Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) (47061 Views)

The Statue Of The Three Lagos White Cap Chiefs / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nnamdd1(m): 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
The Lagos State Government on Monday, February 6th unveiled the statues of the first crown king of Lagos, King Ado and the legendary Prince Olofin Atekoye.

The event was witnessed by top Lagos officials.

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/02/lagos-govt-unveils-statue-of-lagos-first-crowned-king.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by slimthugchimee(m): 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
it looks good smiley

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by babyfaceafrica: 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nice one
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
Wait ooo, I am not understanding

Is this a moving Statue or we have 2 different statues.?

Check out both pictures again

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by ritababe(f): 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
nice one
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by NetBizguy: 7:50am On Feb 07, 2017
Scatterscatter:

You only read the heading, the pictures are 1. The first crown king of Lagos, King Ado, and The legendary Prince Olofin Atekoye.

28 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by DropShot: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2017
Scatterscatter:

Obviously two different statues.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Redoil: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2017
if you agree with me that this is tinubu father statue click like if not click share
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2017
It looks cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Airforce1(m): 7:51am On Feb 07, 2017
Lol
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Originality007: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2017
saw it around TBS gate
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 7:52am On Feb 07, 2017
Me am not understanding
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by jamesbro(m): 7:52am On Feb 07, 2017
front page things. good am. it actually looks good
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by FunkyMetahuman: 7:52am On Feb 07, 2017
Scatterscatter:

it says statues not statue

Read before u comment

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by pwettyesther(f): 7:52am On Feb 07, 2017
Nice one
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by tellwisdom: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2017
Irrelevant news. Spits angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by teamv: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2017
nice
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by FuckYouMods: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:55am On Feb 07, 2017
OK o
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by blackaxe78: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2017
Eko o ni baje!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Mavor: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2017
I though the Oba of Benin at that time was the one who created Eko (then as a War Camp). Isn't he the first Lord by default?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by crestedaguiyi: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2017
Mad people .
Is this not an exhibition of Insensitivity

The building on the background is unkept yet the state have the nerve to unveil what adds no economic value at a time when Nigerians are protesting the govt insensitivity.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Mcdaniels06: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2017
DropShot:
Obviously two different statues.
Its at two different places, and different statues, i was there live yesterday .
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by nNEOo(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Monarchy the worst form of government
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by hotspec(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2017
Scatterscatter:

U only looked, u dint read.
the first crown king of Lagos, King Ado and the legendary Prince Olofin Atekoye.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by scholes0(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2017
Ado, son of Ashipa.

Nice one.

Mavor:
I though the Oba of Benin at that time was the one who created Eko (then as a War Camp). Isn't he the first Lord by default?

Oba of Benin didn't create Eko, Although Ashipa received the royal sanction from him to do so., and that is why all Yoruboid and Edoid groups will be in Oduduwa republic together.
Our destinies are tied.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by sundilazo(m): 7:59am On Feb 07, 2017
Nice one...any nairalanders here running lagos city marathon dis weekend shud plz holla me. 07030992159

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2017
Nice we need more of these grin
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by BornStunner1: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2017
King Ado a benin Prince!!!

scholes0:
Ado, son of Ashipa.

Nice one.

Oba of Benin didn't create Eko, Although Ashipa received the royal sanction from him to do so., and that is why all Yoruboid and Edoid groups will be in Oduduwa republic together.
Our destinies are tied.

JUST LOOK AT THE RUBBISH THIS ONE IS TYPING!

WHAT USELESS REPUBLIC?

YOU PPL WILL ALWAYS BE REGARDED AS LESS BY WE THE EDOS AND OTHER TRIBES!! angry

THE ONLY DESTINY U YORUBA HAVE IS TO DENOUCE BENIN CULTURE TAUGHT TO U BY PRINCE EKELEREHAN IZODUWA!!

AND ALL THE VASSAL STATES CREATED IN EKITI & ONDO BY THE BENIN EMPIRE IS RETURNED BACK TO THE EMPIRE!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / INNOSON Donates Vehicles To Ooni Of Ife / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.