Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,929 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:41 AM

Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of (953 Views)

Ikpeazu Detractors Won't Learn... / 2face Cancelled Protest: Between Omojuwa And A Twitter User / Reno Omokri Reacts To 2face Idibia's Cancelled Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by Medley(m): 11:05am On Feb 05, 2017
Many received the news of the cancellation of the February 6 nationwide protest spearheaded by the Nigerian music icon, Innocent Idibia popularly known as 2face Idibia with utter dismay and chagrin, with different name calling, people calling him a coward, others suggesting that he has been compromised and have received bribe, while others made a twist to is name calling him a two-faced individual, but in all I would have expected a miracle if the protest had held in a country without any foundation and tenets of democracy.

1. 2face looked beyond monetary gratification

First Nigerians must admit the fact that it takes a lot for a celebrity of 2face’s status that is still in his prime and active music career to voice out against politicians that are the major provider of their revenue when the invite them to their occasions and event. Many other celebrity of his status that have ties or intend to have ties with the current political party would not have shown interest in the first place. He knew the loss he will incur in joining the protest but was never hindered.

2. Our security agencies cajoled him to reaching the regrettable decision

Those standing outside the heat of the bout would not know how many calls 2face has received from the High and mighty in Nigerian security ranking to cancel the protest or be faced with whatever consequences that will be as a resultant of the protest when properties are destroyed and life’s are lost. In saner climes the Nation security will all be deployed to make sure that protest is not hijacked by those that have intentions to use the medium in wrecking havoc and atrocities.

3. We are not ready for this kind of protest as a Nation.

Need not look too far, have you asked yourself why would a counter protest be fixed on the day a protest has already been scheduled for, it’s all in the guise to cause the protest to be far from peaceful. In a country where people are civilized and understand that protest is not a war, the counter protest will never have resurfaced in the first place. To many the protest was seen as a movement to change the current government, which was never the case.

4. The Idea behind the protest was misconstrued

The protest was not seen for what it actually was, some had the idea that it was all about the current government and the APC as a party and will in the long run play a major role in the 2019 polls and for this kind and their likes that would want to hold on to power in the 2019 elections there are ready to fight with their last blood to maim and kill whoever is going to stand their way. Do you know how many threats people like this would have sent the way of 2face Idibia against the February 6 protest.

5. The Protest if Hijacked by Hoodlums and robbers, who will take the blame?

Tell me of any peaceful protest that has ever happened in Nigeria without the Police recording a case of accidental discharge of lead bullet and not rubber bullet designed to control crowd in other Nations of the world. Some of the people using all kind of word to abuse him for this decisions will become the Two-faced individual that they are currently tagging him, you will hear them mutter in silence and loud in public that 2face has caused the death of some people because of gratification he has received to lead a protest against the government of the day.

The victory he achieved are innumerable, he has been able to make the poor and the needy of our nation know that he is ready to speak out against the ills bedeviling our society and won’t mind what people will say about him or his past. Many of his previous update on social media about what the problems of our country is that need quick revamping and attention has been read by many of our leaders and I am sure they will know we are watching. This would not have been the case if it was not a person of is status that played the role he played. He can bow out with the assurance that he achieved victory even in the cancellation. He is a rare gem and with this he has started a thing that will soon make others that have not had the courage to speak before now to thread the path he has taken, if all celebrity can start singing, tweeting and speaking of the ills of our society and not the number of houses they have or woman they carry, Nigeria will surely become the country of our dream.

