006#msg5047006 date=1259919872:

Well this is a nasty development. If the intend to charge us everyday that would mean we have to empty our account balance each day.
For a sim i hardly use,i think i'll just restrict my free calling and receive for only two times a week to save me cost.
Well we are nigerian's and have been known to outsmart gprs billing systems of some networks,surly someone can give us advise on how to save our money from this seemingly delicious option they have given us.lol

The best thing is to get a dedicated line for this so that even uf your account balance is -N2400, you don't have to pay, just throw the sim away.

aieromon:

I knew there was a catch somewhere.
Imagine deductin' N1200 per month on a number whose average recharge is N200. cool

Haba, you sef, N200 in one month
Re: Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame by deb(m): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2009
Is it really a promo? What I read in the news paper did not sound promo to me.
Its like a new thing from Glo that has come to stay. I read stuffs like we have come to
revolutionize telephony in Nigeria just like we introduced the per second billing in Nigeria.

So is it really a promo?

About their shameful performance, I expected it from a Nigerian company at first. They might still get their act together
but I have decided to fold my hands till I see that the coast is clear before i take the offer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Download Facebook And Other Applications On My Blackberry. / Unbelievable Data Plan From Airtel / Who Knows The Cheapest Bulk Sms Gateway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.