Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Profile of Hassan Dankwambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile of Hassan Dankwambo (5824 Views)

Road To 2019; President Muhammadu Buhari Versus Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo / Nigerians Blast Dankwambo For Mocking Buhari For Blaming The Youths / Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2017
By Tonyebarcanista

One thing about the Nigeria media is that they only focus their attention on Governors and leaders in the south, in most cases hyping and overrating some of the southern Governors when doing their ratings and rankings, and making it appear like nothing is going on up north.

For instance, in the last dispensation, governors Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (then PDP) of Kano and Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe were undisputedly two of the best governors in the federation. Dankwambo's case was even unique in the sense that he had little resources at his disposal when compared with his then Kano colleague and those of the southern states, yet, his performance was good.

Who Is This Governor Dankwambo?
Governor Hassan Dankwambo is one of the few politicians and leaders in Nigeria that climbed up the ladder through hard work and merit.

He is an alumnus of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and University of Lagos, where he bagged his Bachelor and Master degrees in Accounting and Economics respectively.

He became the Accountant General of Gombe state in 1999 at age 37. In 2005, President Olusegun Obasanjo elevated him to the position of the Accountant General of the federation (AGF), thereby reaching the pinnacle of his profession in the public service. Dankwambo had to heed to call to serve his people in 2011. He resigned his job as AGF in January 2011 to run for Governor of Gombe state, where he won convincingly in the April 2011 poll.

Being a Governor did not stop his quest for further studies. As Governor, he bagged a PhD in Accounting from the prestigious Igbenedion University, Okada, even when his peers were collecting "Honorary Doctorate Awards". He is also a fellow with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, (FCA), Fellow, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (FCTI), Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (FCIB) and Fellow, Nigeria Institute of Marketers (FNIM).

Governor (Dr) Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo is 54 years old.

Critics are yet to find any loophole to pin Dankwambo. He is a core professional, a perfect technocrat, he is still in his prime years @54, and he represent the call for generational shift in leadership that we all yearned for.

Governor Dankwambo, though a practising Muslim, he is one of the few leaders with support base beyond their religious circle. He is an highly detribalised Nigerian, a perfect description of what a leader should be in a multiethnic society like ours.

With the situation of things in the country, it only make sense for a real fresh air to step in, fix the country and safeguard it from total comatose.

I have consistently maintained that there is vacancy in Aso Rock 2019, but the new occupant must be someone that knows what leadership and public service is about especially in a unique society like Nigeria.

Finally, I urge our media to remember that Nigeria extend beyond the south, they should beam their searchlight towards the north and inform Nigerians of the wonders of Governors like Ibrahim Dankwambo.

May God Bless Us And Bless Nigeria!

[img]http://2.bp..com/-LaTwwsdyc7U/Vq__P6hRv5I/AAAAAAAABt4/icJOG7mQ9Kc/s1600/ibrahim-dankwambo-of-Gombe-State.jpg[/img]
Shared on palmchat

1 Like

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by signature2012(m): 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by madridguy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2017
Tonye, I know one day you will get there. Keep the good work going.

Meanwhile, PDP don yamutu and one million Dankwambo will not bring back the dead party.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by Koleman(m): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2017
you don start again abi? we dey struggle with one you don begin release another single. I didn't even bother to read becos all na wash.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by mitcheti(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
Looks enticing

1 Like

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by Thewrath(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
Dusting an old,expired politician as a presidential candidate in a country of 120million youths
We the youths are the "leaders of tomorrow" indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by vedaxcool(m): 5:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
The same guy who is cut up in the subsidy scam?

2dillu2:
One of those indicted in the damning revelations made in the report of the House of Reps Committee that investigated the fuel subsidy regime is the current Governor of Gombe State, Alhaji Ibrahim Dankwambo who had served as the Accountant General of the Federation between 2005 and 2010.

The indictment has led to calls from within the state that Alhaji Dankwambo should resign his position. Most of those who spoke to Street Journal in Gombe described it as “embarrassing that somebody of Governor Dankwambo’s calibre could be involved in such atrocities”. Calls have also gone to the Gombe State House of Assembly to commence moves to impeach him in case he refuses to resign.

According to the report, over N2 trillion was expended as fuel subsidy between 2009 and December 2011. The bulk of the blame for the irregularities was put on the Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke, as well as on former accountant general of the federation Ibrahim Dankwambo and former chairman of the PPPRA board Ahmadu Ali.

