Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God (13820 Views)

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Evans407(m): 8:33am On Feb 05, 2017
This got me wondering honestly, if i don't go to Church and am a believer, will it affect my relationship with God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by HungerBAD: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:
This got me wondering honestly, if i don't go to Church and am a believer, will it affect my relationship with God?

No.

Your body is the temple(Church) of the Lord, so you can serve him anywhere without going into Church.

1 Corinthians 6:19King James Version (KJV)

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by talkeverytime: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes, this may not show immediately but it does. God programmed the church (the causing
gathering of the brethren) to help us grow, fellowship and be trained in his word. So go to church. Hebs 10:25

However read 5 Types of Girls You find in Church Choirs: http://talkeverytime..co.id/2017/01/five-types-of-girls-you-find-in-church.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by emmayayodeji(m): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2017
grin

Lmao
grin
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Atmmachine(m): 9:01am On Feb 05, 2017

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

God is fake

Jesus is fake

Only kids can believe those stupid lies

10 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by MakeADifference: 9:01am On Feb 05, 2017
Depends on the type of church. But really no.

But by not going to church, you only lose the benefits of going to church.

Rephrase the question "does being an orphan affect my relationship with God"? The answer is no.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2017
I think it does. I for one have never met a vibrant Christian who doesn't go to church. Abstaining from chruch only leads to lukewarmness at its best.

By burning multiple coals together, you have a better chance of having them burn longer, as opposed to when you have just one burning alone.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by sendmeonly(m): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:

what do you believe in
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2017
For me personally,it doesn't. The most important thing do u know and believe in God in ur heart?

3 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by 0b10010011: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2017
Which of the God's re we talking about?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by musicwriter(m): 9:04am On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:

Jesus himself wasn't a church goer.

5 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2017
Gaborone:
I think it does.

No where did it say you should go to church on Sundays

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by canalily(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2017
Does not eating balance diet affect your nurishmentundecided
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by laurel03(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2017
i only go on dec 31st to please my family ...

4 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by auntysimbiat(f): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes ..

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Christane: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2017
yes nw ...bt if u re too sick dat u cnt move a muscle dat z understandable even God wil understand ...bt wen u re physically,mentally and emotionally sound and u stay away from d gathering of d children of God ..den dat z d sin ..nd it mean u dnt av regard for d thngz of God ...so it sink ur relation-ship wit God ..so quickly go and dress up dy z stil time to be in d house of God.. am out

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by kerryjossy(f): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2017
YES!
Acts 2:42. Heb 10:25.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by MakeADifference: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2017
Exactly! Man you sure know the Bible

Matthew 18:3 NIV
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. ...

Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

9 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by ifenes(m): 9:09am On Feb 05, 2017
No........ Because there is no God outside of you. Show me the god, then consider me wrong.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2017
xstry:
No where did it say you should go to church on Sundays

Good. Now YOU have a reason not to go to church.

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Scalord: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2017
Does not going to a christmas carol affect your relationship with Santa Claus?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by remiopash: 9:12am On Feb 05, 2017
When a person trusts Jesus Christ for salvation, he or she is made a member of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27). For a church body to function properly, all of its “body parts” need to be present (1 Corinthians 12:14-20). Likewise, a believer will never reach full spiritual maturity without the assistance and encouragement of other believers (1 Corinthians 12:21-26). For these reasons, church attendance/participation and/or fellowship should be regular aspects of a believer’s life. Weekly church attendance is in no sense “required” for believers, but someone who belongs to Christ should have a desire to worship God, receive His Word, and fellowship with other believers.

4 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by frubben(m): 9:13am On Feb 05, 2017
It really does affect ur. Relationship with God. Church is just like a school where ur eyes of understanding is enlighten to know more about God and ur purpose on earth.

But Nigeria pastors hass turn church into a money making scheme thereby losing its purpose. Best stay @ home and study ur bible.

Ink Don finish

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Christane: 9:13am On Feb 05, 2017
re u a devil??
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Moshkom(m): 9:13am On Feb 05, 2017
Following. .. ...
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Luckygurl(f): 9:14am On Feb 05, 2017
It does to the best of my knowledge.
Those times, I miss service (like today), I feel some form of emptiness in me as against the satisfaction derived when I get in from an awesome service session.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by warriorPedigree: 9:14am On Feb 05, 2017
Does starving yourself of food have an effect on your body?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by purem(m): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

U don't mean what u'r saying

Coz u'r not given proves or

Reasons......

But their's is more than trillion
Reasons and proves to believe
Otherwise.......

If only u'r blind or ur heart is
Weak or u'r ignorance to them...

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by nsilordgmail(m): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2017
Last time i went to church was about 15 years ago but i strongly believe i have a good relationship with God. I've seen His marvelous and miraculous works in my life. May His name be praised for Ever!!! Church won't give us salvation but how you live ur life will. Am not discouraging anybody from going to church and am not saying going to church is not good but what am trying to say is that all that matters is our personal relationship with God whether you go to church or not

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Originalsly: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2017
It depends on the church. Not attending many of these churches can strenghten...yes... can strenghten your relationship with God. You need to first really find out if you belong to a church or a business organisation. Is your church about bringing you closer to God?... about having you reading and understanding the Bible?...about having faith?...about resisting temptations?.... about salvation? ... about bringing it's members together? If yes, you need to attend church to strenghten your relationship with God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu / Six Things Christain Youths Should Engage In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.