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by Medley(m): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2017
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by olaric(m): 11:30am On Feb 05, 2017
Nigerians are hypocrites; if 2baba was a Yoruba man, you guys would have started calling him all sort of names.
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by Medley(m): 11:38am On Feb 05, 2017
olaric being yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is not the case here, that won't solve our many problems in Nigeria. Its accepting the fact that he has done a rare thing among our celebs
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by azimibraun: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=Medley post=53434355][/quote] Na wa for you o! Why are you talking as if you are in Country with decent and rational thinking people in majority? Am even shocked that a reasonable person like you exist. I have long giving up hope thinking i am alone in this country. May God keep you o! You are one of the last of a dying breed. You and I need to be conserved. We are an endagerd species. Nigerins don't have sense anymore o! One direction thinking. Our people just want rumour and drama. Must 2face march ; if the circumstance for marching is not right; what then is the noblest thing to do? Cancelle and continue the discussion via different fora.. Twitter, Facebook, Intagrm etc. Is it the march that is important or the message; who hasn't gotten the message; what drove the government to set up a task force on the cost of food in Nigeria? The 2face planned protest. Yet the chosen one is being insulted by people who hailed him a while ago.
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by babyfaceafrica: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2017
This is super story
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by Medley(m): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
azimibraun:
Na wa for you o! Why are you talking as if you are in Country with decent and rational thinking people in majority? Am even shocked that a reasonable person like you exist. I have long giving up hope thinking i am alone in this country. May God keep you o! You are one of the last of a dying breed. You and I need to be conserved. We are an endagerd species. Nigerins don't have sense anymore o! One direction thinking. Our people just want rumour and drama. Must 2face march ; if the circumstance for marching is not right; what then is the noblest thing to do? Cancelle and continue the discussion via different fora.. Twitter, Facebook, Intagrm etc. Is it the march that is important or the message; who hasn't gotten the message; what drove the government to set up a task force on the cost of food in Nigeria? The 2face planned protest. Yet the chosen one is being insulted by people who hailed him a while ago.
I was expecting the usual on this thread which is insult directed at me for supporting a 'coward' as all of them want us to beleive. With the way events are unravelling after he cancelled the protest, i'm sure others of his status will do a rethink before coming out to support any movement
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by rejoice4eva(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
The big question is that, will the concerned leaders at all levels do the needful ? Why are we so wicked in this nation.? is it not clear and glaring that we are suffering and something needed to be done urgently?
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by POTUS01: 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2017
Show me one single threat to this protest that was not a threat before now? Nothing. The difference? More Nairaland fingers like you than real soldiers.

Police saying "we can't guarantee your security"? Very normal. Being accused you are sponsored by the opposition? Standard...

Protests will be hijacked? We heard that before. Invitations by SSS before protest? Happened several times...

Everything that happens before a major protest happened to this one. Nothing new happened save for the fact that people like you are the problems we have.

azimibraun:
Na wa for you o! Why are you talking as if you are in Country with decent and rational thinking people in majority? Am even shocked that a reasonable person like you exist. I have long giving up hope thinking i am alone in this country. May God keep you o! You are one of the last of a dying breed. You and I need to be conserved. We are an endagerd species. Nigerins don't have sense anymore o! One direction thinking. Our people just want rumour and drama. Must 2face march ; if the circumstance for marching is not right; what then is the noblest thing to do? Cancelle and continue the discussion via different fora.. Twitter, Facebook, Intagrm etc. Is it the march that is important or the message; who hasn't gotten the message; what drove the government to set up a task force on the cost of food in Nigeria? The 2face planned protest. Yet the chosen one is being insulted by people who hailed him a while ago.
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by Medley(m): 3:18am On Feb 06, 2017
rejoice4eva:
The big question is that, will the concerned leaders at all levels do the needful ? Why are we so wicked in this nation.? is it not clear and glaring that we are suffering and something needed to be done urgently?
The concerned leaders will do the needful if we start protesting their wrongdoings at all times
Re: Cancelled Protest:the Trials 2face Survived That His Detractors Won't Speak Of by Medley(m): 3:21am On Feb 06, 2017
POTUS01:
Show me one single threat to this protest that was not a threat before now? Nothing. The difference? More Nairaland fingers like you than real soldiers.

Police saying "we can't guarantee your security"? Very normal. Being accused you are sponsored by the opposition? Standard...

Protests will be hijacked? We heard that before. Invitations by SSS before protest? Happened several times...

Everything that happens before a major protest happened to this one. Nothing new happened save for the fact that people like you are the problems we have.

There is a fifty-fifty chance that the protest will be hijacked my friend we are not ready for this kind of protest as a nation.

(1) (Reply)

It’s Insulting For Obasanjo To Tell Igbo To Contest For 2019 Presidency — Nwosu / We Didn't Import Rice In The Name Of Yeast: Master Energy Commodities Trading LT / Is This What Lai Muhammad Meant By Buhari Working From Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.