One of the committee’s recommendations was that the power’s currently being wielded by the Petroleum Minister should be reduced. To achieve this, the panel recommended that instead of having only Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke as Petroleum Minister, two Ministers should be appointed to oversee the Ministry. While one would oversee the upstream, the other would be for the downstream.

The committee also recommended that members of the boards and managements of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPRA), past and present, who are found wanting, for making unauthorised deductions of hundreds of billions during the period should be prosecuted.

The sack of present management of the NNPC led by Mr. Austin Oniwon was also recommended.

It also said NNPC must be made to refund to the federal purse N705 billion; PPPRA N312 billion; oil marketers who drew funding without importation, N8.7 billion; while companies that refused to appear during the investigations are to repay N41.9 billion.

It was stated in the report that “if the Petroleum Subsidy Fund was properly managed, the sum of N1.07 trillion would have been available to the three tiers of government.”

The House said the report’s 61 recommendations would be considered at a plenary session to be relayed on live television on Tuesday.

A portion of the report of the committee on the NNPC reads in part: “the management and board of the NNPC should be completely overhauled and all those involved in the following infractions be further investigated and prosecuted by the relevant anti-corruption agencies:

Payment of N285.098 billion in excess of the PPPRA recommended figure for 2011, subsidy deductions of N310.414 billion for kerosene against a Presidential directive;

Direct deductions from funds for the Federation Account in contravention of section 162 of the Nigerian constitution and illegal granting of price differential or discounts of crude oil price per barrel to NNPC to the tune of N108.648 billion from 2009-2011.

NNPC should be unbundled to make its operations more efficient and transparent, and this we believe can also be achieved through the passage of a well drafted and comprehensive Petroleum Industry Bill. The committee therefore urges the speedy drafting and submission of the bill to the National Assembly.

The NNPC was found not to be accountable to anybody or authority. The corporation in 2011 processed payment of N310.4 billion as 2009-2011 arrears of subsidy on kerosene contrary to a Presidential directive which removed subsidy on kerosene in 2009 without any provisions in the Appropriation Act.”

The committee recommended “direct for the auditing of the NNPC to determine its solvency. This was as a result of claims of indebtedness and demands for payments by the NNPC’s debtors which if not well handled, will not only affect the entire economy of Nig

https://www.nairaland.com/2361305/governor-dankwambo-involved-subsidy-scam

12 Likes

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by SWG25: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
You and Dankwambo should fùck off!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by modath(f): 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
.... Effort in futility... smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by jmoore(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
Just lease this country to China for a period of 10 years.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by Marvin67: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
Well said. I've always maintained that Dankwanbo is the man in 2019. He's fresh (compared to the rest) and so far he aappears stainless. A Dankwanbo/Peter Obi ticket would do wonders for pdp
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
Which subsidy scam? Dankwambo is clean joor

I'm shocked tho
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by vedaxcool(m): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Which subsidy scam? Dankwambo is clean joor

Bros read up and stop pretending

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
Koleman:
you don start again abi? we dey struggle with one you don begin release another single. I didn't even bother to read becos all na wash.
Please read Sir!
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by temitemi1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
man with honour... you have my support come 2019 enough of all these clueless leaders in aso rock..
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by lilfreezy: 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
TonyeBarcanista the political Prostitute, you don dey market another Northerner. Where do you even stand?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2017
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by owobokiri(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
A rolling stone gathers no dust.. For all your epistles, you hardly stay in one place. You are APC today, tomorrow you are PDP.., you are pro Nigeria today, tomorrow you are pro Lower Niger whatever,..,you complain of northern marginalization today, tomorrow you are fronting for a northern politician. I don't know you personally, but you seem to be a "pay-per-article" sort of writer.., a mercenary hireling willing to sell his trade to the highest bidder. . I read you somewhere here talking about running for elections and i cant help but shudder at that possibility. You offer nothing new yet you see change in yourself.. For starters, You need to learn to believe in 'something' strongly, after a thorough check and then stand by that. Thats how you proceed on an ideology.. Dashing from pillar to post all in a bid to live up to the spirits of "no permanent friends" in politics amounts to nothing but political prostitution... That said, i want to remind you and your type that there is a generation of youths in this country who want to see a more civilized space, a more modernized existence and a more inventive leadership. A generation that believes in the devaluation and decentralization of power, a generation that frowns at the "born to rule" mentality. If this country must move forward, forward thinking individuals with a broader approach to leadership should be at the helm. Your mediocre master, Dankwobe doesn't fit that bill..., and you know! But you have to sell the dog poo as candy, because thats just how you roll.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by vedaxcool(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

nowhwee in the report was Dankwambo indicted for scam. The job of the AGF's office is to effect payment upon approval of relevant authorities.

Where in the report was it stated the the Governor diverted money or even take kick back as AGF?

That report did NOT indict Dankwambo

Reading with your eyes close is simply imagining ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
vedaxcool:

Reading with your eyes close is simply imagining ....
I can't support anyone with soiled hands my brother.

1 Like

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by engineerboat(m): 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
vedaxcool:

https://www.nairaland.com/2361305/governor-dankwambo-involved-subsidy-scam

As if you are part of the committee.

200 million grass-cutter,
250 million heavenly gate,
MTN bribery et.al

Is beholdinh you to you face and you arr rubbing it on the head.

Na subsidy you they shout
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by Thewrath(m): 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
owobokiri:
A rolling stone gathers no dust.. For all your epistles, you hardly stay in one place. You are APC today, tomorrow you are PDP.., you are pro Nigeria today, tomorrow you are pro Lower Niger whatever,..,you complain of northern marginalization today, tomorrow you are fronting for a northern politician. I don't know you personally, but you seem to be a "pay-per-article" sort of writer.., a mercenary hireling willing to sell his trade to the highest bidder. . I read you somewhere here talking about running for elections and i cant help but shudder at that possibility. You offer nothing new yet you see change in yourself.. For starters, You need to learn to believe in 'something' strongly, after a thorough check and then stand by that. Thats how you proceed on an ideology.. Dashing from pillar to post all in a bid to live up to the spirits of "no permanent friends" in politics amounts to nothing but political prostitution... That said, i want to remind you and your type that there is a generation of youths in this country who want to see a more civilized space, a more modernized existence and a more inventive leadership. A generation that believes in the devaluation and decentralization of power, a generation that frowns at the "born to rule" mentality. If this country must move forward, forward thinking individuals with a broader approach to leadership should be at the helm. Your mediocre master, Dankwobe doesn't fit that bill..., and you know! But you have to sell the dog poo as candy, because thats just how you roll.
1000likes bro!
Just imagine the insult to our collective reasoning as youths,fronting an expired politician for president?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
lilfreezy:
TonyeBarcanista the political Prostitute, you don dey market another Northerner. Where do you even stand?
Dankwambo is an Ijawman from Ogun state
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by dealslip(f): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
give up @Tonyebarcanista! salvage the small respect left of you on this forum, the way you swing from one end to another is disgraceful.

8 Likes

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
owobokiri:
Your post is from the position of a bigot clown.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by stsinner: 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
what are his achievements as governor of gombe?
Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by Omudia11: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
The Niger Deltans have now rejected you. You have shown that you're on the side of the Hausa/Fulanis who impede development and everything good.

5 Likes

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
dealslip:
give up @Tonyebarcanista! salvage the small respect left of you on this forum, the way you swing from one end to another is disgraceful.
The most important is the message. When I want to run for President I hope you wont forget to use it against me.

But You know what, I WILL TRIUMPH and you will continue to wail just like you've been doing since 2015 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by ragiluhivo(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
This guy again? Still never get sense ?

1 Like

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by dealslip(f): 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The most important is the message. When I want to run for President I hope you wont forget to use it against me.

But You know what, I WILL TRIUMPH and you will continue to wail just like you've been doing since 2015 grin

Tonye, I admired you so much and followed your thoughts and opinions, right on this forum, you have supported PDP and APC at different times, Supported the North then the South. It doesn't speak well of you. It is actually disheartening. You are unstable and I am definitely not voting you Mr. Cookey.

3 Likes

Re: Profile of Hassan Dankwambo by babyfaceafrica: 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
Lolz...he won't smell it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ipob Members Troops Out In Thousands To Protest / Olatoye Temitope (aka Sugar) Is Dead. / See 39 IPOB Members To Be Killed Tomorrow Evening 5 o clock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.